test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [5/16]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter on PC will undergo scheduled maintenance tomorrow, May 16, from 6am to 9am PT. Patch Notes can be found here.

Comments

• cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    TY for putting this here!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    There is a line that says level scaling but nothing after that except to talk about demo which doesn't seem to be about scaling was the most important bit left out of these notes?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

There is a line that says level scaling but nothing after that except to talk about demo which doesn't seem to be about scaling was the most important bit left out of these notes?

This was one of the reasons why I just clicked LOL on the announcement post and on the actual preview patch notes. Maybe some of those things are somewhat due to level scaling but if that is all they did with Level Scaling that heading is very very misleading at best.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Will Tenebrous enchantment functionality be returned?
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Will I finally be able to claim my rewards on my main?
    Been weeks now and I cannot do dragons on my main because my claim rewards is borked.....

Can we at least get a reply as to if it is being worked on??
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    i care more about teneberous working properly than any of these other issues.
    total gameplay is being effected by this bug, not just a few maps.. all maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    This is more or less the level patch I expected. It is fine *as long as the patch works as expected*.

We need to remember Cryptic got a minimal staff on NW, so their ability to fix things is limited.

But that also means they cannot afford incidents where patches do not work properly or introduce new big bugs.

They need to do quality work, test properly and move on to next task.

This week we seem to get fixes to demo, CR, LoMM, the vampire girl companion gear drop, the ME gear drop tutorial quest.

As long as those work properly it will close a number of the hot issues. Cryptic are not done with fixing up the mod 16 disaster, but it should be a good step forward.

My list of open annoying issues:
    MSP endboss - need to fix tear/tentacle hp, need to reduce curse damage(curse damage currently assumes people got lifetaps and kills very fast, you should have time to wait for a stun)
    VT endboss - need to fix the runspeed of all mobs in boss room, but in particular the ghosts during the red stripes phase
    Tong - need to fix souls hp(not sure if this was fixed?)
    Tiamat - we want it back :) And in a completeable form
    Cradle - I think there were issues reported, but I have no personal experience there
    +1 crafted items used for quests - Cryptic promised a fix for this with mod 16

• blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Stronghold HE's

Interested in knowing from a reputable source if HE's are staying at their current level - aside from " * Attacks" the rest seem to have epic 80 enemies and take (imho) far to long to complete. It was mentioned in the Q&A stream that mobs / encounters use templates so I thought it would be an easy fix.

Many thanks
    Black
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I don't want to nit pick needlessly, but... Oh, I get it! Is it just to spite the guys calling for complete changelogs? Or why else would you omit "HP, instead of 10/20/30/40/50% Maximum HP." from the end of the log? ;) (compared to preview)
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Reading the patch notes I will say thanks for the fix to CR. However 3 weeks of the mod being out and alot of dungeons still fail to work as they meant to. Like fbi drufi fight where her share dmg mechanic is to hard and you have to die to win or like the msp last boss issue where tenticles has to much hp and the fires has to much hp and the fact the only way to get a win is to use a scroll of mass life or however tong where souls have to much hp cant kil fast enough causing a wipe.
    I normally dont post on patch notes but it would be nice to get some info on when dungeons will actually be in working order. From where I sit I feel that you guys could have taken care of these issues in a weeks worth of time. Yet another week passes by where advanced que is still broken.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I thought the game and the engine were redesigned from the ground up to avoid things breaking from little updates and changes.

Tell me then mr foss.. why did our teneberous enchantments stop working on the last update? And why are they not fixed yet?

@mimicking#6533
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Neverwinter on PC will undergo scheduled maintenance tomorrow, May 16, from 6am to 9am PT. Patch Notes can be found here.

Thank you for finally we can go there directly without the 2nd jump.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    So having removed lifesteal and substituted it with something nobody needs, you've now nerfed the ONLY aspect of the temple's boons that would make you want one into uselessness. Please @nitocris83 can we get an equivalent to the enchant exchanger that will enable us to swap the Temple for a useful boon building of the same level ?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I don't know if this has been reported or not but none of the potions/food items show up on the screen, this is annoying since you don't know if they are active or not, this has been like this since mod 16 went live..............thank you
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User

TY for the post

Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
    Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets