test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.22

13»

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @fight#5797 @jelara1 @bobo#5090 @dennizonn @gonzakotwi

You seem to be accusing me of taking sides. All I told you in my original posting are the cold hard facts. It doesn't matter if you or anyone else believes there is no back ups. In my opinion, they probably have backups of the game going back to the very beginning, since all of the source code would fit on a single DVD.

The real issue is the time people like myself who has played and won items from loot boxes, made progress and all that would get wiped out in a rollback. Players who have spent real money would lose it forever. It is like a software reset on your Windows PC, say good bye to all your progress and the whole month of hard work and effort. All new accounts created in the time frame would end. At this point in time, it is better to forge ahead than look back. In my opinion, this is more of a database issue, than software backups.

As for keeping backups on another server, Cryptic only has 1 server to host all these games. I don't know how many shards, hard drive space, etc. but this is how I know this is all on 1 server. I can cross chat with my friends on all three games. If this was separate servers, like WoW for example, you would have to pick a server to play on and you cannot mix your party with other members from another server. They plan to nuke Preview near the end of this month, if they haven't already. I for one told players and warned developers this would not be a welcomed module and it needed more time to cook on Preview. In the end, it comes down to a bunch of players who had well over 6 weeks to download and play on Preview, but they chose not to, and just now they are learning this too late.
    wb-cenders.gif

preview server is a lie.

you go in thinking you can test some new cool things out, maybe tweak your build for the upcoming module a bit, try out a few new gears and pick some favs, and what you end up doing is free beta testing

Okay that is your right and if you refused to beta test the game, you have no room to say otherwise. It runs along the same line of voting. If the state says they are going to pass the new crazy law, and you don't vote for it or against it. You tell everyone you are not paid to vote. The law gets passed, you might as well have stated "I don't care.". Guess what? Now you are stuck with crazy and it was because you didn't care.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2019

preview server is a lie.

you go in thinking you can test some new cool things out, maybe tweak your build for the upcoming module a bit, try out a few new gears and pick some favs, and what you end up doing is free beta testing

Okay that is your right and if you refused to beta test the game, you have no room to say otherwise. It runs along the same line of voting. If the state says they are going to pass the new crazy law, and you don't vote for it or against it. You tell everyone you are not paid to vote. The law gets passed, you might as well have stated "I don't care.". Guess what? Now you are stuck with crazy and it was because you didn't care.
    There were more then enough people explaining and showing to the ones in charge that the new law was in fact crazy right from the start, and later there were more then enough people on the streets protesting that new law as well... but the ones in charge choose to ignore those people and pushed the law through anyway.
    What the ones in charge seem to forget, that there will be elections at some point, and that they might be out of a job soon after that when people decide to place their vote with someone else...

In other words, more then enough selected tester gave their feedback to Undermountain and suggested more then enough ways to stop this mess from happening, but the Devs ignored a lot of feedback and rushed the module through anyway.
    And let's be honest here, this isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last either.

Scaling is a mess, plain and simple. But since they're dead set on keeping it in game, then they should at the very least start listening to the player feedback and adjust the scaling accordingly.
    And give us another 2x AD event when they have brought back Demogorgon in a working state!
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

There were more then enough people explaining and showing to the ones in charge that the new law was in fact crazy right from the start, and later there were more then enough people on the streets protesting that new law as well... but the ones in charge choose to ignore those people and pushed the law through anyway.

Every time I was on Preview, zones reflected about 1% or less than 1% of the user base running preview. I would not want 1% of the players deciding my future or the future of this game for that matter. I have said multiple times before "developers listen but they don't take advice". They seem to tune out good advice and go with the 1% of players asking for tougher dungeons, higher level cap, raise the AD cap in zax, kill the Foundry because it is broken, etc.. I am no way telling players I am pleased with the results of this new generic game. Maybe if 10% of the players showed up in Preview and protested, they still would not have listened. We are now stuck with it and must hope the future of scaling will be improved.

I am saying time for protesting is over, you had your shot, if you spoke out before this went into effect, kudos to you. But 99% of you (my best estimate) just did not care to look. They continued to play and watch YouTube and Twitch from the 1% crowd to feed them information. I went in Preview back on mod 15 and told the developers directly in private messages, why I didn't believe Acquisitions Incorporated would be a good fit. I got some response, but nothing like, "Oh my God! You are right, maybe we should change it.". I for one didn't know who AI was and after watching several of their YouTube videos I contacted people. I found their potty humor somewhat funny but you don't want to inject that kind of humor into a population like this one. Telling the same jokes over and over on loop is torture not fun... to the point, I still never completed module 15. Module 15 is still part of the game and no they will never remove it. Time for my protest ended and I just refuse to play the content.
    wb-cenders.gif