test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alabaster Weapons

silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
Dev's could you please either make it so we can sell the artifact weapon's or put a trade vendor in so we can switch one weapon for another?
I only play one char mainly so I have no need for 2 off hands. I would like to switch it for main hand or to be able to see it or give it to a guildy that needs it.
stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
stealth is damage
stealth is mobility
stealth is everything
everything is stealth
Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    heard one players get 10 weapons and no off-hands.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    well... I've got none of them....
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Got another main on my wizard. Talisman still nowhere in sight.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    > @blag001 said:
    > well... I've got none of them....

Same.
    - bye bye -
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    currently alabaster set is bis, it shouldn't be handed out. That would lower the value if everyone has it. Keep running your me's it will come in time.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • klamor#6078 klamor Member Posts: 5 Arc User

currently alabaster set is bis, it shouldn't be handed out. That would lower the value if everyone has it. Keep running your me's it will come in time.

It should certainly be handed out when the set is essential in gearing for completion of Lair of the Mad Mage. You only get 3 opportunities to get a piece each day. I'm assuming the reports that it's tied to the Quest completion are accurate. Running 3 MEs on multiple characters only having seen 2 (Paladin shield, and Warlock pact blade) since launch is kind of HAMSTER.
  • tupperbabytupperbaby Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    nachodx22 said:

The Alabaster set is not like that. We NEED this set to be viable for the dungeon.

It is not essential to doing the dungeon.

• tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Pretty crappy way things are currently set up. Alabasters drop like a dirty HAMSTER, the trade bar set is not up, and the other set is hidden behind some enigma nobody can figure out/is bugged... Pretty redic...
  • klamor#6078 klamor Member Posts: 5 Arc User

nachodx22 said:

The Alabaster set is not like that. We NEED this set to be viable for the dungeon.

It's essential to be successful. Post a video of you and your group rolling through LOMM with your Ebonized weapons and without your Lv80 artifacts you didn't drop millions of AD or some Zen on obtaining. I'd be very interested in seeing it and observing your clearly superior tactics.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

nachodx22 said:

Agreed. It's NOT essential, but it make things easier ofc...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

nachodx22 said:

If a DPS toon is to carry their own weight, it is essential. Give me a break... Try running level 70 content with level 60 gear, it's the same difference. This applies even more so to players around the 18K mark, which is the recommended TIL for the dungeon. Although I am decked out with R13's and 14's, keep in mind that many players are not. The dungeon should be accessible to the recommended demographic. Expert modes, single death events, tales of old and other such events are for the decked out players.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
    item check on seal vendor, i see poor design, why? it easy to get burnout within 2 weeks, trying to get 4 pieces and 2 rings that takes 5 months, each run we earn 20 per run. that 60 a day for 2,400 seals for 1 item.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Wouldn't that be 6 pieces of armor? Assuming you will also be wanting the 980 ilevel undies.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

nachodx22 said:

It's essential to be successful. Post a video of you and your group rolling through LOMM with your Ebonized weapons and without your Lv80 artifacts you didn't drop millions of AD or some Zen on obtaining. I'd be very interested in seeing it and observing your clearly superior tactics.
    ... I've beaten it with a group running almost all L70 weapons. Exalted Primal, Exalted Masterwork, and the HR had an Alabaster offhand, and we did fine. Old artifacts, too.

It would have been a few minutes faster with Alabaster weapons just from the damage boost, but it certainly wasn't impossible with the old ones.
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    While my cleric received both of her alabaster weapons, my barbarian has yet to receive her main hand. She has gotten 3 more sword knots, and I have one in my inventory, marked as protected, to show it. Would it be possible to trade in that off-hand weapon for the main-hand? I have tried to run 3 ME's a day since she qualified to run it (approximately 70+ runs), yet no main-hand alabaster reward. It feels like my 'support' class was rewarded and my 'DPS' class punished.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    LoMM is the current end game dungeon, no need to complain you don't have the gear to beat it when its so knew. In time you will gear up enough, get lucky on some rng, and be able to complete it. If you ttake anything from this last post of mine on this thread, LoMM is end game it should take some time to be ready for it.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Welcome to the new Tyranny of Dragons... same as the old Tyranny of Dragons!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019

LoMM is the current end game dungeon, no need to complain you don't have the gear to beat it when its so knew. In time you will gear up enough, get lucky on some rng, and be able to complete it. If you ttake anything from this last post of mine on this thread, LoMM is end game it should take some time to be ready for it.

Well, by the time some of "us" finally get this bloody weapon set together, if we're mad enough to keep grinding for it, there won't be any point in using it, since there will be 5 new better weapon sets in the game.

The right way would have been to add the weapon set as a guaranteed additional reward to the daily ME quest chest after a certain amount of ME runs. And let's be honest here, the only reason why the weapon set is walled behind this kind of batshit crazy RNG HAMSTER is to push more players into buying the way overpriced Delver's Expedition Pack. And that's also why we have to wait two more weeks before that other (?) new weapon set will be in the Trade Bar store.

Not asking for getting the Alabaster weapon set handed to me on a silver platter for doing nothing, but for fudges sake after xy ME runs without any luck there should be a quest with this weapon set as complete reward waiting for us.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    alabaster Drama
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Finally I got my offhand yesterday after a lot of main hands lol the rng is really a pain in the HAMSTER, but it's how the devs made the game...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    ... did my daily ME runs today with my Fighter, 9 relics collected in each run, and after the usual Blackened Jaw MH/OH HAMSTER i got a Prized Longsword. Yay. :#

I'd really love to see the Devs run ME's for only a week each day on just one regular character with these crappy drop rates, and explain to us in their next stream how this mess is even remotely ok.

Dear Devs, please remove at the very least all the crappy rare drops below level 80 from the 9 relics reward chest, and think about adding one of the new artifact sets for each role (tank/healer/damage dealer) to them instead. TYVM.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    they need to remove blue/rare off the reward menu, plain and simple.
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    It should certainly be handed out when the set is essential in gearing for completion of Lair of the Mad Mage. You only get 3 opportunities to get a piece each day. I'm assuming the reports that it's tied to the Quest completion are accurate. Running 3 MEs on multiple characters only having seen 2 (Paladin shield, and Warlock pact blade) since launch is kind of HAMSTER.

It isn't essential for the completion of LoMM. I don't have my offhand yet and have completed it. I'm not even running the main since I don't have the set bonus for it.

• kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User

Exactly! The first thing I did on my main was take the 100% upgrade chance on all my mount insignia after a slight rework of the types/bonus. That in itself was a massive boost to my stats and DPS.