test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of the Mad Mage

13»

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    One thing to keep in mind when deciding where you should swap out older gear with superior equip bonuses is that new gear, while stingy with +% damage, contributes meaningful HP increases.

Failure to survive mechanics even when they are executed correctly will lower DPS quite a bit, so I’d suggest that players practice a bit of triage and consider swapping out a couple of their least precious equip bonuses for newer equipment that offers some of the benefit but with increased survivability (e.g. Terrored Grips are slightly less powerful now that encounter CDs are longer, so wearing a newer item with increased HP, Power, and a +Power equip bonus won’t make for a very noticeable difference in overall DPS).

Demon Lord’s Set is still an extremely strong bonus, but not mandatory. The Apprentice’s Spoils set is a viable alternative when used in tandem with an AP-generating artifact and should be quite nice once the neck’s AP bonus is fixed.

TL;DR: New stuff can be good to use where you can get away with it, because having enough HP to handle mechanics is important, especially if you are not using companion powers and a few insignia to help.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    3% +dps =6k power
    1000 power=0.5% more dps
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    For first boss we stay between boss and out color codes corner... then we fling at wills to damage boss. When mimics spawn we use encounters and dailies plus doohickeys to smash them down. For tr I use deft strike to slow mimics down and reach them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    It's just maths, so they tell me 😅.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited May 2019
    https://jannenw.info/pages/mechanics16/stats
    use that calculator, fill in caps, add 1000 power , devide both multiplier values with each other, it should give a 1.005=0.5% more
    If that is not correct blame Jeanne
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It's just very basic maths.

1 000 power adds 1% to your power damage multiplier, which isn't the same as increasing your damage by 1%. Indeed it always gives less than that unless you had 0 power before.

With 0 power, your damage is multiplied by 1.

With 1 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 1.01. Compared to 0 power, your damage was increased by 1.01/1-1=1%.

With 100 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 2.

With 101 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 2.01. Compared to 100 000 power, your damage was increased by 2.01/2-1=0.5%

The more power you have the less effective adding more power is.

Considering that any level 80 DPS should have at the very least 100k power, we can safely assume that a 1k power boost actually gives less than 0.5% extra damage.
    jonkoca said:

The +3% gear is much better than the new gear for damage, but keeping it means your item level seems lower than it really is. I have 2 swordsmen perks - bear kiuno/heels of fury for +6%, another general +3% from terrored grips. 5% from the spyguild hat. 3% from a new shirt, +2% from the fane chult ring. Total of 19% damage increase - which is the eqivalent of a massive amount of power - roughly 40k, and still my offensive stats are at cap.

That is worth far more than the slightly increased power of the new armors. I just need an ebonized ring to take over a swordsman perk so I can swap out my boots, or a very lucky drop from fane.

AFAIK, all the rings with the swordman's perk give defensive stats. So, IMO you're better off keeping your kiuno and heels and looking for fane rings.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    So completed it 5 times legit yesterday with no toons over 22k, except the tank for 3 runs.

My Warlock is 19.5k, enough for private queue and we had no trouble clearing with her in the party.

She has Jawrippers, Hag’s Rags, Ebonized Ring, Willed, and Seige Master. So lots of % buffs. She is still cap on ArP and Crit and only a little under.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited May 2019
    artifleur said:

It's just very basic maths.

1 000 power adds 1% to your power damage multiplier, which isn't the same as increasing your damage by 1%. Indeed it always gives less than that unless you had 0 power before.

With 0 power, your damage is multiplied by 1.

With 1 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 1.01. Compared to 0 power, your damage was increased by 1.01/1-1=1%.

With 100 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 2.

With 101 000 power, your damage is multiplied by 2.01. Compared to 100 000 power, your damage was increased by 2.01/2-1=0.5%

The more power you have the less effective adding more power is.

Considering that any level 80 DPS should have at the very least 100k power, we can safely assume that a 1k power boost actually gives less than 0.5% extra damage.

jonkoca said:

The +3% gear is much better than the new gear for damage, but keeping it means your item level seems lower than it really is. I have 2 swordsmen perks - bear kiuno/heels of fury for +6%, another general +3% from terrored grips. 5% from the spyguild hat. 3% from a new shirt, +2% from the fane chult ring. Total of 19% damage increase - which is the eqivalent of a massive amount of power - roughly 40k, and still my offensive stats are at cap.

That is worth far more than the slightly increased power of the new armors. I just need an ebonized ring to take over a swordsman perk so I can swap out my boots, or a very lucky drop from fane.

Basic... Damage=weaponDamage⋅magnitudeModifier⋅(1+power/100000)⋅resistance⋅[1+I[criticalHit]⋅CritSeverity+I[combatAdvantage]⋅CASeverity]⋅(1−I[hitDeflected]⋅0.5)⋅∑debuffs⋅damageTypeBuff+∑CompanionActiveSpecial+∑WeaponEnchantmentProc

99.999% don´t do math like some smart math student do in this game. Thx to Jeanne.
    That´s what calculator tells me too, adding 1000 power it get´s deminished.
    At 50000 power 0.66666%
    At 100000 power 0.5%
    At 150000 power 0.4%
    At 200000 power 0.33%
    artifleur said:

AFAIK, all the rings with the swordman's perk give defensive stats. So, IMO you're better off keeping your kiuno and heels and looking for fane rings.

You miss some HP and stats that way, if you can afford it. 13k HP and 9k stats from gear and combined rating IL 950 vs 672, but I saw some melee classes doing so.
    I run shadowstalker +5 and one Sniper perk ring+ hands with Sniper, a compromise as ranged, since in some fights ranged dps loose that multiplier pretty often, fights like Arcturia (most of that fight inactive imo) and others.
    25'' needs you to be nearly in meleerange, distance is like two jumps forward.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Average player is arround 100k, BIS ones at 150k, the more you slot high IL without % damage the worse you get.
    IL 23-25+ only means that the player is worse than most 22IL with adaequat gear and Orcus set in general.
    Demon Lords Set is still BIS, when assuming a 7-8% dps increase (0-20%) and no +1 Str or Int or Wisdom or combined rating changes things.
    +1 Str or Int is about 0.25% + dps = adding 4k Str= 1% , wich can be achieved x3 by slotting one piece of Sniper Perks, wich seems to stack (looks like working on preview).
    A mod 16 set needs to add 14k (7% at 100k power) to 20k (+8% at 150k power) power to equalize that multiplier, the higher your powerlevel the more you need. No set is capable to do so as far as I know.
    *Except maybe a dps-paladin using "endless AP bug", spamming dailies and benefitting from "Inherit Danger" setbonus :)
    (not facing that boss!)
    Spamming dailies is not intended in this mod, so all those daily-setboni look pretty bad to me.
    I think devs should rethink actual situation, where an old setbonus from mod 9 - 2016 - beats all that new stuff.

PS: Mod 15 set vs Alabaster Set is about 35% + dps, if you don´t take that 10% setbonus into account.
    Post edited by schietindebux on