test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Suggestion for rogue paragons

jorsjjorsj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
Hello all, the rogue have 2 dps paragons, i suggest to change or add a tank paragon (based for example on deflaction), the rogue will be funnier to play, because you can switch role.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    No
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • jorsjjorsj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    So you don't want that they change a paragon, BUT if they add a paragon nothing change to you, why not?
  • donatianusdonatianus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    Rogue tank is a good idea, the rogue is the only class with 75% deflection severity, it can be a good tank if they make a new paragon that increase deflection chance.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Because its highly unlikely to add third paragon and idea of tanking or healing rogue is completely absurd? Giving people a choice between two viable options of middle range /close range combat that are equal/benefiting in different situations is the change that rogues are in desperate need for. If we ignore the fact that rogue should have meaningful class mechanic in the first place (stealth offers basicaly no advantage besides of pvp as it is now) as mod 16 rogues, especialy assasins feel to be more...I call it gwfised... sorry fellow rogues for saying that but its a fact that with loosing of meaningful mechanics we also lost our grace in combat.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Rogue tank is a good idea, the rogue is the only class with 75% deflection severity, it can be a good tank if they make a new paragon that increase deflection chance.

Nope, everyone now have the same amount of deflection severity: 50%.

IF the devs should rework the rogue class, it should be deleting the whisperknife and make something that debuffs enemies and offers something like increased CA to allies, or reduce phisical damage resistance to enemies or reduced awareness to enemies...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Because its highly unlikely to add third paragon and idea of tanking or healing rogue is completely absurd? Giving people a choice between two viable options of middle range /close range combat that are equal/benefiting in different situations is the change that rogues are in desperate need for. If we ignore the fact that rogue should have meaningful class mechanic in the first place (stealth offers basicaly no advantage besides of pvp as it is now) as mod 16 rogues, especialy assasins feel to be more...I call it gwfised... sorry fellow rogues for saying that but its a fact that with loosing of meaningful mechanics we also lost our grace in combat.

The idea of a tanking or healing rogue is completely absurd? This game has healing warlocks!
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Don't get me started on healing warlocks with a demonic patron.

But I think a "tanking" rogue would be interesting, too - not so much tanky as extra evasive.
    Does anyone actually play the whisperknife?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just so you know... as is my tr has 500hp and has the ability to be second in healing charts due to my feats, mount healing ability, and potion sharing healing ability, plus artifact healing ability (tarroka deck)
    So as we are already we can build tanks and healers with tr. Just set a load out with the proper build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    What exactly are you trying to say here demonmonger? Being second on the heals chart means you were likely behind the actual healer in the queue, so how much behind them were you? 10k, 50k, 100k? Also you are taking up a dps spot in a queue, with that load out and stats are you actually able to contribute meaningful dps?

I am seriously curious to know what type of stats this build has.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    As long as i get my wizard to be the new best healer, im ok with this ;)
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    They need to do roles according with D&D lore, i don't know if Rogues can have a "defender" role, i know that Rangers can be off-healers or something like that. But why you guys those blessed with two DPS paths want to have a support role? You know that right now only DPS/DPS classes are top tier and optimal META DPS classes, classes with a non-DPS paragon are forced to play support. I believe that Rogue players don't want to be relegated to be only support.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Because for all intents and purposes Whisperknife is useless. The only part where it is considered even slightly better than Assassin is in mob killing but after stat capping the mobs die so quick anyways that it is not even worth it to make a whisperknife build.

I am sure there are some die hard Whisperknife players out there but probably 95% (my guess) of TR players are using the Assassin paragon path.

having 2 dps paragons is useless when one of them is almost never used.