test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FIXED - Cleric Powers not Activating - AoE Encounters

maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
In-Game Bug Ticket #4,859,818

One of my clerics suddenly cannot use any power that drops a circle down - Daunting Light, Bastion of Health for example - the little targeting reticule disappears when the power is activated (Q,E, and R keys) but the golden circle does not show up. If I activate it then hit the Alt key you can see the golden placement circle if the mouse is stationary. Cannot screen shot as it disappears if any key is pressed including the print screen key. Checked my other cleric and her powers work just fine. Haven't played this cleric since before the latest patch (yesterday?).

ADDED: This cleric has the Heroic Encounter Bug and the one that still works correctly does not.

UPDATE: 5/17/19 Noticed that the zoom in/out function wasn't working either today so I went to another toon and clicked on the gear on the left top of the chat box to bring up the "Chat Configuration ……. " box, then chose "Chat Options" button at the bottom. I then chose "Save UI" and exited character. Went to my cleric did the same steps and chose "Load UI" instead of "Save UI". Fixed the problem. AoE Encounter targeting working and zooming in and out works.
Post edited by maicakat on

Comments

• maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User

do you have a weapon equipped? it may have reset your loadout and unequipped it or something. also maybe try changing the targeting in general options from on release to on second press and see if that helps

I made sure all items were applied to all loadouts (I only use one). Just went back in game and unequipped then re-equipped then reapplied to loadout. No change. Had targeting set to second press - reset to on release - no change. Appreciate the help though. :)

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sounds like they didn't even fix the old issue with ground targeted powers. Try resetting your keybinds under options. It doesn't matter if you haven't changed the keys previously, something in a game file gets corrupted and the fix is to reset it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Sounds like they didn't even fix the old issue with ground targeted powers. Try resetting your keybinds under options. It doesn't matter if you haven't changed the keys previously, something in a game file gets corrupted and the fix is to reset it.

Reset did nothing :( . I removed all gear, all comp gear/runes, and all mount insignias. Even swapped out main hand weapon - no changes at all.

The only difference is that this cleric has the Heroic Encounters bug and the other doesn't.

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    check the option menu for the the tab that has "do you want assist on the use of your power" something name like this, reset to defaults and make change like you want them to behave maybe it fixes the problem i had something similar to that on my cleric.
    arcanjo86 said:

check the option menu for the the tab that has "do you want assist on the use of your power" something name like this, reset to defaults and make change like you want them to behave maybe it fixes the problem i had something similar to that on my cleric.

The targeting assist option was off so I turned it on (nothing), and turned it back off (still nothing). No change, but thanks for the suggestion.

• arachnicidusarachnicidus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same thing started happening to my ranger yesterday. AoE encounter powers just stopped working. The regular cursor toggles off and back on, but no targeting circle appears and no effect happens. I'll have to check now and see if I acquired the heroic encounter bug.

Same thing started happening to my ranger yesterday. AoE encounter powers just stopped working. The regular cursor toggles off and back on, but no targeting circle appears and no effect happens. I'll have to check now and see if I acquired the heroic encounter bug.

Were you able to see if the Heroic Encounter bug was a factor?
    UPDATE: 5/17/19 Noticed that the zoom in/out function wasn't working either today so I went to another toon and clicked on the gear on the left top of the chat box to bring up the "Chat Configuration ……. " box, then chose "Chat Options" button at the bottom. I then chose "Save UI" and exited character. Went to my cleric did the same steps and chose "Load UI" instead of "Save UI". Fixed the problem. AoE Encounter targeting working and zooming in and out works.