test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Choke Chain of the Companion being stolen from new players

fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
On the last quest of vanrakdoom where we kill the vampire lady for the Choke Chain, there seems to be a bug, where the choke chain is given to a random person in the party. If ur solo it doesnt matter. But if ur grouped up its random who gets the choke chain. This means that some players are standing in vanrakdoom at the entry place offering their help to new players coming though, to intensionally try and steal the choke chain.

This is a very good piece of pet gear, and no other way to get it. And players who doesnt know about the bug will most often say yes and enjoy some help.

I know a person it had happened too. And the guy helping said they had already gone though that quest several times himself.

Its a HAMSTER thing to do by players. But i hope u will fix this soon, and find a way to give everyone who lost their choke chain like this a way to get it back.

Comments

• maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I never received pearl ring on my main char.
    And lost choke chain on my HR.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Master expeditions need to drop comp gear imo, this 3 pieces of comp gear are simply too important when missing one or two, the hole start of the mod is somehow a negative experience missing a huge part of optimal stats that way
    I found 9 relics but no pearl ring from chest.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I never got pearl ring either. Gimme my pearl ring! Nao!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Upon further testing with what people have reported, I noticed that the drop goes to whoever the party lead is.

Personally, I think that the rewards being permanently missable from Expeditions/this quest (arguably if you discount the whole pickup/abandon thing) is pretty stupid, considering the gear is BtC.

Perhaps the gear could be buyable with Seals of the Mountain (the ones not from Lair of the Bugged Mage) and made BtA?

*pretty sure you need to find all 9 magic relics to get it*

The Pearl Ring is a guaranteed drop if you find all relics in the expedition to Terminus (the one done after Wyllowwood). The campaign expedition drops are fixed (junk ring, junk ring, Pearl Companion Ring, and junk ring).

Again. I collected 9 runs on all expeditions. And I did not receive this ring on 2 of 3 characters.
    I didnt find all 9 magics back then I guess but how should have I known? Such great companion gear to depend on something like that isnt really optimal solution. Those who didnt know that magics had to be maxed and that other companion gear of that level is not obtainable are punished for no reason...
    Is there any other source of comp gear with 5k+ stats other than Pearl ring and Choke Chain?

> @blur#5900 said:

> I didnt find all 9 magics back then I guess but how should have I known? Such great companion gear to depend on something like that isnt really optimal solution. Those who didnt know that magics had to be maxed and that other companion gear of that level is not obtainable are punished for no reason...

> Is there any other source of comp gear with 5k+ stats other than Pearl ring and Choke Chain?

the final quest to go to the 3rd floor room of yawning portal gives you the companion belt and it has 5k stats

I am long done with the campaign.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    While I didn't have the Choke Chain of the Companion stolen from me, I didn't get it after completing Vanrakdoom or the campaign, whenever you're supposed to get it. I leveled with a guildie, we did every quest and collected all 9 relics in every Expedition. I did get the Choke Chain on my Ranger, the first toon I leveled. But not on my Barbarian, the second toon I leveled. It's a bit ridiculous that if you go in a party only 1 person gets it and you never have a chance to get it again. Especially since the stats on it are extremely valuable stats: Combat Advantage and Accuracy. Players that either had it stolen by greedy players or were unaware that you need to solo to get it will be at a permanent disadvantage.

I submitted a ticket shortly after I noticed it wasn't in my inventory. I was told;

"Looking at your logs there is no evidence of the Choke Chain of the Companion. This means that you have not completed the required quest to receive it."

My campaign was completed more than 2 weeks ago and I've been able to collect daily Master Expedition quests. Not sure what logs they're looking at. I'd be happy to run the quest again just to get it, but its no longer available. Like I said above, bit ridiculous that you only get 1 shot at it and if you run with someone else its 50/50 you don't get it, lower odds with more people.

Hopefully the devs fix this problem and give those who were cheated in one way or another the chance to get it.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    In my opinion, they should add the new companion gear to the Seals vendor in Yawning Portal. Make them "unique" items like Portal Stones in River District or vanity pets in that you can only have 1 in your inventory. This way players who didn't receive it can easily grind for it while those who have it can't obtain multiples of it.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I can confirm. I always do quests with someone else and she had party lead. I was curious why I didn't get Choke Chain while the other person did.

I guess I will also file a bug report / contact support.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've spent some time in waning darness tonigh.

WARNING : the choke chain does NOT go to the party leader.

I'm pretty sure it goes to character who did the most damage instead.

I was helping another player complete the instance, I made sure he was the party leader but I got the chain anyway.

We had to do it several times and I had to let him kill the vampire boss alone in the end so he would actually get the chain.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I am going to repeat what I said elsewhere...the proper fix for this is to make the item a quest reward, instead of a drop that just goes to a single person.

Edit: Just saw in the notes for the next patch it says "The rewards originally given when Keresta is defeated in the Waning Darkness instance have been moved to the quest, Waning Darkness."
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...