test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Error purchasing item from auction house (AD spending limit?!)

foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Ok, so first of all I did purchase zen via steam wallet, I expected the probation period and waited it out, and it cleared today so I was able to sell my zen for AD. BUT soon as I went to the AH with my purchased AD, I get this error "[Error] This item exceeds your account's maximum purchase price. Very valuable items and accounts with a max-level character are exempt from this restriction."

Seriously?! What's the deal with this? does it dynamically scale with my level what the limit is or what? And if so how high will I need to go to reach said price? Cause no way I'm waiting till level 80 to reap what I spent my money on to enjoy AS I level up, not after I went through the whole game! I'm only wanting to buy something for just over 340K AD which is peanuts compared to other stuff I've seen going for, this is NOT a reasonable limitation and very unhappy about this cause I spent my money for one specific thing on the market and I'm denied like this completely unexpected, especially after already having to wait almost a week to even sell my zen for AD!

I almost opened a ticket over this but I'll hear things out here first and see what my options are. This is just not proper customer treatment.

Comments

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I have never heard of such a thing before...seems kinda odd.
  • foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User

I have never heard of such a thing before...seems kinda odd.

Yeah, I even just did some further reading, looked around on the wiki, menu's etc, and I can find nothing about this, it truly is an out of the blue without prior notice restriction, that's what makes it further annoying, I had no clue another hoop to jump through was going to come up. I mean, I'm a patient guy, but I never thought my very first time trying to literally buy in this game would be sooo difficult >.<
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Hmm... What level are you and how far have you progressed into the game? It's probably one of those anti-you_know_who measures, but they normally clear out after reaching a particular point in the game (probably finishing blackdagger/reach level 30 or something). Raising a ticket might get the restriction removed but I not entirely certain.
    FrozenFire
  • foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Hmm... What level are you and how far have you progressed into the game? It's probably one of those anti-you_know_who measures, but they normally clear out after reaching a particular point in the game (probably finishing blackdagger/reach level 30 or something). Raising a ticket might get the restriction removed but I not entirely certain.

Greetings! I am level 43 on one char and like 42 on another currently. I'd say I'm progressed pretty well beyond those points! I got out of the new player chat restrictions and such quite a few days ago I believe. But yeah I might just fire a ticket to support tomorrow if I'm still unable to do anything or after reaching level 50. Oh well, after thinking things over I've kinda cooled over my frustration about this, still very annoyed but maybe I'll even just change my purchase plans, maybe I'll settle for medium Worgs instead of heavy Worg... I was able to get those at least but I DO have enough AD to buy the heavy.