test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Preview Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.24

dinothar#0764 dinothar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
Performance and Stability
We found an issue that would cause some characters to slow down game maps, particularly when they loaded into the zone. This resulted in rubber-banding, mainly observed in Undermountain's various zones. This issue has now been addressed, but the rubber-banding may still occur over the next few days as characters log in and are fixed up.

Comments

• merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Have you even seen River District? that mp is unplayable...the Framerate drops to 7...7!!!!!!!!! how do you mess that up and not notice nor address it?
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    fix TIAMAT & DEMO please its x2 weekend :(
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I truly hope more is being done then fixing a minor rubber banding issue... this is going to break the game if we cant play the new content TODAY :( or even the only fun thing to do in old content.. demo and tiamat
  • chiatzouchiatzou Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Are you going to fix the things you broke by doing yesterdays patch?
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Staff of Flowers +4% AP gain doesn't work, it takes minute and a half of constant attacks to get full action points.
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Also changed in build 24 (BUG): Now when you get scaled by Undermountain heroic you only get item level scaled - not level scaled (so you stay lvl 80). This is ok, but if you walk out of the heroic you stay downscaled....

Also scaling in undermountain heroics has been made a lot more aggressive....
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User

Performance and Stability
    We found an issue that would cause some characters to slow down game maps, particularly when they loaded into the zone. This resulted in rubber-banding, mainly observed in Undermountain's various zones. This issue has now been addressed, but the rubber-banding may still occur over the next few days as characters log in and are fixed up.

Ummm.... no... it's hardly at all in Undermountain compared to other maps... Rubber banding is everywhere, especially in the Guild Hall where can't have more than maybe 2 people on the map before it all goes haywire... seriously what is going on with the staff lately? I love this game but sheesh! Get it together. Players have been leaving left and right... The devs don't seem to realize just how serious an issue Mod 16 bugs have caused... If I'm wrong, and they do care, more need to interact with the community to help ease our minds because a lot of the trust has been taken away. Again, we were promised a smooth Mod 16 release. We were told no release date blah blah blah because they wanted all the bugs worked out and wanted to give us a smooth mod. What in the bleep happened? I've never been this negative on the forums, normally I'm quite positive... I hate being so negative. I love this game and hope it's fixed soon.
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Something also to consider... I'm not really sure play testing on the test server is the most accurate as far as lag is concerned. You don't have near the population in the actual game server than the test server. Testing lag on the test server isn't going to show you just how bad lag is because once the players all log in, lag spikes.
    Recommendation: Don't tell us what you're going to fix. Put it in there, check it yourselves, then tell us what you fixed. The reason for this is that with every fix patch you make where we do not see the results you promised, it makes you guys look really bad and causes further distrust.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    So these are the patch notes for the live server? WOW, you can't even post the patch notes correctly?
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Live server patches always go to one of the preview servers first (mimic during the normal times and owlbear when playtesting new mods is going on). So this was the correct place for the patch notes to be.
This discussion has been closed.