test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.28

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11161363

Comments

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Barovia's instances.. Do they mean the daily quests and such or the HEs? Haven't been in barovia for quite some time ( Console player ). Either way, one step closer to needless scaling elimination. They should just retrack this 'item level scaling' HAMSTER that isn't working anywhere and stick he level based one that was mod 15 and before.

You do know the reasoning for it was already given..... and that is because the AI campaign was a special type campaign so the barovia campaign is the "2nd" unscaled one since they said the 2 most recent will not be scaled. So no this is in no way a step to the elimination of scaling, just them trying to show ppl see progression still matters.... But yeah, last patch killed 2 of the most popular dungeons wonder what kind of unintended consequences this one will bring. When I fisrt saw there is a patch tomorrow I was thinking oh hey I am surprised they already think they have tiamat and demo fixed but nope.....
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Hopefully we'll have another patch on Thursday with more value.

If they are doing two patches a week now to faster give us fixes, that is good.
  • pluyto3#1455 pluyto3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's been 3 weeks now. Still the encounter bug not fixed please fix it. I can't get a encounter bonus reward..zzzz
  • serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    adinosii said:

what the heck, such weak patch notes, please fix mad mage already with these mimics for crying out loud

While I agree that the patch notes are "weak" (no fundamental problems addressed, and all the broken content remains broken), there is nothing that desperately needs fixing with those mimics. They could be tuned a bit (like adding one extra second between their spawns or slowing their movement by 20% or so, just to make the difficulty of the fight more in line with the rest of the dungeon, but in general, LoMM is in a better state than much of the older content right now.</blo

really?
    all party need to regol every time at first and at second boss because all have half statistics. this is not a bug?
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    Thanks for the quick extra patch. Hopefully the usual Thursday patch will be much larger and this was just something y'all thought needed an early push.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Lol nothing for now, long as we have a major patch on thursday, i cant complain as i wasn't even expecting any patches today.
    Post edited by lardeson on
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    adinosii said:

what the heck, such weak patch notes, please fix mad mage already with these mimics for crying out loud

While I agree that the patch notes are "weak" (no fundamental problems addressed, and all the broken content remains broken), there is nothing that desperately needs fixing with those mimics. They could be tuned a bit (like adding one extra second between their spawns or slowing their movement by 20% or so, just to make the difficulty of the fight more in line with the rest of the dungeon, but in general, LoMM is in a better state than much of the older content right now.
    i go with this. its the only new dungeon we have and you guys already want it super easy? then what would be the point of trying to fine-tune your character if you just want to hit 80 and be able to do LOMM already? this fight is already easy enough if your groups knows what they doing, you can beat it without allowing a single mimic through and yes you dont need a bunch of 24k+ im merely talking about a group of 22k here. The better ur character gets, the easier this fight becomes, it makes all the sense to me, now as to bugs such as;

- not being able to hit mimics sometimes or lag making the fight impossible. Yes those need addressing.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

all party need to regol every time at first and at second boss because all have half statistics. this is not a bug?

Of course it's a bug, but there is a simple workaround for it, so it's not really game-breaking, just a minor annoyance. Fixing this can wait until they fix the stuff in the "showstopper" category (that never should have been broken or allowed to go live in the first place.

Hoping for improvements...
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    These patch notes are disappointing.

Still, at least four dungeons in Random Intermediate Queue (RIQ) are broken to the extent, that they are only barely completable with a full premade party of bis players with 21k+ IL and intimate knowledge of the mechanics of the instance and classes. Similarly broken dungeons exist in RAQ and REQ, as other players already reported in this thread. My focus for this feedback is on RIQ. These are the dungeons played by most (new and old players) for their daily AD.

Malabogs Castle (MC): BADLY BROKEN,
    FAR MORE BROKEN THAN nDemo, which was recently removed due to rather "minor" issues *compared* to the broken mess of MC

Valindra's Tower (VT): BADLY BROKEN (ghosts at last boss much to fast, reported 10+ times),
    FAR MORE BROKEN THAN nDemo, which was recently removed due to rather "minor" issues *compared* to the broken mess of VT end boss fight

Kessel's Retreat (KR): BADLY BROKEN (beholders one-shot all players, unless 21k+ IL will heavy investment in Hitpoints, reported 5+ times)
    FAR MORE BROKEN THAN nDemo, which was recently removed due to rather "minor" issues *compared* to the broken mess of KR endboss fight

ManyCoins Skirmish: BADLY BROKEN (far too much damage, in particular because this is a skirmish with no guaranteed tank or healer, furthermore, the mechanics require the group to split up, which is not possible if - under the new meta - you need a tank AND a healer AND 2-3 dps in any group now to - barely survive; the top level premade groups with 20k+ IL might be barely be able to complete it at bronze level, just before the time runs out. Its hopeless for any random group, reported 10+ times)
    FAR MORE BROKEN THAN nDemo, which was recently removed due to rather "minor" issues *compared* to the broken mess of this skirmish and its "splitting up" mechanics.
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    ndemo and tiamat :(
  • shafuqshafuq Member Posts: 15 Arc User

It's been 3 weeks now. Still the encounter bug not fixed please fix it. I can't get a encounter bonus reward..zzzz

+111111111111111111111111111111
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    I think only the Zen shop works well. Everything else more or less does not work properly.
  • oqupo#0811 oqupo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Of course it's a bug, but there is a simple workaround for it, so it's not really game-breaking, just a minor annoyance. Fixing this can wait until they fix the stuff in the "showstopper" category (that never should have been broken or allowed to go live in the first place.

There is no need to relog. In fact, in pug groups that wanted or did relog I barely finished LoMM. It is a scaled fight and Arcturia does immens damage, so you need to be good on your feets. But you don't have to hammer on her hard, just drain down her hp to the next mimics phase. As we now just have at most 50% crit and accuracy/deflection, you might not have luck with daily and 1-3 encouter you can do in that time, but as better you get as lesser you depend on that luck. As faster as you destroy the chests, as sooner it ends. Good groups only have to kill 1 chest in each corner before arcturia is back in fight. It's not a matter of stats if you fail or not, it's just your rotation and fight strategy that makes the difference.
  • sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Thank you for working on the latency issues. These are most annoying.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Thank you for working on the latency issues. These are most annoying.

So now we can not lag in uncompletable CR, bugged Valindra, bugged Kessel, bugged Tong, bugged FBI, bugged MSP, and been scaled down in the level 80 dungeon LOMM.

Disclaimer: bugged is not equal to uncompletable.
  • blastofpsychoblastofpsycho Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    undermountain is here:
    the following weeks
    scaling been disabled
    scaling been disablad
    who is this is
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    GJ runes on ME give nothing now....Again ninja patch...
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Still no fix for the HE rewards is very disappointing, missed out on the last AD event because I couldn't claim the currency from campaigns that were included in the event, but rewards couldn't be claimed. My main is now parked not because the game is unplayable, but because I can't get paid for the stuff I'm doing that is required to progress. Closing my ticket because there's no point in logging in every day and updating it with "Nope, still broken" makes very little sense to me, so how about some serious attention to whatever's broken there?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    lardeson said:

adinosii said:

While I agree that the patch notes are "weak" (no fundamental problems addressed, and all the broken content remains broken), there is nothing that desperately needs fixing with those mimics. They could be tuned a bit (like adding one extra second between their spawns or slowing their movement by 20% or so, just to make the difficulty of the fight more in line with the rest of the dungeon, but in general, LoMM is in a better state than much of the older content right now.
    i go with this. its the only new dungeon we have and you guys already want it super easy? then what would be the point of trying to fine-tune your character if you just want to hit 80 and be able to do LOMM already? this fight is already easy enough if your groups knows what they doing, you can beat it without allowing a single mimic through and yes you dont need a bunch of 24k+ im merely talking about a group of 22k here. The better ur character gets, the easier this fight becomes, it makes all the sense to me, now as to bugs such as;

- not being able to hit mimics sometimes or lag making the fight impossible. Yes those need addressing.
    Well honestly the things should be possible with any mix of 1 healer, 1 tank and 3 dps all at 20k IL since that is the min they set.... So they should either make that possible or set the min to what is actually needed instead of misleading people. Either way works.
  • ironweb#6588 ironweb Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Yep same here. We ran 3 ME rune runs in a group earlier, and only got the etched rune each time from the last chest. No rewards from using runes. I would say 1 step forward and 2 steps back, except there hasn't been any forward steps as of late. Nice job.

Yep same here. We ran 3 ME rune runs in a group earlier, and only got the etched rune each time from the last chest. No rewards from using runes. I would say 1 step forward and 2 steps back, except there hasn't been any forward steps as of late. Nice job.
    well from basically every patch since mod 16 first went live....I would say this is pry working as intended.