test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random stat drops in LOMM - Party wipes are lame

quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
I don't have any screenshots at the moment, but maybe some other players can confirm the same happens to them, or maybe I'll try to catch it latter.

There will be times going through the LOMM dungeon and my stats suddenly look like I am being scaled to lvl 70 dungeon, my pet will still be alive, in combat, out of combat it doesn't matter, it just suddenly and randomly happens that I have like half the stats that I should, with augment or regular companions.

Resummoning them seems to help, but that doesn't help when you're in the middle of combat. People wondering why they are not critting, or getting smashed to bits, it's probably cuz the stats dropped for some reason, idk what the cause may be.

Also, that Arcturia fight is just stupid, tried several times, can't get past it. Always either the mimics build up and too many golems spawn and kill everyone, or eventually Arcturia decides to god wipe the party. The times Arcturia decide to god wipe us, we probably coulda finished if not for that. Why is it that in every new mod recently, the devs think it's a good idea to add in a stupid mechanic that wipes everyone? I don't think it's good design, it's like an author abusing 'Deus ex Machina'.

Comments

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed that as well was fighting stuff just fine half way through the first my dmg was about half looked at my stats and they were all half what they should be, no debuffs were active on me pet was fine as i use a augment. after the fight stats went back up to normal.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    The pet stat issue is very annoying, and while the Arcturia fight is obviously not impossible, I would agree that it's overtuned for the advertised minimums.

If the dungeon is intended exclusively to challenge players of higher-end characters, the current difficulty of the Arcturia fight is fine if you correct the bugs.

If the dungeon is intended to be generally accessible to players who have progressed through the Undermountain campaign and have put in a bit of effort to meet the entry requirements, some tweaks are probably in order.

Normally I'm all over the end game content, but I'm concerned about having many players potentially excluded for the foreseeable future. I think that, in M16, there's not enough replay value in lvl 80 content for the more casual players (read: a huge portion of the base) to feel satisfied waiting for another module so that they can clear the first and only lvl 80 dungeon. I'd want to keep this somewhat challenging, but save the real difficulty spike for whatever trial or dungeon follows this one.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Its not just in LoMM. I've noticed stat fluctuation in multiple areas - Barovia, Mount Hotenow, Chult, Omu, Sharandar, Icewind Pass, River district to name a few and I'm not just talking about the being downscaled a bit when you enter. I'm talking about a 15% drop in stats while engaged in some kind of activity - riding, running, and combat. Will check again tomorrow and try and get something more concrete but again, the new dungeon isn't the only place it seems wonky.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac