test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on crafting

bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
I got to ask am I the only one that sees the new system a step in the right way but still so broken? As a point I will give what I have found to still be broke and anyone that wants to add tell me. If you want to counter any points you can just read the points first as I am getting sick of seeing people try to counter useing points I myself have brought up because they did not read it.

1. Ok I am fine with the "paid on commission" but why do we pay for failure? If we are looking at this like how this is done in real (yes real is what this is going for) commission pay goes off when you make a sale or deliver the product. And like most jobs you destroy something you have to pay for it. But somehow we not only are ok with them destroying valuable resources but we are rewarding failure? I would be find the stuff getting destroyed and lost but paying them for failure to is too far. It should be they fail and get noting or a fail all ways returns 100% resource but we lose gold. Not both.

2. Why does masterwork still need to be overly complicated? Look I get masterwork gear being complicated but why do I need masterwork from 3 different professions to make 1 ingot or insert random resource here? And yes I know now you are allowed to work on all the quests at once now but with how many what all is needed and how long it takes not only is my minimap covered but my journal is getting full. And it is so hard to keep track of what needs what I am in and out of my journal 5-6 times just to set up the next set of stuff needed.

3. Ok I love the new +1 system but let me paint you a picture. the masterwork guy wants 12 adamant blooms. You are crafting because you got around 300 sand and you have used 90% of that sand but you now have 12. So you go to him and he still wants 12. You look and see that out of the 12 8 of them are a +1 but he does not want +1s only the normal ones. So now you have to get more sand use a worse tool and hope you not only make a bloom but it fails to make a +1. That is in the game now. You have 2 chances to fail at making a bloom he wants for the quest with all ready low chances. The +1s should really count in this as well. In fact I would not have stopped and thought about number 2 if not for the fact I had to deal with this. So now that I do have the 12 blooms I need to make the bars (and more blooms) so I need to level another one to master to hope I don't get a +1 and it completes of this super rare resource so I can do the same with another to put the two together to hope it works but fails a +1 of this even rarer resource. This is too much. The +1 should be rewarding not punishing. Or at the very least not detrimental.

4. Why are all crates not "makeable" ok great we can send them out to find a gem crate or make a gold crate but you mean to tell me there is no way a level 70 purple with a legendary crossbow can go out an get me crates of stuff for the dragon or any of the other stuff needed to upgrade our guild? And why do we need magic gold? To get gold crates you have to make/farm at least 7 items before you can craft the crate 1 time. Why can't I send out the aforementioned purple adventurer to go out and get normal gold because we can put normal gold into it.

5. Ok this one is more of a small annoyance and I understand we don't need to make a profit on everything but the guy said we would be rich and there is only like maybe 2 ways to make ok money using the system. But I have an easy fix that will not brake anything. The old system had a leadership task that you could go out on and make money from. All you need to do is take those don't add a cost (as the adventurer will make his own money doing it) and depending on the rank of the mission you get x number of coins but if it completes as a +1 you get x2 the money. But if it fails you lose the money you would have gained as a normal complete as a form of paying off your guy's medical bills bringing a risk reward to it.
✋☞ ✡⚐
Tagged:

Comments

• chinesegrowchinesegrow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If they didnt take gold on just starting tasks that would open the door to miracle worker skill becoming an exploit. Feel you on the crates tho and quest givers should definitely take +1 items for completion.
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I take it you are talking about my last point? did you read till the end where I said "if it fails you lose gold" or are you trying to give a counter point to it? if so I think I see your point. Hm...what do you think should change in it?

Or are you talking about the paying them for failure? If so granted but the idea they can screw it up you lose everything and they are still paid is over kill.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    My advice for the adamant blooms, etc., if you belong to a somewhat high level alliance, and they call in the vendors fairly often, just farm guild marks and get the blooms that way. With the guild marks and correct number of ingredients you are guaranteed the regular (not +1) result. The only drawback is you can't buy them on a toon that doesn't have the recipes unlocked, so you're stuck farming guild marks on the toon that's doing the professions, but it saves you a lot of hassle.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Until Blacksmiths can make Iron Nails, it will remain broken.

I think they got the whole thing backwards when they set it up.
    I think they spent so much time coming up with the system they forgot to spend time working on the rationale, and game world texture that a concept such as Running a Workshop could offer.

You have these Master Artisans hanging around the workshop doing sod all unless you want something specific for yourself, at which point they get off their HAMSTER and make something. This is ridiculous, and made more ridiculous by the fact that you have a specific quest to go and fetch them more booze because they are so bored at having nothing to do they are sitting round the workshop getting drunk all day.

It should have been set up so they are always working, making stuff to sell to the general population. Horseshoes, Leather Jerkins, all stuff that had no impact on the game, but treated the workshop as a thriving business.
    That way when YOU, as the proprietor, ask for a special commission, you are taking an artisan away from their normal duties. And THAT is why you have to pay. To cover the cost of taking Stan the Blacksmith away from shoeing horses, so that he can make YOU a battle axe. So even if it fails, you still have to pay up.
    It doesn't matter whether you want the item for yourself, or to sell, it's personal rather than business so you have to front the cost. But you can also gain the profit from those personal tasks.

It's stuff that literally makes no difference at all to the mechanics of the game, but fleshes out a sense of realism that expands the game beyond being about improving Item Level and being "BiS"
    Actually i had no clue what you were implying on number 5 and yes i read the whole thing. The miracle worker thing was about number 1, currently you can cancel and restart tasks til it auto completes with no material risk only gold cost for each time you restart as long as the artisan has miracle worker skill. I have no counter points just pointing out the real issue with the implied change. Did you read everything i typed?
    And for the record there are ways to to keep your artisans working and making gold for you. I have 23 workshops running constantly and off morale alone i make 750 gold each day i actually tend them. Not listing details here tho. I spent alot of time figuring out the workshop. Pm me on xbone and ill fill you in gamertag is Chinese Grow.

My advice for the adamant blooms, etc., if you belong to a somewhat high level alliance, and they call in the vendors fairly often, just farm guild marks and get the blooms that way. With the guild marks and correct number of ingredients you are guaranteed the regular (not +1) result. The only drawback is you can't buy them on a toon that doesn't have the recipes unlocked, so you're stuck farming guild marks on the toon that's doing the professions, but it saves you a lot of hassle.

I have been in this game since the level cap was 60 and the well of the dragons was the hot new thing. I know the extra work we can do to get around it that is not the point of this. Sure I could do all this extra just like you could get threw a log in bug by restarting your xbox 3 times doing 6 and a half jumping jacks before burning 2 bucks on it and if you do any step wrong you have to start all over. It should not be on us to find away to "fix" their game. Sure I can farm for 12 hours to get enough gold to run 4 tasks or they can up gold amount. I can hunt down people to farm this item I can do on my own or they can make it so the +1 counts.

Until Blacksmiths can make Iron Nails, it will remain broken.

I think they got the whole thing backwards when they set it up.
    I think they spent so much time coming up with the system they forgot to spend time working on the rationale, and game world texture that a concept such as Running a Workshop could offer.

You have these Master Artisans hanging around the workshop doing sod all unless you want something specific for yourself, at which point they get off their HAMSTER and make something. This is ridiculous, and made more ridiculous by the fact that you have a specific quest to go and fetch them more booze because they are so bored at having nothing to do they are sitting round the workshop getting drunk all day.

It should have been set up so they are always working, making stuff to sell to the general population. Horseshoes, Leather Jerkins, all stuff that had no impact on the game, but treated the workshop as a thriving business.
    That way when YOU, as the proprietor, ask for a special commission, you are taking an artisan away from their normal duties. And THAT is why you have to pay. To cover the cost of taking Stan the Blacksmith away from shoeing horses, so that he can make YOU a battle axe. So even if it fails, you still have to pay up.
    It doesn't matter whether you want the item for yourself, or to sell, it's personal rather than business so you have to front the cost. But you can also gain the profit from those personal tasks.

It's stuff that literally makes no difference at all to the mechanics of the game, but fleshes out a sense of realism that expands the game beyond being about improving Item Level and being "BiS"

Ok that I can understand. Even if they screw up the fact they are not drinking with their thumbs up their pockets is far more understandable as they are busy and not just "Free beer naps when ever I want and no work even getting paid for being a screw up. Our employer is a moron."

Actually i had no clue what you were implying on number 5 and yes i read the whole thing. The miracle worker thing was about number 1, currently you can cancel and restart tasks til it auto completes with no material risk only gold cost for each time you restart as long as the artisan has miracle worker skill. I have no counter points just pointing out the real issue with the implied change. Did you read everything i typed?

Yes I did read it all. And yes some heroes have a chance to save the items but the fact is they do nothing but sit around get drunk till you have a task and maybe complete it or have a chance to not trash the item. By the way that chance caps around 40%. And that is counting a tool and an item. The tool by the way can be bought yes. For a cupple 100k diamonds. So realistically you are looking at between 10-30% chance to not lose items.

And for the record there are ways to to keep your artisans working and making gold for you. I have 23 workshops running constantly and off morale alone i make 750 gold each day i actually tend them. Not listing details here tho. I spent alot of time figuring out the workshop. Pm me on xbone and ill fill you in gamertag is Chinese Grow.

Ok so you did not read it as because right there in number 5 you see me saying "there is only like maybe 2 ways to make ok money using the system." Granted I know there are more but there is really only 2 easyish ways. I have at least 3 heroes working it to gain gold. But again it should not be on the player to find away to "fix" or find away around their game. That should be more on the lines of fun to do not a requirement.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
    I did read it. In a game with as many currencies as this the term "money" could mean AD or gold. Its not a very direct statement. Just figured since you were complaining about gold that you were refering to it. Accuse of whatever you want. Just tryin to help you out.
    It wasnt that i "didn't read it". Nothing i mentioned was about 5 cause i didnt totally understand what you were getting at. No rudeness intended but ill just leave you to whatever your tryin say here cause either way you want to act towards people this is all pretty irrelevant.
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Number 2 is important because it makes all older items useable. A person can have some MC done and make items that other people need such as gold wire for example.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Workers have families to feed. They get paid for their time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    chiatzou said:

Number 2 is important because it makes all older items useable. A person can have some MC done and make items that other people need such as gold wire for example.

yes but if no one wants to work on them then you can't rely on others. my alliance has 100s of people in it and maybe 5% of us bother with masterwork. Hell even the AD tends to really only has 3 pages if lucky. My point is it relies too much on other people because so few want to even try making it far harder.
    greywynd said:

Workers have families to feed. They get paid for their time.

What time? 90% of the time they sit there drinking doing nothing. Hell I got 6 I brought on and not 1 has yet to work an i had them since the update. But even if you give them that then how will they feed their family when I have to fire them or go out of bisness because I can't afford it?
    ✋☞ ✡⚐