test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Expedition Runic Gameplay Update

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Trying to dry up the free AD supply, encouraging pay to win? Na, can't be

While I maintain that this latest move is a really inadvisable one that serves no constructive purpose, no, this is probably not the intent. 100k AD is a single player's daily RAD income...a drop in the bucket as far as the market is concerned. And they have to know that many players won't bother doing the restoration. If they really cared about us doing this, they'd probably have made the rewards much more appealing.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    rafaelda said:

Why My barbarian have a Enchanced Runic resonator if i nevere restored a piece of gear ? all i did was the quest for 5 etching of same kind, felt cheated after btw...

Is that a bug for older players or is that teh quest needed ?

Because some people in this thread are incorrect about their thoughts. The enhanced resonator is given once you complete the quest N°2 in tutorial of Sinye, which is buy one sphere of influence with 5 etchings. Its not given at the quest N°3 which is restore an apprentice piece of gear... No restoration needed. So yes to answer this question that is the quest needed to get rewards. Im getting mine.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 i think you mean "sphere of influence" quest, thats the one that give the resonator
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm guessing they're doing us a favour. Perhaps something to do with the watcher set maybe.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    eolee said:

rafaelda said:

Why My barbarian have a Enchanced Runic resonator if i nevere restored a piece of gear ? all i did was the quest for 5 etching of same kind, felt cheated after btw...

Is that a bug for older players or is that the quest needed ?

Because some people in this thread are incorrect about their thoughts. The enhanced resonator is given once you complete the quest N°2 in tutorial of Sinye, which is buy one sphere of influence with 5 etchings. Its not given at the quest N°3 which is restore an apprentice piece of gear... No restoration needed. So yes to answer this question that is the quest needed to get rewards. Im getting mine.
    Is not a reader fail is the post that is wrong on this case... but yes i believe the same thing as you
    arcanjo86 said:

@nitocris83 i think you mean "sphere of influence" quest, thats the one that give the resonator

Tks @arcanjo86 thats the quest i did i couldnt recall the name anymore...

So i believe the inital post here has the wrong quest named, making people much more sad than they would be if the knew whats is needed
    is not a good change in any aspect but is a much smaller grind...
    jonkoca said:

I'm guessing they're doing us a favour. Perhaps something to do with the watcher set maybe.

I agree on that, but would be much more produtive to allow people to know that they need that quest done to start the "hunt" and let them chose to do it or not...

I for example have no intent to seek this weapon set on my Ranger or Fighter that already have a Alabaster set, but want the weapons on my pally, would gladly do the quest for a chance on the weapon...

Now i'm being forced to do that quest on all toons i have runnig ME... just not fun ....

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    some players doesnt get until 6th day of running 3 ME

1st day
    2nd day
    3rd day
    4th day
    5th day
    6th day
    for 5th runes
    not everyone stick to shedule for each day, some had to do real life situations, could lead to 10 or more days to get 5th runes, and guess what? those guys got further behind while others were just done with master expeditions, some were fed up or dont want any more run since they got all the gears and both weapons and offhands to help others.
    some would "accused' of leeching because some dont have runes completed.

i still see flawed designs.

if i were to design a tutoring quest, i would cut eccessive runes to 3 basic runic and let players earn them from 3 runs in a day to advance, and redo the Domed heroic encounters for upgraded runic for 4-5 colors runic versions, so that mean everyone have them ready for next master expedition runs for better loot grades.
    rerunning master expeditions for single runic is a mistake and time consuming and it leads to burnouts.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User

Hey, do you guys want to make fix what's broken instead of breaking what's working fine?

THEY do not even know what works and what is broken (by them, or is it always WAI?)
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My wizard got a fifth offhand yesterday.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    logged in today it said the quest was out of date restarted it and only needed one chaotic rune to get it now got it in the chest first run
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User

Hey folks!

If you’re like me, you would’ve logged into the game today with the quest: “Sphere of Influence” incomplete.

The quest was updated today to grant an Enhanced Runic Resonator from Runemaster Sinyé, which is required for Master Expedition rewards granted by Resonance.

If you’ve been running your 3 Daily MEs, you most likely were using the old Runic Resonator which is silver colored instead of the gold, shiny new Resonator.

Image 1. Old Resonator.

Image 2. This is the Runic Resonator that you need in order to receive ME rewards now!

To get this new Resonator, you will need to purchase an Unstable Rune-Etched Orb from our friend.

Image 3. Runemaster Sinyé’s latest creation.

In order to get this Unstable Rune-Etched Orb, you will need to complete a Master Expedition and open the chest at the end. This can fit in perfectly with any 1 rune run group! After you complete the Master Expedition, you will receive a Rune Etching: Chaotic, which happens to look similar to a Rune Etching: Dark.

Image 4. Make sure you take this to the Runemaster!

After speaking to Runemaster Sinyé and purchasing the Unstable Rune-Etched Orb, you should be able to complete Sphere of Influence. Pick up the Rune-Etched Armor quest after, and you should be able to continue MEs as normal with the rewards that you should be expecting from Resonance.

Mikusquared
    Thank you for fixing the quest so we didn't have to waste 5 res's on it.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Hey folks!

If you’re like me, you would’ve logged into the game today with the quest: “Sphere of Influence” incomplete.

The quest was updated today to grant an Enhanced Runic Resonator from Runemaster Sinyé, which is required for Master Expedition rewards granted by Resonance.

If you’ve been running your 3 Daily MEs, you most likely were using the old Runic Resonator which is silver colored instead of the gold, shiny new Resonator.

Image 1. Old Resonator.

Image 2. This is the Runic Resonator that you need in order to receive ME rewards now!

To get this new Resonator, you will need to purchase an Unstable Rune-Etched Orb from our friend.

In order to get this Unstable Rune-Etched Orb, you will need to complete a Master Expedition and open the chest at the end. This can fit in perfectly with any 1 rune run group! After you complete the Master Expedition, you will receive a Rune Etching: Chaotic, which happens to look similar to a Rune Etching: Dark.

After speaking to Runemaster Sinyé and purchasing the Unstable Rune-Etched Orb, you should be able to complete Sphere of Influence. Pick up the Rune-Etched Armor quest after, and you should be able to continue MEs as normal with the rewards that you should be expecting from Resonance.

Mikusquared
    Now this makes sense tks for posting a clear description of the fix !
    ( i already had iit figured after runnig today but is much beter to explain to others)

if this have being placed from start this tread would be really smaller !
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    How are you getting any Alabaster items at all? I have been running 3xME's with runes every day since reaching 80 on my two main characters, which was just a few days after the Mod 16 patch, and I have not seen a single one.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

How are you getting any Alabaster items at all? I have been running 3xME's with runes every day since reaching 80 on my two main characters, which was just a few days after the Mod 16 patch, and I have not seen a single one.

Unfortunately, they're both rare and random. And you're unlucky.

I have 3 GF offhands, and no mainhands on any toon. Other people have multiple MH and OH on several toons.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    UNCLE UNCLE.... OK Cryptic, you win.. I give up!!
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

I have the off hand and Main for my CW... just got lucky. BUT... it has only been what.. 2 weeks since Mod 16 started? You guys cannot expect to get this stuff the moment you start doing ME's.. Back in the day, the big thing was the Eye of the Lathandler Artifact from Dread Ring. in one years time I got 4 of them, to this day my bother NEVER got even one... so there you have it.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I actually did the quest on my main, and it took 5 days to get the 5 pieces....

Maybe that's why I have 2 full sets of my Alabaster weapons. Of course, Zok hasn't given me anything worthwhile, as I hear about alliance members who have multiple artifacts from him.... :'(
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Hey folks!

Image 1. Old Resonator.

Mikusquared
    Worked perfectly two times on two chars. :-) Thanx!