test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

call me old fashioned

2»

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    OK, OK...fixed. "bear" changed to "gear" ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Okay then @krumple01 explain to me the reason behind our "trade house" in Neverwinter being the only one using the AD? Star Trek and Champions are linked to the gold standard. I can only get the gold from actual game play, when something I killed drops it.

• My first and foremost suggestion, is to remove AD from the AH and set it up to using gold as the other 2 games do.
    • My secondary suggestion would be to make an AD market items can be purchased only, not resold in the AH.
    • My final suggestion to do away with any Zax issues, is to shut it down as it only leads to pointless debate. If I need Zen, I will buy it.
    There you go, pick one.
    But do you think about the consequences or the result of doing such things? I play STO so I know what you are talking about but the games are drastically different in their demands. Players utilize ships in STO and many of those hardcore players want all the ships. The ship is a major part of playing STO so it's importance is much greater than anything in NW. There is nothing that has that much importance in NW that is based on Zen. You could try to claim that companions or the combination of companion and mounts are the ship but really they are no where near the same impact.

Removing AD from the AH is fine but what are we to spend AD on? 90% of the ad floating around in the game is fixated on the AH and what it can pull. Remove this and you drastically reduce the incentive to acquire it. If you only need gold for the AH you place gold at a greater importance. So then what? Do they nerf all the ways in which players obtain gold in the game? Or do AH prices for gold prices go insanely high? Where now you have two roads eating your demand. First the Workshop eats gold, and then what they drastically reduce the return on picking up garbage loot in dungeons and reduce the copper pieces to that of 1 or 2 pieces in the dungeon?

The thing is in STO the health of Refined Dilithium has many uses where as in NW there is very little use for Astral Diamonds.

Just you suggesting to shut the ZAX down proves you don't understand why its there and why its even important. Your claim that it creates unnecessary debate proves you don't understand it. Not to mention there is a similar exchange in STO which you sited earlier as having a better functioning system. So if it works there why are you not suggesting they too shut theirs down?

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Champions sells classes, vehicles, cosmetics, powers, oh yeah - I bought a penthouse too. These are not a major part or important at all to game play, but they do sell. It is NOT about what they sell in the zen store. By your statement above, Champions should have shown a backlog ages ago.

Neverwinter economy is greed driven by the following facts;
    • Player needs a key to unlock loot box
    • Player needs VIP to get keys
    • Player needs Zen to get VIP
    • Player needs AD to Zen
    The difference on STO and Champions;
    • Player needs a key to unlock loot box
    • Player needs gold currency to get keys from the player market
    • Player plays the game
    While it is possible to convert crystal base currency (questionite) to zen, gathering gold is a much more simple path to your goal, and that is how the majority of the players do it. No matter which game you are playing the only way to get zen for the crystal based currency is for someone to sell their leftover zen to the crystal market.

You see, I also know this all to be true, because I have purchase zen for Champions and I had leftovers and sold them in the crystal market. I did the same on Star Trek (I think about $20) I was only there to learn the Foundry back in 2012. Then I got here on Neverwinter, I never spent a dime. I quickly realized the AD market was driven by the Zen. Early this year, I purchased more slots on Champions. I am thinking about getting a moonbase for Champions.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mrbogusmrbogus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    krumple01 said:

This doesn't happen in a real economy. There is a "static" amount of currency in circulation.

This actually made me lol, until you stated...
    krumple01 said:

No! Another person who doesn't understand anything about economics.

That's kind of rude coming from someone who doesn't know much about economics to begin with. Referring to the first quote, you mean to tell us countries print the same amount of money during a recession? Better yet, one country's currency isn't destroyed when converted to another's after paying a dept to that other country? Now let's just keep focus on the game.
    krumple01 said:

Increasing this cap in NO WAY causes inflation because the AD is only moving around not being created.

OK, so let's simplify the math since it's late, and the outcome would pretty much be the same as far as inflation goes:

player buys 1,000 @ 500 per = 500,000 AD
    player buys coal ward for 1k Zen (yes...we'll ignore sales/coupons/etc...not important)
    player sells coal ward for 520,000 AD in AH

we get a ZEX cap increase to 750

player buys 1,000 @ 750 per = 750,000 AD
    player buys coal ward for 1k Zen (yes...we're still ignoring sales/coupons/etc...not important once again)
    player sells coal ward for 770,000 AD in AH

You can see how the price went up from 520k to 770k, so now tell me how that's not inflation at it's finest.

I know this is a bad example using coal wards when there are better things to use, but bottom line is it doesn't matter what you use.

I do hope you see your errors.
    Post edited by mrbogus on
    mrbogus said:

This actually made me lol, until you stated...

Yeah because you have no ability to read nuance into a comment. Of course I am well aware that governments print money or the money gets exchanged into other currency.
    mrbogus said:

That's kind of rude coming from someone who doesn't know much about economics to begin with. Referring to the first quote, you mean to tell us countries print the same amount of money during a recession? Better yet, one country's currency isn't destroyed when converted to another's after paying a dept to that other country? Now let's just keep focus on the game.

yeah as I stated you have no ability to read nuance into a comment. I am well aware of this but you cant figure that out. And your sill example below you made several mistakes not just once but multiple times.
    mrbogus said:

OK, so let's simplify the math since it's late, and the outcome would pretty much be the same as far as inflation goes:

player buys 1,000 @ 500 per = 500,000 AD
    player buys coal ward for 1k AD (yes...we'll ignore sales/coupons/etc...not important)
    player sells coal ward for 520,000 AD in AH

we get a ZEX cap increase to 750

player buys 1,000 @ 750 per = 750,000 AD
    player buys coal ward for 1k AD (yes...we're still ignoring sales/coupons/etc...not important once again)
    player sells coal ward for 770,000 AD in AH

A player is not buying coal wards for 1k ad. You repeated this mistake twice. You mean 1k zen.
    mrbogus said:

You can see how the price went up from 520k to 770k, so now tell me how that's not inflation at it's finest.

I never said there wasn't inflation. Its the value of AD that has dropped and has NOTHING to do with the ZAX cap. You are still only talking about the symptom of having billions of AD being added into the game each day.

100k x 10% of the active player base = the amount of AD being added into the game each day.

This number is huge.
    mrbogus said:

I know this is a bad example using coal wards when there are better things to use, but bottom line is it doesn't matter what you use.

I do hope you see your errors.

You are ONLY looking at the effects of massive amounts of AD being added into the game each day without any sink. The whole reason the ZAX backed up, the whole reason to increase the ZAX cap. The thing is the cap needs to be set even higher. Zen is still worth more than 750 per 1 zen.

The funny thing about those coal wards, is in mod 15 to mod 16 their demand has plummeted. You are better off using a stack of pres wards even if your upgrade is 1% due to the streak breaker mechanic. So anyone buying coal wards at 770k on the AH haven't done any testing on the streak breaker.
  • cassandaracassandara Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    rockkk52 said:

I have seen quite a lot of chat in game that criticizes many aspects of the new mod. I recognize that having an unplayable dungeon is not good as well as not being able to finish randoms daily. But I feel like i have to say some of the good experiences i have had in this mod as well as praise the devs for making such a move even if it wasnt executed perfectly from day one. MY friends and i toiled through a long elol that lasted about 30 mins. It was quite tough. Having to avoid the red as well as the fireballs. Not just face tanking. Clearing that dungeon was about the most fun i have had in the past 4 mods. My friends agree. I applaud making old content challenging again.
    Perhaps I am more patient than most, but I don't expect perfection immediately. The changes to content are doable in most cases. 3 of us trio-ed the lonelywood BHE last week for the challenge campaign. Yes the content is slower but the challenge aspect makes it more rewarding in a sense of achievement. For those who seek fast dungeons and hate grind what i have said probably seems silly. But i play rpgs for the grind, the toughness, the achievement. If it is easy then its not worth doing.

I will never understand the people that say things like it is better now that it is harder. If it was too easy you could have made it harder all by your little ol self. Take off your enchants. Put on armor that has less of an item level. You tell the Devs. good job. But what about the people that find the game too hard now? People like you have ruined this game by telling the Devs. that it needed to be harder and good job when you could have done it yourself. Not everyone agrees with this ridiculous "upgrade". Some people are gaming for the fun of it. Just because they are not as good at the game as you is no reason they should be penalized. Nobody should be penalized for being too high of a level. If it is easier at the target level but harder for a higher level character then it is just broke. Penalizing people for not completing something at level is just ridiculous. Not a good job at all. Neither is what you are doing now a good job. Praising them for this junk. Because of people like you, people will be leaving this game.
  • mrbogusmrbogus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @krumple01 sigh

You miss the point completely. I know players don't pay that much for coal wards, but bottom line it doesn't matter. Insert ANYTHING players buy in AH for a higher rate of AD than selling ZEN would bring. I just through some basic math as an example to show how the cap increase would only bring inflation, which you said outright it wouldn't do.

Also, nothing I quoited from you was taken out of context, they were just incorrect statements. There was no reason to quote any further. Just accept your mistakes and move on. Trying to talk around them like a politician won't get you far.

You are correct about AD being inserted into the market without a good coin sink for it though. Maybe they need to add more things into the AD market which are feasible to buy vs. in AH. At least most players are not reaching the 100k cap each day now; that's something to consider.

edit: you are correct about my mistake on the 1k AD; as I implied I was tired, but you were able to figure out what I meant; i.e. does it matter that much to you? It was 1 mistake made 2x (by copy->paste) not multiple mistakes. :P
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User

rockkk52 said:

I have seen quite a lot of chat in game that criticizes many aspects of the new mod. I recognize that having an unplayable dungeon is not good as well as not being able to finish randoms daily. But I feel like i have to say some of the good experiences i have had in this mod as well as praise the devs for making such a move even if it wasnt executed perfectly from day one. MY friends and i toiled through a long elol that lasted about 30 mins. It was quite tough. Having to avoid the red as well as the fireballs. Not just face tanking. Clearing that dungeon was about the most fun i have had in the past 4 mods. My friends agree. I applaud making old content challenging again.
    Perhaps I am more patient than most, but I don't expect perfection immediately. The changes to content are doable in most cases. 3 of us trio-ed the lonelywood BHE last week for the challenge campaign. Yes the content is slower but the challenge aspect makes it more rewarding in a sense of achievement. For those who seek fast dungeons and hate grind what i have said probably seems silly. But i play rpgs for the grind, the toughness, the achievement. If it is easy then its not worth doing.

I will never understand the people that say things like it is better now that it is harder. If it was too easy you could have made it harder all by your little ol self. Take off your enchants. Put on armor that has less of an item level. You tell the Devs. good job. But what about the people that find the game too hard now? People like you have ruined this game by telling the Devs. that it needed to be harder and good job when you could have done it yourself. Not everyone agrees with this ridiculous "upgrade". Some people are gaming for the fun of it. Just because they are not as good at the game as you is no reason they should be penalized. Nobody should be penalized for being too high of a level. If it is easier at the target level but harder for a higher level character then it is just broke. Penalizing people for not completing something at level is just ridiculous. Not a good job at all. Neither is what you are doing now a good job. Praising them for this junk. Because of people like you, people will be leaving this game.
    You honestly believe that the devs looked at player feedback and said "yeah, let's make the game harder"? If so, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya'. Here's how that really works: They look at their back end numbers, information that none of us are privy to, and determine that way too many people are soloing dungeons, and decide that they want to limit/impede that. Group content should be challenging, and leveling content should at least be "hard" enough to teach players how the game works. If they used my feedback on leaving the game because it was too easy, they waited an awfully long time to do so, since I left in 2013.

While I agree that not everything needs to be Dark Souls difficult, especially since I can't play Dark Souls, it's too difficult, it shouldn't be a case of "Well, there are skills I can learn/use besides the At Will skills, but why bother when those carry me through everything I'm doing" easy either. When I left, that's exactly where the game was. When I came back, it was almost still there, stack enough Life Steal and Regeneration, and you didn't have to do much else but whack stuff to keep your health up.

Believe it or not, there are players that will come in and check this out and like it, because they didn't have those crutches in other games they played, and they'll be just fine, despite the hyperbole thrown around about how bone crushingly difficult it is, or the outright lies of how dead leveling zones are. I haven't seen it from the starter zone all the way to the Dragon Well. Undermountain was packed the last time I was there too, and not just in the Yawning Portal.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.

rockkk52 said:

You honestly believe that the devs looked at player feedback and said "yeah, let's make the game harder"? If so, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya'. Here's how that really works: They look at their back end numbers, information that none of us are privy to, and determine that way too many people are soloing dungeons, and decide that they want to limit/impede that. Group content should be challenging, and leveling content should at least be "hard" enough to teach players how the game works. If they used my feedback on leaving the game because it was too easy, they waited an awfully long time to do so, since I left in 2013.

While I agree that not everything needs to be Dark Souls difficult, especially since I can't play Dark Souls, it's too difficult, it shouldn't be a case of "Well, there are skills I can learn/use besides the At Will skills, but why bother when those carry me through everything I'm doing" easy either. When I left, that's exactly where the game was. When I came back, it was almost still there, stack enough Life Steal and Regeneration, and you didn't have to do much else but whack stuff to keep your health up.

Believe it or not, there are players that will come in and check this out and like it, because they didn't have those crutches in other games they played, and they'll be just fine, despite the hyperbole thrown around about how bone crushingly difficult it is, or the outright lies of how dead leveling zones are. I haven't seen it from the starter zone all the way to the Dragon Well. Undermountain was packed the last time I was there too, and not just in the Yawning Portal.

Oh did i strike a nerve? LOL. And yea I am sure you know all about what the Devs. think because you are psychic. All I know is what I read on these forums. I am not psychic like you. The Devs. said this is what the players wanted. Some of the players are saying this is a good thing for them. What I said is they don't know how to think for themselves, in that they could have made the game as hard as they wanted without this auto scaling. So if all the people, like you, that are brain deficient could actually figure out how not to max out your enchants, armor, weapons, pet and so forth the game could be as challenging as you like. Even you dark souls hard. As hard as you like. The only this I can say about life steal is that there is one class that is supposed to have it. Are you smart enough to figure that out? Hmm probably not. Warlock are supposed to heal as they attack. Yea is a bit much for the other classes. But hey for no smart people like you, a suggestion is don't put anything into lifesteal if you don't like it. No points into life steal, and voila no life steal. See how easy that was? If it is too easy for you, try using your brain and figure out ways to make it harder. You really can do it. Believe in yourself. Now as far as the game being too hard for some people, because not everyone is a gaming god like you, it is not so easy to make the game easier. Literally the only way is to group up. So instead of being able to just play, they have to wait around to find someone to group with. Now I get this is difficult for you, but do you see how much easier it was to make the game harder versus how much harder it is now to make the easier? If not read over the post a few times. I believe in you. You can do it. You don't need no thinkin crutches. LOL.

Oh did i strike a nerve? LOL. And yea I am sure you know all about what the Devs. think because you are psychic. All I know is what I read on these forums. I am not psychic like you. The Devs. said this is what the players wanted. Some of the players are saying this is a good thing for them. What I said is they don't know how to think for themselves, in that they could have made the game as hard as they wanted without this auto scaling. So if all the people, like you, that are brain deficient could actually figure out how not to max out your enchants, armor, weapons, pet and so forth the game could be as challenging as you like. Even you dark souls hard. As hard as you like. The only this I can say about life steal is that there is one class that is supposed to have it. Are you smart enough to figure that out? Hmm probably not. Warlock are supposed to heal as they attack. Yea is a bit much for the other classes. But hey for no smart people like you, a suggestion is don't put anything into lifesteal if you don't like it. No points into life steal, and voila no life steal. See how easy that was? If it is too easy for you, try using your brain and figure out ways to make it harder. You really can do it. Believe in yourself. Now as far as the game being too hard for some people, because not everyone is a gaming god like you, it is not so easy to make the game easier. Literally the only way is to group up. So instead of being able to just play, they have to wait around to find someone to group with. Now I get this is difficult for you, but do you see how much easier it was to make the game harder versus how much harder it is now to make the easier? If not read over the post a few times. I believe in you. You can do it. You don't need no thinkin crutches. LOL.

No, but apparently I did? I'm basing my comments on being around the industry for a very long time. This isn't my first MMO, it's not even my 10th, I'm way past that. I was way past continuing to support this game in 2013, when it was so easy you could nod off during combat. So that's about 6 years of lost revenue, and revenue they'll never get back. I get it, they took away your ezmode, and your rage is palpable, I can feel it all the way over here, but I assure you, no matter how much you want to lay your anger and frustration at being exposed on me, I had nothing whatsoever to do with it. This update was 4 or 5 days from live before I came back, and then, I didn't even know about it until I did. So you can continue to lay your inadequacies at my feet if you wish, but know that I have absolutely nothing to do with how well, or how badly you play, that's all on you.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.

No, but apparently I did? I'm basing my comments on being around the industry for a very long time. This isn't my first MMO, it's not even my 10th, I'm way past that. I was way past continuing to support this game in 2013, when it was so easy you could nod off during combat. So that's about 6 years of lost revenue, and revenue they'll never get back. I get it, they took away your ezmode, and your rage is palpable, I can feel it all the way over here, but I assure you, no matter how much you want to lay your anger and frustration at being exposed on me, I had nothing whatsoever to do with it. This update was 4 or 5 days from live before I came back, and then, I didn't even know about it until I did. So you can continue to lay your inadequacies at my feet if you wish, but know that I have absolutely nothing to do with how well, or how badly you play, that's all on you.
    LOL. I get it. Even with the answer right in front of you. If the game was too easy, that was, is, and always will be your fault. You could have made it as difficult as you wanted at any time. And who cares if you even run the industry. That has nothing to do with the fact that you could not figure out how to make the game more difficult to your liking. So everyone has to pay because of the likes of you. When you joined, came back is meaning less. Not everyone is a gaming god like you. Some people even have real life disabilities, which prevents them from becoming a god like you. Everyone is different and all of your - Well I have been around this industry since the inception oh nearly thirty yeas ago, blah, blah, blah. I am not even talking game mechanics other than this is not D&D. It really isn't. They now need to change the name to something else. Tell you what somebody like you should do. Get the Neverwinter game for the computer. And no not the online one here. The one designed from the table top D&D. You should be able to detect all om your own this is not what Neverwinter D&D is about. Not even close. So yea rage on and try to make it everyone else fault while trying to defend your honor. The problem is you cannot defend your honor when you don't know what you are talking about. Who cares about all the other games you have played. This used to D&D. May Neverwinter D&D rest in peace.

LOL. I get it. Even with the answer right in front of you. If the game was too easy, that was, is, and always will be your fault. You could have made it as difficult as you wanted at any time. And who cares if you even run the industry. That has nothing to do with the fact that you could not figure out how to make the game more difficult to your liking. So everyone has to pay because of the likes of you. When you joined, came back is meaning less. Not everyone is a gaming god like you. Some people even have real life disabilities, which prevents them from becoming a god like you. Everyone is different and all of your - Well I have been around this industry since the inception oh nearly thirty yeas ago, blah, blah, blah. I am not even talking game mechanics other than this is not D&D. It really isn't. They now need to change the name to something else. Tell you what somebody like you should do. Get the Neverwinter game for the computer. And no not the online one here. The one designed from the table top D&D. You should be able to detect all om your own this is not what Neverwinter D&D is about. Not even close. So yea rage on and try to make it everyone else fault while trying to defend your honor. The problem is you cannot defend your honor when you don't know what you are talking about. Who cares about all the other games you have played. This used to D&D. May Neverwinter D&D rest in peace.
    So your solution is that anyone that found the game too easy should just play naked, with no weapons, so that you can be carried through w/out ever having to learn even the basics of the game. I can see that being good for the health of an MMO... That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. I dealt with my issue: I left. I left because I knew that this was always going to be an MMO aimed at uber casual players. The evidence can be seen just reading your posts in this thread. "But you could have played naked with no gear and then I'd still have my Life Steal"... I'm not sure if this is funny, or sad.
    mrbogus said:

@krumple01 sigh

You miss the point completely. I know players don't pay that much for coal wards, but bottom line it doesn't matter. Insert ANYTHING players buy in AH for a higher rate of AD than selling ZEN would bring. I just through some basic math as an example to show how the cap increase would only bring inflation, which you said outright it wouldn't do.

Yeah and I repeated myself reminding you that you are ONLY talking about the symptom not the cause of the inflation. I have pointed out many times the cause. Every day new AD is being pumped into the game, its in the billions. ZAX has NOTHING to do with inflation, it is only revealing how LOW value AD has become.
    mrbogus said:

Also, nothing I quoited from you was taken out of context, they were just incorrect statements. There was no reason to quote any further. Just accept your mistakes and move on. Trying to talk around them like a politician won't get you far.

How about learn what the difference between cause and symptom is?
    mrbogus said:

You are correct about AD being inserted into the market without a good coin sink for it though. Maybe they need to add more things into the AD market which are feasible to buy vs. in AH. At least most players are not reaching the 100k cap each day now; that's something to consider.

No, I'm correct about everything I have said. You just don't understand it. ZAX has NOT caused inflation. It's the lack of meaningful AD sinks in the game and billions being added every day causes AD to lose value every single day.
    mrbogus said:

edit: you are correct about my mistake on the 1k AD; as I implied I was tired, but you were able to figure out what I meant; i.e. does it matter that much to you? It was 1 mistake made 2x (by copy->paste) not multiple mistakes. :P

Once again, I'm correct about everything I have said.

So your solution is that anyone that found the game too easy should just play naked, with no weapons, so that you can be carried through w/out ever having to learn even the basics of the game. I can see that being good for the health of an MMO... That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell. I dealt with my issue: I left. I left because I knew that this was always going to be an MMO aimed at uber casual players. The evidence can be seen just reading your posts in this thread. "But you could have played naked with no gear and then I'd still have my Life Steal"... I'm not sure if this is funny, or sad.
    LOL. You could wear a loin cloth. No one wants to see you naked. And again your brain fails you. Just wear what would make the game tough enough for you to find it fun. If being carried is your idea of fun well heck yea. What ever makes ya giggle. Oh and don't worry I am done bashing your poor manhood. I will not make another post after this one. I hope someone can explain to you that there is varying degrees to enchants armor weapons pets ect. Came to the realization, from someone else like you, that real D&D is my thing. Going to spend all my money I was going to spend here on ebay to buy some books I use to have. Leave all this FAKE D&D to the rest of Y'all. GAME ON DUDE GAME ON.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    ZAX cap got raised. Seems everything in the AH followed suit.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

LOL. You could wear a loin cloth. No one wants to see you naked. And again your brain fails you. Just wear what would make the game tough enough for you to find it fun. If being carried is your idea of fun well heck yea. What ever makes ya giggle. Oh and don't worry I am done bashing your poor manhood. I will not make another post after this one. I hope someone can explain to you that there is varying degrees to enchants armor weapons pets ect. Came to the realization, from someone else like you, that real D&D is my thing. Going to spend all my money I was going to spend here on ebay to buy some books I use to have. Leave all this FAKE D&D to the rest of Y'all. GAME ON DUDE GAME ON.
    Lots of people want to see me naked...

When I returned, I wasn't best in slot anywhere. Well, maybe I was, for back then, but playing prior to the update was still just as easy as it was when I left. None of my enchants were maxed, still aren't, and I'm still not struggling with "it's too hard". I have had my HAMSTER handed to me a few times, but mainly in the Dragon Well, trying to solo HEs when everyone's on different channels chasing dragons. I don't find that bad, I find that refreshing, content that's meant for more than one player needing more than one player is acceptable, in fact, it's preferred. But I don't support "nerf yourself so I can keep (insert mechanics here, because I see this argument in a lot of games)". It's as pointless an argument here as it was in DDO when I saw it there, and in swtor when I saw it there.
  • rockkk52rockkk52 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Robertthebard I think your point is valid. I'm sure many ppl who played neverwinter from beta or early early game felt similarly about the easiness the game had become up until mod 16. In response to cassandra there is a fine line between what is objectively too hard and easy and subjectively too hard or easy. I am not aware of your capabilities or skill set so i cant comment on your subjective sense of too hard or too easy. But i can say that when a group of TR's can cheat the system and clear Tong in a group of 5 the the next mod that drops as well as any geared class can solo msp with enough scrolls, that my friend is way too easy objectively. Any game that has such a low concept of difficulty in its end game is a sell out to casuals. I do admire this movement back to some kind of skill based play. AS to the comment of taking gear of and enchants I have heard those before but the miss the point. I, and I'm sure many others play the game to have fun as well as feel a sense of achievement. When one clears dungeons that not everyone can clear, that is achievement. When one strips naked because they have to to make the content challenging the achievement factor is not present. It just shows how bad the game is balanced that a reasonably seasoned players needs to go to such lengths to actually feel like he/she accomplished anything. Hopefully this clarifies things a bit.
  • rockkk52rockkk52 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    boy my grammer sucks. apologies