test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Successor's Armor Feedback

vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
Thanks to @adinosii for mentioning this in another thread and unintentionally reminding me that I meant to say something here.

Normally I just quietly ignore suboptimal item bonuses, but this is really, really bad and needs to be called out.

*ahem* Why is the Successor's armor so universally bad?

- End-game equipment that provides conditional, temporary stat bonuses is a deal-breaker. E.g. 5% Crit on kill? What? Not only are almost all of these players already Crit-capped, this bonus doesn't even work in fights where there aren't sufficient minions to kill.

- The summoned critter from the arms piece is completely useless.

- Stacking defense bonus for the chest piece? Again, what? The devs play this game, too, so I have no idea why they think a stacking bonus for a stat with a hard cap is a good thing to have.

- Whatever the boots do, it was bad as well. I can't be bothered to go look before I finish writing this rant/feedback, but I remember distinctly that it was terrible.

It's okay and probably for the best that the team is moving away from flat damage % increases for most items, but these bonuses are garbage. I don't mean personal offense by being this blunt, but I think it's important not to sugar-coat this. It is not okay that the highest-tier armor in the game be so completely inferior both to older lvl 70 gear and to the junk we buy with Mountain seals.
Sacrilege - Warlock
Contagion - Cleric
Testament - Wizard
Pestilence - Ranger
Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Comments

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Maybe this is the way to "encourage" people to keep playing older content. :P
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    In MTG they have to keep inventing new mechanics and stuff so new sets remain interesting, otherwise you end up with, "well we've done every possible combination of stat increases, buffs, summoning, and damage type stuff possible, what do we do now?" which is what we have now in NWO. Basically, the developers and designers of the game need to really start getting their creative juice flowing, they need to either lay off the drugs, or start doing some and take a few trips.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > Actually, it is even inferior to some of the IL 950 pieces from MEs. I see zero reasons to chase the Successor armor, and that kind-of brings up the question of why to bother with LoMM in the first place.

Haven't been able to make myself run it yet, but the draw for some people are the coalesced magics needed to buy artifact equipment from the campaign store.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    eh...you get enough coalesced magics from MEs for that...so again, why run LoMM?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Feedback: add instead bonuses that could make us use dailiy powers more often.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

Or better question still:

Why would anyone starting a fresh toon, that gets to 70 like yesterday want to get to 22k IL just so they CAN run it. I have a lvl 80 pally on pc that has done the complete Undermountain campaign(only thin he has done, as he was created specifially to check out new mod, since there's now way to get out console toons over to preview), and I can't run LoMM cuz he's only 16k IL. If there's nothing worth doing in LoMM(other than saying I did it) why bother getting to 22k IL at all?

Yeah man, I pretty much stopped investing in my alts, got em some r8's, balanced their stats, and run old dungeons with them, since progression is dead, I never need to invest another penny in these toons xD