test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of Mad Mage cleared :) (share your screenshots)

Comments

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    How did you manage to get past 1st boss?
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    First boss is broken so how did you pass that?
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Who cares about 1 dungeon bugged if all the rest are nerfed so bad it is unplayable.

EDIT and the screen is from the current event going on so done today. Grats for finishing it
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

How did you manage to get past 1st boss?

Swift Golden Lion mount power helps alot when all the people gather up the cocooned one. Also heal spam and cleanse and Paladins (heal path) blue hp shield is a relief.

probably a screenshot from preview server before they removed LOMM
    sage

Why to do such things ?? Those are legit kills from live server.
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    just out of curiosity were these you solo random queuing or premade groups?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    With the first boss, you need some good ranged dps to take out the mimics, everything else should be cake from there.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @rysiek86 said:
    > How did you manage to get past 1st boss?
    >
    > Swift Golden Lion mount power helps alot when all the people gather up the cocooned one. Also heal spam and cleanse and Paladins (heal path) blue hp shield is a relief.

Thanks for info
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @rysiek86 Congrats guys!

@iamsmokingone#2455

Actually if you are fast enough, you can slow-kill mimics to end on either 1st or 2nd mimic spawn. Cocoon is a problem if you do not have a good Tank/Healer combo.
    After cocoon gets done, you can quickly dps boss. Probably take out around 40% of her HP in a manner of 10-20sec.
    Things get wild after she losses 50% hp, randomness increases and if by that time you haven't been clearing out mimics, you are in for some hard time and many wipes.

So, mimic killing is mandatory. But it is extremely hard for Healers/Tanks to actually kill one row of three mimics at a time. So they need extra help by using artifact powers that allow damaging.
    There is around 1 minute between each spawn, so saving daily encounters to hurt mimics is mandatory, as at-wills won't work very well.

I've noticed that people do not rush quickly to their designated corner of choice, and they usually lose 3sec that they could be using to kill mimics.
    Granted, lag, unawareness, but Mimics do spawn a bit too fast and sometimes it appears as if Arcturia is completely broken. In one such case she started spawning infinite mimics in my group, on top of cocoons and AoE encounters + there were some randomized ghosts that spawn an AoE in a line of sight.
    Arcturia definitely needs to be tonned down or, at least, mimics need to be slowed by 50% at least so that one DPS can reach and go in circles to help others kill mimics.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    sound like it all about timings?
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I was able to beat the dungeon last night. I had one run fail and a second run that was basically with people who had beaten the boss win it. The first boss's mechanic is a dps check for the most part and you don't need ranged players or really even huge healing/shields. The mechanic is that if you can't kill the 4 mimics that are rushing to the middle in this phase when they reach the middle you will more than likely fail this next phase. The mimics turn into monsters that I feel have as much hp as the boss and do good amounts of damage. You can survive one as a dps but the second one attacking you will probably end up killing you.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k

just out of curiosity were these you solo random queuing or premade groups?

Premade groups my friend :)

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    After some runs, I cleared it with a very good group. I can say mimic phase it's a DPS check, and other bosses have a DPS check mechanic as well.

Still, Mimics may be a bit too much overtuned, they have a lot of HP, even for the best DPS players they could be a problem if skills don't crit
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    A question to those, that have actually beaten it (I will start trying on saturday): Can the mimics be eaten by the tyranosaur combat power?
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

A question to those, that have actually beaten it (I will start trying on saturday): Can the mimics be eaten by the tyranosaur combat power?

To be honest didnt try it, but with the hp they got it seems they are not a common critter :)
    So i would say: No. But maight be wrong.

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Nope, just like tears in MSP Noctura boss fight, T Rex cant do such things anymore, tried it. Or souls in Tong. I think those mobs or items call them whatever have too much HPs now to be relevant in belonging to the "minions" category.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Not the answer i hoped for, but it was the one i expectet :(

Thank you for the answer
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • halo0816halo0816 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hm, we tried it yesterday a few times. we got on each lane 3-4 mimics. we used our encounter and daily powers two kill the first and second mimic. but they respawn after around 3 secs again so how did you kill all of them without encounter powers (all on cooldown after the first 2 mimics on each lane).
    btw, we played with facetanking GF so we had 1 dps on each lane and 1 healer.

sorry for my bad english :S
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The questions that's really matter !

How was the loot guys ?
    How much time i takes ?
    Was it fun ? or was fun just because is the new BIS dungeon to beat ?

And again grats on the deeds...

edited May 2019

The Trex and the artifact that is new with mimics that eat monsters don't eat the mimics. They only way to kill the mimics is to kill them from what I have seen.

FYI, CC on the mimics didn't work either.
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    rafaelda said:

The questions that's really matter !

How was the loot guys ?
    How much time i takes ?
    Was it fun ? or was fun just because is the new BIS dungeon to beat ?

And again grats on the deeds...

It is about a 1 hour or so dungeon to complete without any wipes. You might be able to do it faster but there was some explaining of things in the first run and sharing of hints by those in my group.
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    all these groups completing it are just doing the cocoon char select bullcrap cheating. thats why there are no videos of it yet. nobody has figured out how to legit get past the cocoon, just a bunch of cheaters sadly otherwise there would be videos showing the full run. but videos would show the truth
    edited May 2019

all these groups completing it are just doing the cocoon char select bullcrap cheating. thats why there are no videos of it yet. nobody has figured out how to legit get past the cocoon, just a bunch of cheaters sadly otherwise there would be videos showing the full run. but videos would show the truth

All gather up on the cocoon. Healer spam heal the cocoon one person, because the more heal he get the less dmg he spreads while exploading... What is hard about that mate ?? It is easy to acuse someone of cheating...

Not everyone sream, not everyone do yt vidios... and as i see, not everyone think as i read your post.