test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain companion item exploit or is it allowed?

Yo, i heard that ppl are doing undermountain companion with alt and getting that companion neck with offense atributes and offense slots to their main char, is it allowed?
They are using three necks, can i do it ?
why am i still wasting time here if devlopers do not answers our questions and dot not care about what we ask? no sense....

Comments

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Yo, i heard that ppl are doing undermountain companion with alt and getting that companion neck with offense atributes and offense slots to their main char, is it allowed?

Game is down right now so i can't check but i am sure the companion gear you get from the campaign is bound to Character. The other gear you can get on alts and move to main and if the gear is bound to account you are allowed to move it also
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

mynaam said:

Game is down right now so i can't check but i am sure the companion gear you get from the campaign is bound to Character. The other gear you can get on alts and move to main and if the gear is bound to account you are allowed to move it also

Is not, i have one friend, he did it, if you you kill that vampire girl even if you are just helping to finish his quest you got the item. They are doing it with alts.
    Not quite. Only one item drops, and it goes to whoever is the party leader. If you end up getting a second item you stole it from the player you were "helping."
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I don't know why they keep on allowing that to happen. This is not the first campaign has this issue. Fortunately, I always try to solo to avoid this problem accidentally or intentionally.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I would like an answer,if this is punishable, too.

I ran the whole campaign solo with my main CW and then my OP joined a friends SW and we did the whole campaign together. I have helped at least 2 other friends with the instance in question with my CW. My CW has two necklaces and my OP has zero.

And i most certainly did not try to take advantage or steal anything from anyone.

I thought, up to now, that the necklace was a drop from the ME (the rewards you get from the actual quests, are so underwhelming for me, that i only noticed the loot, when the drop was green=artifact). So i thought my OP just was unlucky. And it took me a very long time to actually work on my stats (except ArPen), because i have not really run anything besides MEs for the whole module.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

mynaam said:

Is not, i have one friend, he did it, if you you kill that vampire girl even if you are just helping to finish his quest you got the item. They are doing it with alts.
    Not quite. Only one item drops, and it goes to whoever is the party leader. If you end up getting a second item you stole it from the player you were "helping."
    yeah but you can do with one alt as i said, so if i do this i'm subject to get ban ?
    I don't know. Some people are doing this by accident. They are only trying to help new/lower geared players, and it was done out of ignorance. There is another thread on this topic, that shows that there are some players that are doing it on purpose. That is, technically, a violation of TOS. In the end it is the Devs that will make the decision. @Nitocris should be able to bring the situation to the right person to start getting it fixed.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Accidentally stumbled on this thread and how good i did. I was leveling up my 2nd toon a few days ago and for the 2nd time i was having the issue others described here.

First, i just thought, many people might have issues with the vampire girl. It was kinda odd as i recall, all of them came along with somewhat under geared toons and being a helpful person i let them grab me for a party.

Only now i see that it wasn't just people asking for help, they had a hidden agenda.

@nitocris83 Could you please ask the Devs to either put the missing items into our inventory or let us re-run the quest so we have a chance to get that viable piece of gear. Please help us people who got victimized here.

Thank you!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I doubt any action would be taken against players since it is very likely people are ignorant about this. I'm surprised the gear is not given for finishing the quest itself. What is to keep people from farming the piece themselves by killing the vampire and leaving the instance to start over?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This is not working as intended, but not considered to be an "exploit".
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'd consider this a social exploit - less than honorable folks preying in the uninformed. Happens in all games to one degree or another. Sad, but some people have no scruples.
    I aim to misbehave
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

mynaam said:

yeah but you can do with one alt as i said, so if i do this i'm subject to get ban ?
    You can do whatever you want with gear on your toons, but my comp gear that dropped is BtC. I do not know if it is BtA when it drops then goes BtC when you equip. Farming gear on alts is normal. A lot of people will run alts through dungeons, then buy gear from the seal store to send to another character
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

So can we have a dev answer about this ?
    Will they let it like this ?
    Will they allow us to get it form elsewhere ?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    A proper fix would be to have critical items like this as quest rewards, not drops that can only be claimed by a single person.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    if you talking about the choker companion gear drop from vampire boss fight it is bound to character and it drops to only one player(the drop to one player are allowing players to exploit this bug and ruining other player rewards.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Preview patch notes say it is being moved to a quest reward.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The Preview patch notes say it is being moved to a quest reward.

its for todays path ty @nitocris83 @kreatyve
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Ok so what about those who have 3 items of each ?
    And what about those who have 0 items of each ?

Is it what you call fair ?
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Its not an exploit , i went to waning darkness quest with my wife , both of us has that companion neck.
    The quest owner will not lose the drop, but its RNG.
    My ALT went alone and did not get the item upon killing that vampire and completing the quest
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

thx for clarifying