test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Essence of ...

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)

So, there are several of those "Essence" objects Despair/Longing/etc, which seem related to what you need to refine the successor items, but you are supposed to open/use them somewhere special. Has someone figured out where ?
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Got my first tonight, no idea what to do with it.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    it will be consumed on the restoration process, now it just take space in inventory...
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Its probably explained (and available to upgrade into the actual reagent) after we restore a piece of gear for the lady in Yawning Portal; something likely no one has done because restored ME gear is so subpar.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I have restored a piece, drop an essence, drop the corresponding piece of gear to restore but no quest, no clue what to do.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They're trolling the NW forum trolls. Just read the description under that assumption and it's spot on... :)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The se

been doing expeditions for 2 weeks now? since day 1 anyway......just got one of those from the chest at the end......the thing is I haven't "obtained a rune-etched orb" from runemaster sinyhe. I deliberately did not do that quest because i do not want all that useless gear dropping for me everywhere.....so, why O why am i recieving this essence of despair?????

Uh...I don't understand. The essence of despair has nothing to do with the restoration of the IL 650 gear. The restoration of the Successor gear is a separate thing.

It was just turned on, I guess. Just like I expect that the Runed Beasts will be turned on and start appearing next week (or after that) - it look like an attempt to introduce non-obvious time-gating.
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    lol they know they need to put out the fires they already have before they start any new ones so i'm guessing this stuff will get unlocked as time goes
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Where are they dropping? just chests in ME? or elsewhere?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It's to restore the armor from LoMM from 990 to 1010.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

can you confirm this or is this mere speculation?
    It's a confirmation.
    arazith07 said:

No. That restoration process requires, eh, "Awakened" (or was it "Activated") essences ? As those correspond to those you get from the chest, the assumption is that using/opening them somehow will (possibly) "Awaken" them.

The question is just how/where.

• pirateking70pirateking70 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Essences are part of the easter egg to get Watcher weapons, must be consumed to lure out monsters for you to slay in certain areas in undermountain. Information is limited ATM as it has been developed at an Easter egg.
    Check forum posts on watcher weapons for more info.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Essences are part of the easter egg to get Watcher weapons, must be consumed to lure out monsters for you to slay in certain areas in undermountain. Information is limited ATM as it has been developed at an Easter egg.

No. Essences are part of the LoMM item restoration. Yesterday I received an item from the final chest of LoMM (dont remember exactly the IL, something like 990 IL) and when I was right-clicking on it to convert to refinement, I saw the "restore" option. And there was the essence as requeriment.

I didnt notice this other days because usually restorable items arent usable until you restore them but this is not the case
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    Interestingly the names of these seem to correspond to the stages of the Vanrakdoom quest.

Perhaps there is something to that?
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I think the essence of longing says something about thirst. And in the first areas of lomm theres an alcove with 3 water fountains on the walls.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I think the essence of longing says something about thirst. And in the first areas of lomm theres an alcove with 3 water fountains on the walls.

They all say that.

"An overwhelming thirst to fight consumes you. Perhaps there is a place you can quench this desire."
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
    edited May 2019
    Tried checking in that alcove now that I have them and nada, not in the pools to either side as well.

Also tried in Arcturia’s pool.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Quench is also something that happens in a forge, any kinda forge-y places knocking about..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Terminus campaign area has a mining/forge/factory theme
  • krsbawskrsbaws Member Posts: 28 Arc User

No. Essences are part of the LoMM item restoration. Yesterday I received an item from the final chest of LoMM (dont remember exactly the IL, something like 990 IL) and when I was right-clicking on it to convert to refinement, I saw the "restore" option. And there was the essence as requeriment.

I didnt notice this other days because usually restorable items arent usable until you restore them but this is not the case
    There is just too little information or cryptic clues as to how to awaken these essences AND the Watcher set. In my opinion, it would be folly to rule out a connection between awakening the essences and the watcher set.

The blog tease for the watcher set, mentions summoning powerful monsters to fight, the essences say about quenching a desire to fight...to me it would seem that these are linked
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    krsbaws said:

There is just too little information or cryptic clues as to how to awaken these essences AND the Watcher set. In my opinion, it would be folly to rule out a connection between awakening the essences and the watcher set.

The blog tease for the watcher set, mentions summoning powerful monsters to fight, the essences say about quenching a desire to fight...to me it would seem that these are linked

It can be that they are linked. You can "use" essences, they implemented this option, so we only have to know WHERE to use. Maybe you awaken the essence and lure the monster that we are searching. I try to use the essences in various places but still no success.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Aggression!