test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Q&A Stream Follow up & Next Steps

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in News & Announcements
UPDATE:
Part 1 of the written follow up has been posted here. The second part will be posted next week.
In addition, we have scheduled streams for May 21, May 30, June 4, and June 13. We are also planning a Reddit AMA for early June.

Greetings Adventurers,

Thank you to everyone who tuned into the stream yesterday. While we tried to get to as many live questions as possible, the speed of chat added some challenges. We've gone ahead and pulled the chat log and we will be reviewing it, gathering more questions, and are aiming to have a written Q&A follow up posted next week.

We are also planning another stream for the week of the 20th (Final date and time TBD). We will be providing a game status update as well as addressing questions on powers, classes, feats, stats, etc. Stay tuned to the forums and our social media pages (FB/Twitter) for more info!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Thanks for this. Communication is key. Games like Division are showing how it should be done. Don't be like Anthem though. Keep up the communication and tell us why things are implemented / done the way they are. People will understand if you tell the reasons.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    thanks
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i want LOW ping server tyvm.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    murattti said:

i want LOW ping server tyvm.

I think your problem is more with your geographical location, unfortunately.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Appreciate the quick follow up to the stream and look forward to the future answers. As others have said communication is so important, even if its not what people want to hear - bad news is better than no news.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Seeing as several people are complaining about server problems and lag and stuff. It isn't geographical location as much. I take it atleast half the chat was 'do away with the scaling' ?

No, he's been complaining about the lag even when others don't. I wasn't saying that lag isn't an issue, just that his is more because he's in Turkey.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @barbie#2808 said:
    > ...while most of the things were answered

Were they though?

The entire stream was bracketed in restriction of topics.
    There were dozens of important question about content, dungeons and scaling posted by known and respected founders, veterans, preview testers and theorycrafters that were ignored or equivocated.

Too bad, really.
    Many of us really wanted to give Mr. Foss a chance to prove he was listening.

Even a token gesture, by incorporating at least some of the closed and open preview feedback.

Nothing. Just platitudes, micro bug-fix promises and validation of the current trajectory.

In his letter "I am sorry" apparently meant "I am sorry that you don't get it".

I ain't sweatin it. Karma was watching that stream.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    It's at the 38mn time mark on the stream "the idea of a lot of the fixes and changes we've done to all the powers and classes are really so that pvp could be a lot more balanced". It's not scaling indeed.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    eolee said:

It's at the 38mn time mark on the stream "the idea of a lot of the fixes and changes we've done to all the powers and classes are really so that pvp could be a lot more balanced". It's not scaling indeed.

+1 million

not once did he say scaling was because of pvp folks !!! and I will not quote anyone here that falsely said otherwise
    in other threads you know who you are ...there are even beta testers of mod 16 with thousands of posts spreading this rumor and they are supposed to be good at reading / listening and comprehension and are supposed to be unbiased and not twist facts ..and those that did not even listen to the stream parroting other people and misquoting/ twisting like sheep
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Can we get...like an agenda? So we can submit questions that aren't way out in left field that other people are needed to answer? There were some great questions that weren't answered because the systems people were needed.

va8Ru.gif

Can we get...like an agenda? So we can submit questions that aren't way out in left field that other people are needed to answer? There were some great questions that weren't answered because the systems people were needed.

Yeah, a several of the questions were systems questions. :( Thomas is Lead Designer, I believe that mainly entails stories - like, where we go, what we do when we get there. Maybe that should have been explained a bit better before hand. I know he tried to answer some of the questions anyway, though a few were worded weirdly enough that I couldn't understand completely what was being asked either.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited May 2019

There is a BIG BIG difference between scaling and having a hard cap on content. Whilst the former was arguably necessary the later is not and NEVER will be acceptable because it devalues all of the time and money your player base have invested in their toons. It doesn’t matter whether you raise the item level from 11,000 to 12000 or 13000 I will still be capped making the money I spent on insignias, enchants, mounts, companions, artefacts and levelling them up pointless above a certain point. I appreciate that every new mod makes certain items less valuable BUT before MOD 16 those items were still benefiting me in lower level activities. Now they don’t, so please tell me why you consider it is worth my money levelling and buying anything for one or two mods. I do not regard that as being very cost effective. Oh and finally Cryptic sold the Chultan tiger, YOU decided on its stats knowing that it would be BIS. It is very disingenuous to pretend that it’s popularity caused a problem because YOU knowingly created that problem. If you wanted other companions used then you should have made them more attractive by increasing their stats. I would have spent real money on them but now I wouldn’t buy another companion for that real money because only you know when you are likely to nerf them .

the chultan tiger doesn't bother me. we got more than a years use out of him. although they should have made his bonus worthwhile still at least for certain people if not everyone. it's an utterly lackluster pet now. no one honestly expects a pet to be bis forever.
  • galopikusgalopikus Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Double AD weekend?!? What an insult to players! 100k AD/day takes almost no effort to make for someone who can run all 3 levels of random ques. And now you’re giving us double the amount of AD and NO WAY TO CLAIM THEM. We don’t need to be given double the AD amount; we need to be able to refine double the AD amount.
    Before the daily AD was restricted down to 100k/day my minimum income was 200k/day up to 468k/day with salvage on 13 alts. Currently I make from 70-90k AD from running through the daily 3 random ques, and the rest is filled in with daily activities that reward some AD or running weekly campaign quests that reward 4,500 AD each. There are 6 quests that offer 4,500 AD per week and I have alts that can run most of them or at least enough of them to fill out the 700k AD allowance per week. My point is; if you knew what was going on in the game you would realize that we need a greater allowance of refining Rough AD/day. With the full rewards from Random Ques only applying once per account, 200k AD/day might be an acceptable challenge.

For those wondering how to maximize daily AD gains from the random ques, it’s all about using alts. Yes, surprisingly, try as they might the use of alts isn’t completely defeated. The point of alts nowadays is to invoke on them and gather the bonus AD. Now, with bonus AD gathered on multiple toons, the objective is to have a set (2 or 3 characters will probably be enough) to run the level up que, a set to run the intermediate que, and one is enough for the advanced que. Why a set? Because as one character diminishes its bonus AD the others build them up, and as one reaches 0 Bonus AD you switch to another alt prepared for that level of random que and the cycle continues.
    In addition to the daily AD from Random que you also receive AD from the chest at the end of the dungeon (some might require a key), bonus AD is also applied to this. With all that effort you can pull 15-40k per random que, and that’s how you reach 70-90k/day just from random que. You can fill in the rest by running more dungeons or running alts through the weekly campaign quests the award 4,500 AD. If you don’t want to run alts through difficult campaigns just to unlock the weekly quests, I recommend doing Sharandar and Dread Ring as they are the easiest and don’t require campaign completion (from what I remember). If you do decide to unlock all weekly quests for maximum weekly AD, I think there are 6: Sharandar, Dread Ring, Portal of Tuern, another one in Well of Dragons, Icewind Dale, Maze Engine.