Players does not respect mmorpg mechanics

2»

Comments

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    dolrey said:

dolrey said:

Some words about tanking first.
    1) Probably you had not so good at tanking tank. If somebody was top tactician in m15 it doesn't mean that he is good tank (because calling tactician tank is just a joke). Now bis tank at lvl 80 without scaling should have 675+khp and relatively well equipped tank should have about 570khp (having ~25% passive damage mitigation and overcap of defence as well). Item level is not important. Only these stats make tank from your "tank". In 70 lvl dungeons it still will be 450+khp and 57+k def. Does your tank have so? If not then reason why he die too fast is evident. He just did not prepared to new mod and that it all.

2) First I had troubles with aggro too. Yes tanks no longer have one button to taunt all dungeon. But ways to 100% hold aggro on yourself still exist. I wrote guide about aggro in m16 in one of social webs in russian where I described these mechanics. But it will take too much time to translate it. So you only have to believe my word that tank can hold aggro using some of his features in right combination.

And small question here: are you sure that no one rushes forward before tank? Because as tank player I can say that of course then tank will have troubles with aggro. If somebody intentionally shoot in his own leg it is not fault of medics. If somebody intentionally roll in before tank it is not fault of tank that he can't hold aggro well.

3) Some healers can't heal while some heal very very well. Looks like it depends on player.

4) All mobs are on tank. So dds and heal should not care about their jumps etc :D

5) Yes some top dungeons are almoust uncompletable with random team. But it was same and in m15 wasn't it? Many players just still haven't adapted their build or playstile to m16. Prepared playrs deal much much more damage and survive much longer.

" Now bis tank at lvl 80 without scaling should have 675+khp "
    Since you are near or BIs,care you to post us your character pic showing 675k+ hp?

"having ~25% passive damage mitigation"
    There is a feat about 10% passive damage mitigation when your stamina is full,where you got the other 15%?

"Item level is not important"
    Fine.You claimed that.Please can you post us a video with succesful run at ECC with you and 4 9k players?No scrolls please.Thanks.

"But ways to 100% hold aggro on yourself still exist"
    Ok,if you go step by step I mean step by step the while dungeon and DPS follow maybe that is possible.Which is unrealistic cause melee DPS need to get in range (TR/GWF).So you will lose aggro at one point ,cause tanks do no damage.

"So you only have to believe my word "
    And you can take mine that nothing of your claims is true.Take my word.

"Some healers can't heal while some heal very very well. Looks like it depends on player."
    depends on the DPS not on the healer.If the DPS can kill fast the ads,then healer can heal less players cause ads do less damage.TTK ratio is short and healer can manage this.

"Yes some top dungeons are almoust uncompletable with random team. But it was same and in m15 wasn't it?"
    In Mod15 only CR was difficult .FBI/MSP and others could be pulled of by only a decent or two players.Since you claim it is the same,do msp with one player good and the others at 11k.Is it fair my question isn't it?

"Prepared playrs deal much much more damage and survive much longer"
    Since prepard players-as you I suppose?- deal much much more damage in Mod16 and survive much much longer,then soloing an entrance dungeon of mod15,would be a piece of cake?
    I used to solo dungeons in the past ,FBi etc.Not VT cause it was kindergarden's job.Since now you cliam players are more moe stronger,can you please solo VT with your tank?I am just curious.

Thank you.
    I misinformed you. At cap tank should have ~760+khp.

My character has no all of different items wich give hp so I have only 570khp.

About 25% damage mitigation:
    +3% from potion.
    +3% after taking hit more than your 15% hp from armor.
    +3% from boots wich also reduce movement speed by 10% or 15%.
    +3% from bracers when your stamina is more than 75%.
    +3% from pants when your stamina is more than 75%.
    +10% from feat.

About aggro:
    You have to use [Knight's valor] on your best dd and then use [Enfored threat]. With KV you'll stop agro generation of your ally. With ET you will jump on 1st place in aggro list. And then with stolen threat by your KV you will go far away from all your dds.

About item level:
    I also wrote that "Item level is not important. Only these stats make tank from your "tank". I meant that there are a lot of tanks who have 3k or even 4k item level more than me but summ of their defensive stats is still lower so they just mathematically can't absorb as much damage even having much more expencive equipment. And of cource no one talks about soloing CR with 9k character or something like that.

So, all this stuff is the only difference between prepared and not prepared players. NWO is old game so everybody play almoust same. Probably only lack of information like this and these stats create troubles with content.

In this thread I also wanted to say that don't hurry with blaming developers if something goes wrong probably you just haven't adapted to new mod yet. Just ask experienced players on your server about different features if you want to learn more (almoust 100% of them are responcive). And that is all.

Ps: I'll repeat it again that I am not boasting here or something like that. Just writing my opinion.

Problem is most theorycrafters/build testers moved on from the game from what I see. There were tens of builds for each class on other sites about mod 10-11 but I cant even find one GF tank build for mod 16. I am not saying I cant find one suited for me. There is no build on a site where there were tens of builds before.

I am a casual gamer. I dont have hours to test builds and see which build is better for this sitty mod.Even there are some echantmens work and some dont. How about putting your builds for us to see so we can customize for ourselves instead of screaming "people just dont know how to play the new game"

I cannibalized my mod 15 build for some sort of hybrid build and ended up with 310k HP and 70k defense. I dont have any legendary mount or companions or purple insignias. I run around with 0 stamina when doing FBI uphill or ME with 3 runes. They drain my stamina with just one normal hit(NOT RED ZONE). Screw the ME. I dont need anything from there but not being able to tank FBI giants is not fun for me.

Also most old dungeons/skirmishes mechanics were designed for old META where everyone can heal and contribute to DPS. You have to start creating old dungeon/skirmish mechanics from scratch if you want to create new playstyle for the game.

One question to everybody. You have to catch and burn the messenger Orc's HP when doing FBI uphill run. Have you seen anyone managed to kill the Orc before it calls reinforcements? You have to bind/paralyze/freeze that mob before it reach its target but new encounters are slow so Orc gets freed from its bind and run away until your encounter is ready again. This is one example how new playstyle doesnt click with dungeons which was made with old playstyle(burn everything with 1-2 encounters).

Edit: Same thing with ToNG's 2nd and last boss and MSP's last boss. You have to kill MSP's last boss before curse kills you in the last phase but most people dont have that much dps to burn down the boss or heal everybody while curse keeps draining you until you die.
    dolrey said:

@dsn1118

You can't find new build for m16 because players still test different skills items or mechanics.

Also I don't fully understand why number of builds on some can characterise state of the game? There are still a lot of people playing this game. Just players who like to write different guides probably haven't adapted yet to all of new changes to write something.

It doesnt mean anything about games state but most new players dont have any guide about what should be done or shouldnt be done.

People already finished their builds. Most BIS alliancemates were in the preview for a month testing builds and mechanics. There are not much mechanic left for tank Fighters. 4-5 useful encounter and 2-3 feat that boosts them. Most endgame players already finalized their builds but they wont share them. The ones who shared them already gone from the game as I said before. I looked for info about companions,bolster bonuses for a month until some samaratian explained to me in the forums. Some alliancemates just posted developer blog link about companions and didnt explain anything else.

Most casual players will build something(like me) since there are no builds published by build testers and try to do dungeons with suboptimal builds and either couldnt finish dungeon or get kicked from groups. Then they will try again, fail again. Until they will get bored of this whack a mole and leave the game. You need at least 11-12 legendary companions for a build. That means 5-10m becomes garbage if you get half of the companions wrong while trying builds. You will also need to spend AD for purple insignias. That is not a little amount for casual players.

You can say "leave the game if it doesnt interest you anymore". I am waiting for LoMM to come online. I will collect my keys for 20 days until VIP ends if it is as hard as CR then sayanora Neverwinter until mod 17.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Cookie-cutters, greatly despised and also greatly sought after :D ... even after the system was simplified to make it more difficult to make accidental bad choices
    edited May 2019
    dolrey said:

dsn1118 said:

dolrey said:

@dsn1118

You can't find new build for m16 because players still test different skills items or mechanics.

Also I don't fully understand why number of builds on some can characterise state of the game? There are still a lot of people playing this game. Just players who like to write different guides probably haven't adapted yet to all of new changes to write something.

It doesnt mean anything about games state but most new players dont have any guide about what should be done or shouldnt be done.

People already finished their builds. Most BIS alliancemates were in the preview for a month testing builds and mechanics. There are not much mechanic left for tank Fighters. 4-5 useful encounter and 2-3 feat that boosts them. Most endgame players already finalized their builds but they wont share them. The ones who shared them already gone from the game as I said before. I looked for info about companions,bolster bonuses for a month until some samaratian explained to me in the forums. Some alliancemates just posted developer blog link about companions and didnt explain anything else.

Most casual players will build something(like me) since there are no builds published by build testers and try to do dungeons with suboptimal builds and either couldnt finish dungeon or get kicked from groups. Then they will try again, fail again. Until they will get bored of this whack a mole and leave the game. You need at least 11-12 legendary companions for a build. That means 5-10m becomes garbage if you get half of the companions wrong while trying builds. You will also need to spend AD for purple insignias. That is not a little amount for casual players.

You can say "leave the game if it doesnt interest you anymore". I am waiting for LoMM to come online. I will collect my keys for 20 days until VIP ends if it is as hard as CR then sayanora Neverwinter until mod 17.
    NWO has no competetive part between players like some other mmos. No one forces new players to play all days long to reach caps. They will not lose to somebody if they will not gain bis equipment as fast as possible.

Yes no one will take them into end game dungeons without proper equipment but this is normal for every mmo. There is a lot of content for beginers. Most part of dungeons/skirmishes in this game is exactly for beginers. So I don't think that they will have no content having no bis equipment.

Noreover developers greatly trivialise process of gaining equipment for comfortable gameplay. So I would say that developers care more about casuals than about end game players. In this context it is not bad.
    I am not talking about caps or BIS gears. Most people dont know how to build basics of their class(including me). I was not using paying any attention to my mountain bonuses until this mod. I dont know which one I should choose as a tank for example. I need power/arpen/critic for campaign zones and missions but I also need defense/deflect/critic avoidance for dungeons and group plays. Do I have to buy 10 different mount for 2 different loadout? What about companions? Do I need 6 different gear and 12 enchantment for 2 different playstyle? How much stat do I need for defense? Some says mobs have 57k stats in dungeons so do I need 57k defense to prevent 57k arpen in level 70 dungeons. Does that mean do I have to get 100k defense for my tank? They say defense cap at 50% but which 50%?Is it enemies arpen+ 50k stat? or is it enough to just have 50k defense in level 70 dungeons? What about critic avoidance? What about deflect?

All these parts are question marks in my head since I cant find any collective data about these things. Old system had percentages and we would know what to aim. Hell my stats started to get lower in level 70 dungeons with my ilevel started to get higher. Most casual players are having these difficulties since most of them cant even figure out how to farm resonance stones.

One person scowled at me in skirmish because I didnt play as a tank. I said I didnt queue as a tank but DPS so I dont want to play as a tank(I had the highest DPS). He said you are fighter so you are supposed to play as a tank. I asked then where is healer(We were 5 dps) he said why should I care about heal? Point is most people is not even aware which class goes where and what is the difference between skirmish and dungeon.

They were trying to make game easier for newbies but they managed to confuse casual players/newbies more than before

• dawndilion#7316 dawndilion Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    To go back to the original point, I think NW is the first mmorpg for a lot of people and they really don't understand or know how things work. Thinking back to my WoW days, I remember my first dungeon and running ahead on my dps in my first dungeon and getting yelled at. Now, 15ish years later and too many mmorpgs to count, I know better.

We see it a lot with 8k bemoaning that they need help in Barovia. *We* know this is a progressive mmorpg and typically every new mod should be progressively harder than the last and you need to progress to get to the point where you don't get one shot when Night Terror so much as looks at you. New players don't understand that. Years of playing and experience has taught us that. But newer players just don't get it. And I'm not sure what the *fix* is other than just trying to explain it it 😕
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    dolrey said:

dolrey said:

dolrey said:

Some words about tanking first.
    1) Probably you had not so good at tanking tank. If somebody was top tactician in m15 it doesn't mean that he is good tank (because calling tactician tank is just a joke). Now bis tank at lvl 80 without scaling should have 675+khp and relatively well equipped tank should have about 570khp (having ~25% passive damage mitigation and overcap of defence as well). Item level is not important. Only these stats make tank from your "tank". In 70 lvl dungeons it still will be 450+khp and 57+k def. Does your tank have so? If not then reason why he die too fast is evident. He just did not prepared to new mod and that it all.

2) First I had troubles with aggro too. Yes tanks no longer have one button to taunt all dungeon. But ways to 100% hold aggro on yourself still exist. I wrote guide about aggro in m16 in one of social webs in russian where I described these mechanics. But it will take too much time to translate it. So you only have to believe my word that tank can hold aggro using some of his features in right combination.

And small question here: are you sure that no one rushes forward before tank? Because as tank player I can say that of course then tank will have troubles with aggro. If somebody intentionally shoot in his own leg it is not fault of medics. If somebody intentionally roll in before tank it is not fault of tank that he can't hold aggro well.

3) Some healers can't heal while some heal very very well. Looks like it depends on player.

4) All mobs are on tank. So dds and heal should not care about their jumps etc :D

5) Yes some top dungeons are almoust uncompletable with random team. But it was same and in m15 wasn't it? Many players just still haven't adapted their build or playstile to m16. Prepared playrs deal much much more damage and survive much longer.

" Now bis tank at lvl 80 without scaling should have 675+khp "
    Since you are near or BIs,care you to post us your character pic showing 675k+ hp?

"having ~25% passive damage mitigation"
    There is a feat about 10% passive damage mitigation when your stamina is full,where you got the other 15%?

"Item level is not important"
    Fine.You claimed that.Please can you post us a video with succesful run at ECC with you and 4 9k players?No scrolls please.Thanks.

"But ways to 100% hold aggro on yourself still exist"
    Ok,if you go step by step I mean step by step the while dungeon and DPS follow maybe that is possible.Which is unrealistic cause melee DPS need to get in range (TR/GWF).So you will lose aggro at one point ,cause tanks do no damage.

"So you only have to believe my word "
    And you can take mine that nothing of your claims is true.Take my word.

"Some healers can't heal while some heal very very well. Looks like it depends on player."
    depends on the DPS not on the healer.If the DPS can kill fast the ads,then healer can heal less players cause ads do less damage.TTK ratio is short and healer can manage this.

"Yes some top dungeons are almoust uncompletable with random team. But it was same and in m15 wasn't it?"
    In Mod15 only CR was difficult .FBI/MSP and others could be pulled of by only a decent or two players.Since you claim it is the same,do msp with one player good and the others at 11k.Is it fair my question isn't it?

"Prepared playrs deal much much more damage and survive much longer"
    Since prepard players-as you I suppose?- deal much much more damage in Mod16 and survive much much longer,then soloing an entrance dungeon of mod15,would be a piece of cake?
    I used to solo dungeons in the past ,FBi etc.Not VT cause it was kindergarden's job.Since now you cliam players are more moe stronger,can you please solo VT with your tank?I am just curious.

Thank you.
    I misinformed you. At cap tank should have ~760+khp.

My character has no all of different items wich give hp so I have only 570khp.

About 25% damage mitigation:
    +3% from potion.
    +3% after taking hit more than your 15% hp from armor.
    +3% from boots wich also reduce movement speed by 10% or 15%.
    +3% from bracers when your stamina is more than 75%.
    +3% from pants when your stamina is more than 75%.
    +10% from feat.

About aggro:
    You have to use [Knight's valor] on your best dd and then use [Enfored threat]. With KV you'll stop agro generation of your ally. With ET you will jump on 1st place in aggro list. And then with stolen threat by your KV you will go far away from all your dds.

About item level:
    I also wrote that "Item level is not important. Only these stats make tank from your "tank". I meant that there are a lot of tanks who have 3k or even 4k item level more than me but summ of their defensive stats is still lower so they just mathematically can't absorb as much damage even having much more expencive equipment. And of cource no one talks about soloing CR with 9k character or something like that.

So, all this stuff is the only difference between prepared and not prepared players. NWO is old game so everybody play almoust same. Probably only lack of information like this and these stats create troubles with content.

In this thread I also wanted to say that don't hurry with blaming developers if something goes wrong probably you just haven't adapted to new mod yet. Just ask experienced players on your server about different features if you want to learn more (almoust 100% of them are responcive). And that is all.

Ps: I'll repeat it again that I am not boasting here or something like that. Just writing my opinion.
    You are about 200,000 HP over what most tanks I have seen play in the game. At least on the international (Dragon) server there are several issues with things that provide HP to players not working. Most importantly boons that give HP haven't worked since the new mod went live. Remove 250,000 HP from your toon and see how well you tank all of these dungeons before telling everyone that they are whining when the issue is with either scaling of stats or things not working correctly compared to the Russian server. Since you are also that much above what I am seeing in regards to HP you might also not be scaled as hard as the dragon server in regards to other stats. In other words, you might be playing on easy mode while we are complaining about things since we are playing a harder version of the game. That is all just a theory as he looks to be a Russian player commenting on the game.
    First of all I am not sure that our versions of game are different somewhere else except language. I have listned something about hp boons and on our server too but I remember that when I was respecing in first days of m16 my hp increased when I chose hp boons so I am not sure that they does not work.

This means that we all are in same conditions (no metter does hp boons work or not because we have same versions). We play same game with same ways to get stats. And as you can see some players adapted to new content so it means that it is not fault of developers that some players did not (or just do not want). Everything is possible even without tons of money (for example my character is relatively cheap) so everything is only about you.

And of cource probably I would have troubles with tanking having 250-300khp on my tank at lvl 80. But why it surprises you that much that low geared tank or tank with wrong build/equipment can't tank end game dungeons? It is in every mmo and it is not about developers.

Yes developers turned off "god mode" of characters in m16. Yes they did a lot of changes. Yes we have to change our builds to adapt to changes (and players who haven't done it yet have troubles with content). Well amount of bugs is still high but all these things happened and in 90% of other mmos. But I see all this HUMSTER storm only in NWO. So may be it realy is not about developers if some players in same conditions feel themselve well? Maybe it is all about players who just do something wrong?

Ps: of course it is always easier to find somebody else to blame instead of asking yourself "what I did wrong". So I think that logic of many haters will not lead to anything good.
    The hp boons 100% don't work right now on the dragon server. That has been reported for a VERY long time. If yours are working that IS a difference in the game. That means that there are possibilities that other differences exist.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Okay. I've had a bit of a grumble about the scaling and the state of the dungeons generally. I mean it's not just the scaling - there's also the bugs, e.g. I was in Castle Ravenloft at the weekend where the last boss wasn't beatable owing to a game crash for whoever got sent to the other realm...

But moving back on the topic of the thread, I think there is some truth in what the original poster of this thread is saying.

I've just been in a Kessel's Retreat as healer. I spent most of my time running around in circles tanking all the mobs as the tank was completely clueless as to what his role was supposed to be. It was almost comical to watch him chasing after 1 mob e.g. a ranged mob, and hack that while I was running around in a circle with about 5-6 melee mobs chasing me...

In my previous life, in another MMORPG, this person would have been subject to the Vote Kick immediately...

But it wasn't just the tank. There were dps who thought it was their role to pull the mobs and then were surprised that they died in <1 second. It's been a few weeks now since this patch has come out. I can't believe so many people still haven't grasped the basics of the roles yet... Sure everyone has to learn somewhere, but if you try and help people in /party then you are just greeted with silence...

After struggling on to get to the last boss, which became a complete wipe-fest, I gave up and left. Kessell is probably far too difficult for random groups - at least based on skill level of players I saw in that group.

I gave this dungeon 40 minutes of my time. I wasn't the first person to leave, but somehow I got the deserter penalty. I don't think that is how it is supposed to work, but hey ho, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to bother with any more PvE content in Neverwinter and will be collecting my keys for the next 69 days of VIP and then parking my characters until there's been some improvements to the game.

Maybe I'll return to that other MMORPG game I played for so many years. I mean, I've had a year's break from it now...

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Wait so some guy is using broken SH upscaling to claim tanks should have 700k+ HP...

Yeah... lol...

With Successor gear, new Neck/Waist, Artifacts for HP, a good selection of HP insignia and over 50k from my pet with Rank 13 Radiants for all defence slots on toon I have 500k HP.

At this point that’s “good gear”, expecting far more HP than that is ludicrous.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Because my gear involves the 2nd highest iL stuff in the game for equip, a set of the highest iL neck/waist and a legendary Augment and I’m at 500k, I could pass 510k, maybe, if I maxed out Con.

I have a HP focus in my gear and have nothing like 600k HP.

So maybe HP is calculating differently for Paladin and Fighter, but those numbers are just not something I’m seeing.

But then I have 100k Power and capped ArP and Awareness and play a class that cannot leach aggro off anyone else. Maybe with your trash offensive stats and leaching aggro you can tank, but that isn’t going to work for the other 2 tank classes.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • roguedemonhunter#1500 roguedemonhunter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

I think the scaling system brought the game closer to the reality. When you pass 70, each additional level is noticeable burden, no matter what trinkets you wear or how many potions you drink you simply can't perform that well any more. And when you reach 80, the situation is borderline bearable and suddenly you succumb even to some little things that you would have hardly even noticed when you were younger...

Absolutely. We are at 71 plus "over the level hill" apparently. Dottering, elder advntuerers that play a decent game of bridge, lawn bowling or shuffleboard at Undermountain Acres Senior's Health Center. Alas lord help us of we step out of those safe, shady acres. ;p