test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Add 1 Month VIP W/O Rank to AD Store

quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
As the title reads, I would suggest adding a 1 Month VIP (without rank increase) to the AD store in-game. This may alleviate the ZAX backlog some since players who are comfortable with or maxed on their their VIP rank could just buy 1 month in game. Set the price to 750k to 800k or something, it would be a sort of ad sink as well.

I originally thought to add regular VIP to ad store, or allow VIP to be purchased from the Zen Store with AD say at 750k AD to reduce the backlog some, but I know the company does not want Zen Store items in the AD store and Tradebar stores. 1 month vip w/o rank isn't on the zen store, there is no conflict in that regard.

Just a suggestion. I think the biggest reason people get upset with the backlog, is because they want to reup on VIP, and if that takes longer than a month, well, you really need to have 2-3k worth of ZEN orders in the ZAX to maintain that in-game.

Comments

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Maybe numbers speak better, so here.

If a thousand players each have a posting for enough zen to purchase one month of VIP, that's 1,000 * 1,000, or 1,000,000 zen worth of orders in the backlog just for one month of VIP. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are far more than 1,000 players waiting on Zen for VIP, and I'm sure some of them are waiting on enough Zen to purchase more than one month of VIP.

Other games such have premium or vip available to purchase with in-game silver or whatever the in-game currency equivalent is to AD, I think it's a good idea and would actually help with the ZAX backlog some.

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Yeah, of course will not happen why would they when they would rather people be impatient and pay cash for VIP instead..... They have made a lot of moves to make things harder to get for free why are they going to suddenly make it easier?

Yeah, of course will not happen why would they when they would rather people be impatient and pay cash for VIP instead..... They have made a lot of moves to make things harder to get for free why are they going to suddenly make it easier?

I considered the same thing, but decided to be less cynical.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    obviously not going to happen. first, VIP is almost the only thing worth buying these days...this would hurt Zen sales too much.. second, it is in their interest to have a backlog, as it encourages people to spend cash.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

obviously not going to happen. first, VIP is almost the only thing worth buying these days...this would hurt Zen sales too much.. second, it is in their interest to have a backlog, as it encourages people to spend cash.

No offense, but you literally just said the same thing in different words that @kinamara#3934 said. While people generally have every reason to distrust Cryptic/PWE, I don't think being so negative all the time will help anything. Maybe there are people in the company who aren't so avaricious and can push the idea through, who knows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_(contemporary)