test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I can't fish!

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I just cannot finish that fishing quest in the sea of moving ice. I have tried countless times. Is there a bug or am I just horrible at fishing? I also can;'t abandon the quest for some reason it's grated out.

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Do you have fishing rod? or maybe you dont have any lures left. or do you have problems with how fishing work? You have to hit highlighted buttons(q,e,r) when you hook the fish
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I just cannot finish that fishing quest in the sea of moving ice. I have tried countless times. Is there a bug or am I just horrible at fishing? I also can;'t abandon the quest for some reason it's grated out.

You need to hold (keep pressing) the button and not tapping it. I believe the in game instruction tells you to do that too.
    If you are tapping it, you can't fish.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nightstalker61nightstalker61 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The indicator bar does not move and the catch fish button does not light up (this is holding down the arrow buttons). The indicator arrows work but after a few seconds it says fish lost.
    newnssig.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited May 2019

The indicator bar does not move and the catch fish button does not light up (this is holding down the arrow buttons). The indicator arrows work but after a few seconds it says fish lost.

I assume you mean q,e,r keys instead of arrow keys or a,w,d keys.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User

You need to hold (keep pressing) the button and not tapping it. I believe the in game instruction tells you to do that too.
    If you are tapping it, you can't fish.
    After is says fish caught I hold the right mouse button down while following the button instructions and yes I hold them. I guess I will just Keep on keepin' on

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Look what happens when you try to fish in SOMI
    https://youtu.be/HDVIdTwwiEI
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I couldn't get it to work either so I'm just skipping that area if it remains possible. It's a shame because the fishing quest in the previous area is simple as is fishing in other games. Having different fishing mechanisms in different areas of the same game is ridiculous.

It should be something like left click to cast, right click to set hook, right click again to reel in, not hit 'Tab', '0', '.' or whatever other odd configuration we have for combat.

Good luck!
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I gave up too.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User

I've the same problem too. After mod16 the "action bar" to catch the fish does not charge. I've create a post on bug report too, but nothing until now
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Yea, it is broken, been like that for weeks... Bar does not fill up.... cant progress in the quests, because fishing is broken