test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411B.24

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Today's maintenance (May 10) is due to the following patch:

Performance and Stability
We found an issue that would cause some characters to slow down game maps, particularly when they loaded into the zone. This resulted in rubber-banding, mainly observed in Undermountain's various zones. This issue has now been addressed, but the rubber-banding may still occur over the next few days as characters log in and are fixed up.

Comments

• grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    there are still SO many things broken and unbalanced! did master spellplague today, the tentacles in final boss fight have way too much hp, takes longer to kill the tentacles than to kill the boss just to mention 1 thing. still too much cc from the mobs, spend more time on the ground than on my feet. numerous dungeons still not doable. feats targeting single skills force us to use singular builds. its just such a mess, feels like a gamble every time you join a que, will it work, wont it work, who knows.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

there are still SO many things broken and unbalanced! did master spellplague today, the tentacles in final boss fight have way too much hp, takes longer to kill the tentacles than to kill the boss just to mention 1 thing. still too much cc from the mobs, spend more time on the ground than on my feet. numerous dungeons still not doable. feats targeting single skills force us to use singular builds. its just such a mess, feels like a gamble every time you join a que, will it work, wont it work, who knows.

Nothing you said is wrong, but at least it's a step in the right direction. The rubber banding has been a big QOL issue with the new content that's supposed to be driving this mod, so it makes sense to prioritize it.

Still, do want to signal boost the issues you brought up.
    The issue with mob CC isn't that there are a lot of mobs that use it, the issue is that those mobs can use it in sequence in a way that can lock you down for an extremely long time. Something that's worked well in other Cryptic games is for control powers to apply a stacking control resistance buff, to reduce the likelihood and length of these chain prone-stun-prone-disable-prone events.

Feat trees that exclusively feature single-power feats, like the ones for the Barbarian, Fighter, and Paladin, lock you out of a feeling of choice due to the opportunity cost of "wasted" feats. This is less a pet peeve, and more, as the late, great George Carlin put it, a major psychotic HAMSTER hatred of mine, so I urge in the strongest terms a redesign of those feat trees more in the mold of the ranger or rogue ones, where there are a few single-power feats, but also feats that interact with the class' playstyle as a whole, or with their tab feature. Most of these feats could be rendered much more palatable simply by changing their trigger or target power from a single specific power to "at-wills" or "single-target encounter powers" or "multi-target encounter powers" or even "control powers."
  • hukrabby#9067 hukrabby Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    what about demo ?we know this was on purpose ..........
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I would like to see your new shiny dungeon either be made so a team of all min il character can do it or just up the min to what it is that character need to be at. Nothing gets more frustrating when it simply can not be done because you are led to believe it is possible for you because of the requirements you set only to find out it is hopeless because you can not take about a mimic with all your encounters and a daily unless your crit rate is about 90%.... and then realizing oh I am actually the top dps so forget about the other lanes completely.

So if it is possible with a random pug of minimum il would love to see a dev video of it being done in such a manner. Now I am sure me and every single person I have spent in the lomm pry just need to get good but I have my doubts, to me seems the min IL should really just be 22-23k at minimum. And if you set it at 20k because well a 20k healer is all you need with 23k dps/tanks that is also quite misleading

oh and just a fyi your REQ is bugged anyway if you just sit in the dungeon waiting for reinforcements after 1-4 people leave this after it searches for reinforcements for awhile without finding any the queue group is just dissolved and the AD rewards for random queue are given as well as credit for the stronghold quest....so there you go a bug players benefit from I figure that will get fixed quickly enough.

• asheena#6410 asheena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i'd like to know when the AH is going to be fixed, as it it broken yet again :anguished:
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    edited as I realized I made a mistake on this one.
    Post edited by kinamara#3934 on
  • ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Even after today's patch, my main is still broken in a way that she cannot use four of her skills.
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    BUG:

The Bonuses on undermountain gear "Do Not" work. i had my doubts till i finally got the armor that increases ur power by 1% whenever u heal or damage ur target for atleast 10% of ur hp. and nope, not getting any extra power, the pants and shirt that suppose to give ap and reduce cd are unlikely to be working either as my ap still sux the same with or without having them.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

> @lardeson said:

> BUG:

>

> The Bonuses on undermountain gear "Do Not" work. i had my doubts till i finally got the armor that increases ur power by 1% whenever u heal or damage ur target for atleast 10% of ur hp. and nope, not getting any extra power, the pants and shirt that suppose to give ap and reduce cd are unlikely to be working either as my ap still sux the same with or without having them.

it was reported on preview that the tooltip for the armor was wrong, it gave an increase to defense not power. got shoved under the table so we got the same thing when it went live

Aha, why would they bother lol. facepalm. thanks for clarifying that o/
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    elsunga said:

imho there should be always a version of dungeon/skirmish/trial doable by average pug team. Not as guaranteed run, but if they would respect basic dungeon mechanics and have appropiate gear, it should be done. Current situation is far from this. It is much more about some nightmare master mode for premade meta groups.

I was a big fan of normal and master modes. I really don't know why they stopped doing that.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

I was a big fan of normal and master modes. I really don't know why they stopped doing that.

And I was a big fan of Neverwinter.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
    Mhhhhhhhhhhhhm Hello????????? is it just me or each "fix" brings more bugs along with it? why are my stats in Vankradoom, the highest zone in undermountain, scaled down to the same as lvl 70 zones??