What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

using morale in professions is broken

krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User

Open Professions window.
Open Current Orders window,
Press Finish Now button.

Observed Result:
First time for a crafted item you will receive that item in your bin as normal. All attempts after that will fail with no message. Finishing order early dialog pops up, on pressing 'ok' no morale deduction no finished item.

Expected Result:
On pressing ok there should be a finished item and morale deduction as it had worked previous to mod 16.

Comments

• mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have this too, and for some reason there is a 10/100 by the job
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I should also mention only one of my toons has this issue, the others can use morale like normal
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    hmm.. I have this happening on 7 toons.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    After the CTA hotfix, also using morale by clicking Craft button in any way has a high chance of consuming morale/gold/materials and not giving any results since the craft result window never pops up.
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Does the artisan in use have Miracle Worker as a trait?

Whenever the Miracle Worker skill is activated the item is created but the Morale count does not change. Also unlike the other traits, there is never a pink message in the confirmation window stating that the skill was activated. The result is 400 morale yields ~100 items at 5/unit instead of 80.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    krzrsms said:

Open Professions window.
    Open Current Orders window,
    Press Finish Now button.

Observed Result:
    First time for a crafted item you will receive that item in your bin as normal. All attempts after that will fail with no message. Finishing order early dialog pops up, on pressing 'ok' no morale deduction no finished item.

Expected Result:
    On pressing ok there should be a finished item and morale deduction as it had worked previous to mod 16.

This is an known issue and I don't know if the Thursday patch fixed it or not.
    For others, it is not about clicking the 'Morale' button. That works.

It is about you have the orders running. You bring up the order window and click 'finish now' for the existing order. The first 'finish now' works and then it does not work anymore. You need to log out and log in to do 'finish now' again ONCE and then you need to logout and login again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • piszozopiszozo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i got 3 chars and this is broken for all of them im going crazy, why arent devs fix it asap :///
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting folks! It's getting escalated.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

If you need a test case, my test case was:

set up an order of 2 (you can have more but that also means more pain)
    Bring up the order window and try to 'finish' it.
    The first time works.
    Then, it does not.
    Logout and login
    Bring up the order window and 'finish' the 2nd one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • piszozopiszozo Member Posts: 5 Arc User

great to hear, thank you
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I believe this is a bug more to do with timing (lag in the game). I have noticed this in the patch prior to CTA patch, but was waiting to see if it was fixed, but it is still occurring. In all cases the Delivery box has been emptied, and I am doing this inside the workshop. My theory is that the game does/does not see the first Craft button press, so allows another press - thus hitting the loop issue.

Situation - using moral to complete jobs - I click the Craft button, waiting for the pop-up to click OK, but doesn't happen. I click Craft again, assuming I have not properly clicked it the first time - definitely see the button 'press' action. I noticed the current orders button went to 5/5 in these cases (but has also happened when I have not had 3 jobs sitting in the queue). I cannot see the jobs in the orders queue, no open windows (closed crafting, open again - nothing). Hit the Esc - Change Character, then log back into the same toon immediately, I then get my pop-up windows to collect the task (both of them - whew!). At first I would get the double task notification (as in, clicked Craft twice in quick succession, then get two notifications), but lately only after I log out/back in.

This occurs lately about once in my rotation of 6 toons - Moral resets daily, I go through toons crafting and will hit this - not every day, but about every 2nd day or so. It still occurs as I cannot be sure I have clicked on the Craft button, so will click again - but starting to pay attention to order count now!

Also on the other bug of queued jobs disappearing from the order list, I have noticed it primarily when the Delivery box is full - you empty it, then go check orders and occasionally (but regularly enough to know it is a bug), one of the queued orders is gone.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have the same issue, but if I walk out the door (change zones) I can to it again...so I walk out to PE, and back into the Workshop...collecting one inside and one outside until I've run out of morale...in the game...getting pretty low here too though
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Can confirm that profession are quite messed up after, I am also unable to rush task outside workshop, when delivery box is full I am loosing an active task and have to restart it and then this..

where's my +1?
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    ramesh84 said:

Can confirm that profession are quite messed up after, I am also unable to rush task outside workshop, when delivery box is full I am loosing an active task and have to restart it and then this..

where's my +1?

I'm with Donnen Millkeep. I don't think he's the one that messed it up.
  • auntcrisauntcris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have all of the above issues, including the no +1 at 100% focus. Very seldom, it does give a +1. In addition, if i am at the delivery box or at the work counter and open the task list, if any of the countdown timers are less than 1 minute, the item gets stuck when it completes. It says please wait for delivery, but never delivers. I can't cancel it to start a new order. I have to zone to PE and back to the workstation or relog and it will deliver the item.
  • I just discovered this past Week, you have 100% Prof, & 100% Focus and you order items with moral, you do not get all (+1) Items/materials, you get a reg and then(+1). Also, with 100% Prof, and 100% Focus if you Professional has Dab Hand, it will not generate a (+1) only a regular item/material. I have never looked that carefully in the past. I just happened to have 0 of the item when I ordered and very few spaces in my Materials storage and two types of items popped in Reg & (+1) Used 120 Moral for parchment got 5 (+1) @ 20 moral each, and 2 Reg at I don't know 20 moral for 2 reg using Dab hand, or First parchment came out Reg w 100% in Prof & Focus. Friends keep telling me Cryptic Cheats.
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Still occurring for Morale Crafting. Picture is an example where I had clicked twice on the Crafting, and clearly there is no Blackiron Plate in the queue (and an empty slot for that matter!). I had previously emptied the Delivery chest.

Log sheet:
    [5/24 6:53] [Inventory Notify] You received Quicksilver.
    [5/24 6:53] [System Notify] Cancelled assignment "Potent Poison Phial."
    [5/24 6:56] [Admin] Balu_das_Kamel has acquired [Cavalry Tyrannosaur] from Merchant Prince Lockbox
    [5/24 6:57] [Inventory Notify] You lost 30 Workshop Morale.
    [5/24 6:57] [Inventory Notify] You lost 30 Workshop Morale.
    [5/24 6:57] [Admin] Turin has acquired [Tamed Velociraptor] from Merchant Prince Lockbox
    Exited workshop and came back in
    [5/24 6:59] [System Notify] Completed assignment "Blackiron Plate."
    [5/24 6:59] [System Notify] Completed assignment "Blackiron Plate."

Brisbane, Aus (GMT +10)

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    [deleted by poster]
    Comment re-submitted under a new subject as it affects current event (Siege)