test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message from the Mimic King

12345679»

Comments

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

EDIT: for clarification, some questions were asking the same thing but worded differently (or some comments didn't actually have a question in them so we had to extrapolate) so 10 questions can be collapsed into 1. The ~40 questions does not indicate that we only see or believe there is that number related to a topic, but that is what we've compiled for today as part of stream planning.

Hey folks, we have gathered ~40 questions from this and other threads that are on topic for today. We also want to leave time for questions asked during the stream. We likely will not have time to address every question but we also plan on this being an ongoing conversation with the community.

I hope we are kept in the loop and that other issues are actually addressed because it isn't just the scaling that is killing my enthusiasm and desire to spend.

Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    adinosii said:

kopros666 said:

Try to play a manycoin bank heist run with no healer or tank, where you have to split to 2 or 3 groups to defend each side, and a ton of mobs hit you/stun you and all you have to do is run away leaving the vault defend less or die.

The idea of having skirmishes (with no class requirements) and dungeons (with class requirements) grouped together is probably that it allows you to get queues popping quickly. Basically any class that is in short supply and is needed for the dungeons will go there, while the "leftovers" will be sent to skirmishes.

Now, this is fine for the easy skirmishes like Master of the hunt or Dread Legion, which can easily be done by any combination of players, but it is somewhat problematic for the harder content, like the Manycoins Vault. In fact, even a premade group may have problems there, but that's a separate issue.

The point is that it's better to take longer to shoot for a random queue with a healer and a tank, and make it viable, than shoot faster with no healer/tank, resulting to a failure. Also lemme tell you, the majority of player base is very poor in skills/gear, that even in easier skirmishes like ToDG, IG or PoM I've seen party wipe outs. And you may say, a wipe out in skirmish is not a big deal, but the gaming experience is bad, which is what matters at the end of the day.

The other day, I entered RIQ queue and got folly with 5 dps (included my toon). It was a nightmare. It took us 35 min to complete because all toons kept dying. At some point 1 dps rage quitted, then a healer entered the party and we finally completed the run. So, it's not only the manycoin bank skirmish that needs attention, for sure.
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    adinosii said:

siggstar said:

Well seems the HP boons aren't working either....I rebuilt my boons cause I have way to much crit and changed the crit boon to HP boon, still same HP....and I think crit value is same aswell....

Sometimes such changes seem to only take effect the next time you log in. It seems a bit....erratic, though.
    Can confirm that it had changed after relog.
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    if they try to change the focus of this game to pvp they're going to lose a lot of people. pvp with this format will never be better than other pvp games. it's not what neverwinter does well. I can see why they'd want to do it. it requires a lot less effort than doing pve zones. but will definitely kill this game
This discussion has been closed.