test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ok so my feedback on paladin

welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello everyone so just fo the record this is not a blaming the devs post it is my own opion on tanking now.
So I hve found tanking a nightmare I keep losing aggro very quickly and u may say we hve enough threat skills and u r correct but here is the problem:-
1) vow of enmity is a 18 sec cooldown and that is too long man just too long
2) sacred weapon is a stupid 27 sec cooldown again this is so scary u just cant use it for aggro
3) TW is our best threat skill because it is only 5 sec cooldown but here is the crappy part it cost 300 DIVINTY that is imo stupid. Because if we use TW we cant use tab skill because of the cost of divinity for TW

So as u can see since the new update tanking for a pally is now very difficult it is not to say we cant do it but the tools we require r not available because eof either long CD or cost of divinity.

I welcome advice form other pallies on ways to combat these problems.

Again I want to state I am not blaming anyone this is my take of the state of pallies
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Ehm.. my shield does not regenerate, and that's my biggest concern. I can spam dailies in a row due to bugged AP gain, but my tank can't shield for about 95% of the time. Maybe I broke my shield somewhere? Once it dropped on the floor in PE, can't tell. Beside that I aggro with the huge bugged AP dealing far to much damage for a tank. And I can't use core functions like tab/shift... No stamina.
  • shocke89shocke89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Hello everyone so just fo the record this is not a blaming the devs post it is my own opion on tanking now.
    So I hve found tanking a nightmare I keep losing aggro very quickly and u may say we hve enough threat skills and u r correct but here is the problem:-
    1) vow of enmity is a 18 sec cooldown and that is too long man just too long
    2) sacred weapon is a stupid 27 sec cooldown again this is so scary u just cant use it for aggro
    3) TW is our best threat skill because it is only 5 sec cooldown but here is the crappy part it cost 300 DIVINTY that is imo stupid. Because if we use TW we cant use tab skill because of the cost of divinity for TW

So as u can see since the new update tanking for a pally is now very difficult it is not to say we cant do it but the tools we require r not available because eof either long CD or cost of divinity.

I welcome advice form other pallies on ways to combat these problems.

Again I want to state I am not blaming anyone this is my take of the state of pallies

first of all make sure you got all HP companion bones setup should be 5 decent companions , energon, skeleton dog, moonshae druid, zhentham warlock and iron golem should max out HP best as possible, and work on upgrading insignias of prosperity this should increase HP more
    For one... you should not need all the best companions and mounts and enchants just to beable to do your role...which is what alot of folks are mad about,... the devs are specifically making the game pay to win by making you spend money on zen so you can gear your toon. I started a month ago... I have tops rank 8 enchants...I can not tank lotmm because my IL is too low...mind you i spent money on zen just for a epic mount so i could level faster... I've tanked in many mmo's... was main tank for a wow guild during BC and wrath and cata.... I know how to do threat in many games... main tanked in swtor for a bit so I have situational awareness. The tools we need is a good taunt... a good aoe threat that is not locked behind a resource tied to a major part of our defense. yes the OP was not balanced before mod 16 but what they gave us is really restricted...to the point that I won't run randoms because one they are the slowest class movement wise.. two they are the most restricted tank class atm... three the game is very unfriendly to new players when it comes to catching up with others.. aka no chance of holding threat against a player who has all the best chants and comps. Yes i'm a in a guild but no I'm not being a leech on the guild... Because I like to earn what I get... so yes I agree with the OP.. there needs to be some tweaking to the class. But please don't add the shielding mechanics anymore... make a tank actually be a tank and not a healer with armor.
  • drigon#5157 drigon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Agree
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The Dev's have stated that radiant damage is magic damage and get the bonus from high Int.

Some of the problems with the Justicar paragon path is the lack of a useful tab mechanic and really lame feats.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    kharkov58 said:

Some of the problems with the Justicar paragon path is the lack of a useful tab mechanic and really lame feats.

OP Tab mechanic is one of the most powerfull tools in the game. 75% dmg reduction (without consuming stamina) and control immunity for a long time is just absurd. Auras x2 are good also. The only thing that makes us feel like M15 paladins.

Im not saying OPs are in a good position. Just saying that Tab mechanic is stupidly strong. That doesnt compensate other design flaws like feats or or some powers.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

kharkov58 said:

The Dev's have stated that radiant damage is magic damage and get the bonus from high Int.

Thanks for information. I never know that before. Could you please put link to the statement? I want to learn more of radiant damage.

However, in my opinion, high INT will not be helpful in tanking for Justicar Paladin. High INT may be useful for Oathkeeper Paladin to spam radiant damage from mid range.
    Its no more or less useful to an oathkeeper than it is to a justicar. Our damage is under magical (radiant) and not physical damage. It was mentioned in the preview feedback so I'll have to find the link to where it was spelled out.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • budushiebudushie Member Posts: 11 Arc User

kharkov58 said:

OP Tab mechanic is one of the most powerfull tools in the game. 75% dmg reduction (without consuming stamina) and control immunity for a long time is just absurd. Auras x2 are good also. The only thing that makes us feel like M15 paladins.

Im not saying OPs are in a good position. Just saying that Tab mechanic is stupidly strong. That doesnt compensate other design flaws like feats or or some powers.
    mmm the tab def uses stamina when it blocks not sure how you think it doesnt

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    budushie said:

mmm the tab def uses stamina when it blocks not sure how you think it doesnt

Yes but the reality is that with 75% dmg reduction you take so low dmg that it is compensated with your stamina regeneration, and your attacks, because you are active using your powers instead of blocking, powers that give you stamina.

In practice, I can deplete the divinity bar after a long time taking all the dmg, and then I have the full stamina to block the remaining attacks, assuming your team didnt kill everything in that long time. When you deplete your stamina blocking, you have again mid bar of divinity to use the god mode again. Repeat.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • dabigdawgnd67dabigdawgnd67 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    have to admit I am greatly disappointed what the devs did to the paladin ... I have a paladin I have played for 3 years and now it's completely useless .. I am working on using a dwarf barbarian and he is more productive as a tank ... thanks devs for getting rid of one of the best tanking classes you HAD
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User

have to admit I am greatly disappointed what the devs did to the paladin ... I have a paladin I have played for 3 years and now it's completely useless .. I am working on using a dwarf barbarian and he is more productive as a tank ... thanks devs for getting rid of one of the best tanking classes you HAD

Yep. I made mine, before all this silliness, to use those abilities that gives temporary HP and so on, and was a GOOD tanker.

Now.....I fall victim to CRABS.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Also, is Templar's wrath and Binding Oath still around? o.o
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Yes but they work different than before.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac