test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customer Service referred me to Forums for help

I am on the last house of Fires of Homes quest

I am a level 42 Therm Wizard and the quest is level 35. All my gear is around 150 IL.

I have tried the quest many times with my Sellsword and my Man-At-Arms. Every time it is near instant death when the moment I zone in. I have tried different builds, I have tried shields, potions, everytime I am dead when I zone in within 2 seconds.

I have tried waiting for other players to come around so we can do it together, but so far I have not seen anybody in the zone.

I am unable to speak with other players, so I cannot ask for help.

I cannot unlock speech, bacuase the questline I am on needs to be passed in order to progress in the zone.

I already paid for VIP, I refuse to buy Scrolls of Life to pass a quest that is holding up my progress.

Really at quite a loss as to what I should do...

Comments

• photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    My apologies for your VIP purchase.

Your problem may be related to the overly aggressive scaling introduced in recent mod 16.

You'll probably need a player to help push you through the quest or team up with a few others. I know this is difficult because you cannot speak in game. You've been setup for failure. All part of the new player experience now.
  • barkloud#8760 barkloud Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2019

wow, the pay or stop playing is happening to leveling players?

mind=blown

I am paying already, I just refuse to buy VIP and scrolls of life

> @barkloud#8760 said:

> wow, the pay or stop playing is happening to leveling players?

>

> mind=blown

>

> I am paying already, I just refuse to buy VIP and scrolls of life

some advice then. companions are not scaled, so in leveling content they will do 10-20x your damage if they are max rank and geared up. try getting a decent companion to kill that stuff for ya.

thanks
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    @barkloud#8760 Mount insignia's are not scaled as well so that would help increase your stats to over whats needed maybe. Not that you should have to do that for said mission if they would fix things. Look me up in the game and I would be happy to party and help you out if needed. Ryeza@h3llbentwisp

@barkloud#8760 Mount insignia's are not scaled as well so that would help increase your stats to over whats needed maybe. Not that you should have to do that for said mission if they would fix things. Look me up in the game and I would be happy to party and help you out if needed. Ryeza@h3llbentwisp

Thanks... Too date, the best thing about the game is its community.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    So here we see that scaling is a mess as yet implemented.
    i am sorry for you, but it is cryptics will to disable all new players to succeed in questline. you did too much xp to fast so you are downscaled.
    I have no other opinion to that.
    3 month of crying, telling, describing the problem did not help to prevent this situation.
    Game is in a very bad state (if you can call it a game anymore).
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @barkloud#8760 It use to be one only needed be level 15 to talk. I am very vocal about chat restriction in the game being far too difficult. They should (now than ever before) free up the chat restriction on this game. I will give you the best advice I can offer;

My handle in the game is the same here as in the game just use O key --> Find Person then search sandukupu if there is any way for you to get my attention, I will help you on the quest. Obviously you are chat restricted so maybe jump up and down or did they restrict jumping too? You can also PM me here on the forum and tell me a time and place to meet up, I will be there.

Join a guild for assistance O key --> Find Guild --> click the purple icon and sort high to low. Look for them to have websites. They will want you to apply to the page there and many use Discord (free 3rd party chat) to talk.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Thanks... Too date, the best thing about the game is its community.

And this is the only reason I haven't uninstalled the game.

@mimicking#6533 Your new players are being destroyed by scaling. Is this really what you wanted?
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I think customer Service was wanting to add fuel to the fire
    > @lantern22 said:
    > I think customer Service was wanting to add fuel to the fire

I watched the q&a on Twitch, they seemed genuine about wanted to fix the game.

It works pretty well, but some of these instances are ridiculously hard.

I was bummed when I got no xp for mobs, 1308 xp for quest turn in and a piece of gear 20 levels lower than my current piece
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User

> @lantern22 said:

> I think customer Service was wanting to add fuel to the fire

I watched the q&a on Twitch, they seemed genuine about wanted to fix the game.

It works pretty well, but some of these instances are ridiculously hard.

I was bummed when I got no xp for mobs, 1308 xp for quest turn in and a piece of gear 20 levels lower than my current piece

Words are easy actions are another thing.... I listen to want they say but really assume all of it is a lie until they prove me wrong with their actions.