test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of Mad Mage cleared :) (share your screenshots)

Comments

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Yup when a player gets cocooned, group stays around it and heal up the dmg to avoid wipe.
    It works.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    draugkir said:

Yup when a player gets cocooned, group stays around it and heal up the dmg to avoid wipe.
    It works.

It also works if you have a good cleric where no one hangs out near the cocoon and the healer heals the person trapped.

I have beaten the dungeon twice and beaten the first boss three times.

but huge waste of time and kits and pots, and scrolls
    lol

It can be done without using scrolls once you understand what to do, what works and a party that is also gaining experience. To learn the mechanics you might need scrolls but continue to go with the same people so you all advance together in experience and you wont need scrolls at all.

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    yesterday someone streaming 2 healer(1 cleric 1 paladin) 3 dps no tank in all dungeon so new meta 2 healers 3 dps (on 1st boss cleric changed to dps for the mimicks) xD
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    My first LoMM completion as a healer ~ 28 min. 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS party composition. Having good DPS makes a huge difference.

0 deaths for the CW, 1 death for me (when I fell off one of the ledges because I was distracted by the artwork - which is beautiful by the way - and not paying attention to where I was walking), and 1-2 deaths for the tank and other DPS.

Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    another screenshot to hall of fame :) Gratz @vordayn
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I did not many tries today, first steps and my weapon is mod 15, wich is 35% lower damage, same as my Power is not at 150+, but I run all those other multiplier, same as demon set, 3xr15 bonds etc and I have no clue how most of the player in this game should absolve this 1. boss in need of 4 hdps on 4 corner of the field, not to talk about those cc, aoe and other stuff.
    This is pretty much a hardcore version of a dungeon, but maybe having endgear and 980IL weapon same as maxed power it should work...
    You need to have allready mod 16 weapon even before entering that dungeon, same as higher IL and a good performing group on top, to even get past 1. boss.
    A bit too much for a game for casuals imo. It´s not about footwork, more a pretty tough dps check.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The comparison with CODG and FBI and MSP etc. is not that valid. I run all those and got it in short with some tries and also weaker groups... some of those dungeons are still bugged to the actual date.
    This is the first dungeon/boss where I have to admit, without topgear actual weaponset and a good performing group you will burn a lot of scrolls pots etc. and might fail anyway.
    Dps for mimics should be absolvable with weapons from mod 15 imo, maybe devs step in and give it a try with IL 21-22k, might be funny to watch them fail.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

draugkir said:

It works.

It also works if you have a good cleric where no one hangs out near the cocoon and the healer heals the person trapped.

I have beaten the dungeon twice and beaten the first boss three times.

Hug cocoon and have Paladin make the blue shield etc.. noeone has to die or run around like headless chickens. Simple.
    Hug each other always nice. All that human heat.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited May 2019

that would be fine @obsidiancran3, except for the fact i did do the dungeon, numerous times on preview, but now it goes live and with even better (far better) groups then i had on preview i am still unable to beat it.

anyway i'm not doing it till they nerf it so enjoy burning scrolls and stones of health there for me

keep doing free beta testing, I'll wait till the product is in decent shape

Managed to get it done today. No screen shot for hall of fame.

No problems following the advice posted in this forum by @kiraskytower (being I ran with the people she did it with).

It’s a good dungeon that can be done once you know the mechanics. (Even if Arcturia is annoying.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    https://imgur.com/a/7cdSWgp

mad mage complete!!!! wow that was amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

https://imgur.com/a/7cdSWgp

mad mage complete!!!! wow that was amazing!

AAAAAAAAAAnd another one to the hall of fame ;p

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    http://prntscr.com/no83sv

For that paladin player famous on the forum for complaining how much he needs scrolls and pots and stuff to complete LoMM and who is "trying feedback".
    2 paladins 1 wizard 1 ranger 1 warlock in RQ
    eolee said:

For that paladin player famous on the forum for complaining how much he needs scrolls and pots and stuff to complete LoMM and who is "trying feedback".

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Weeee, first time today!! We had to do 1st and 2nd boss twice cuz we screwed up a couple times. I'm barely 21.9 k ilvl, but I use orcus set, and 2 rings from fane, and only have r12 rad's and empowereds so far, and about 128k power with food and everything.

Weeee, first time today!! We had to do 1st and 2nd boss twice cuz we screwed up a couple times. I'm barely 21.9 k ilvl, but I use orcus set, and 2 rings from fane, and only have r12 rad's and empowereds so far, and about 128k power with food and everything.

Hall of fame is growing :) That is good more and more people learn the mechanics and are able to finish the dungeon ... it is not about speedruning but about general sucsess... Great job guys :D

eolee said:

all these people doing it in 30 mins......its real funny especially since an ingame friend explained to me that people are just glitching the 1st boss, and doing RAQ, then waiting on someone to leave, and letting the reinforcement timer timeout and getting the full reward for completion, minus the chest at the end of course.
    Why do you think everybody who finished the dungeon cheat ?? Are you sooooooo bad that you need excauses ?? If you cant finish it in a group, maybe it is you who is the weakest link ?? Maybe it is not a time for all to carry you :D. Man i feel bad bout you... such a whiner... i hope i wont meet you in game... pheeew.

I did the run under 30 minutes few times... But to do this you need very experianced players + any voice communicator. But its not about speedrunning... its about general acomplishment. If you cant stand that people are sucsessful... Do not comment, leave this thread please.

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019

eolee said:

all these people doing it in 30 mins......its real funny especially since an ingame friend explained to me that people are just glitching the 1st boss, and doing RAQ, then waiting on someone to leave, and letting the reinforcement timer timeout and getting the full reward for completion, minus the chest at the end of course.
    Wow you are really bitter for nothing. Didnt glitch anything. Nobody left and we queue together as 5 at the beginning. But i guess that might go beyond common sense. We run this on regular basis now, sometimes we have 0 death run, sometimes we have more death depending on synergy of the group. And with my friends on discord from guild too.

If you find it funny contact me in the game so we can carry you there. Maybe you'll lose some of this bitterness you have. Not sure if its bitterness at this point anyway. No wait, im not even sure you are worth a carry.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Grats to all that made it but it really is no fun i am sure if i ever get around to doing it we will do it first time i do have all stats needed incl 120k+ power i just do not bother anymore.

They started this elitist dungeons back in FBI days and many have not even played MSP or later content. They just do not care about normal players and i have done all till before mad mage i just do not want to bother anymore there is no reason to farm an dungeon that takes long time to set up good team for then your result is you are weaker in majority of content.

Why would i want to be weaker in NERF zones. They just don't care about normal players and only cater for ZERKERS
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    i got 22k fighter, but only got 60k power, nowhere near as that 120k, are those devs completely nuts? i am currently capped and undercap in specific catagory
    edited May 2019
    wylonus said:

i got 22k fighter, but only got 60k power, nowhere near as that 120k, are those devs completely nuts? i am currently capped and undercap in specific catagory

Yep they will fix Intercession and prevent you from reloging to fix your stats but they wont fix the HAMSTER double down scaling bug. We are being down scaled twice, not HAMSTER once, twice. Once after you enter the dungeon and once again after you start the first boss fight.
    krumple01 said:

wylonus said:

Yep they will fix Intercession and prevent you from reloging to fix your stats but they wont fix the HAMSTER double down scaling bug. We are being down scaled twice, not HAMSTER once, twice. Once after you enter the dungeon and once again after you start the first boss fight.