test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Message from the Mimic King

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Hi folks! I'm going over the comments in this thread in preparation for tomorrow. Our main focus in regards to the Q&A will be scaling and scaling-related bugs so please keep that in mind if your question is unrelated and we are not able to answer.

Good to hear. I hope we get some acceptable resolution. As I have said before, if anything like what you have now goes live on the consoles, you will have a pretty big problem - those players do not have the benefit of having survived Mod 6 and knowing that even major screwups can be fixed over a period of a few months.

Hoping for improvements...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

kreatyve said:

lol at this recent stream of "content creator" jive. they deserve no more special treatment than anyone else. it's all a load of self important tripe imo. narcissism=content creator..

I appreciate those who do testing and create guides, (recently Rainers guide to mod 16 really has been indispensable for instance) those people are awesome. but this steady stream of opinion on youtube as some kind of omg stop the presses thing, everyone stop and listen you don't need to think any further!!!! is laughable at best. those people are welcome to their opinion and it's fine to express it. but those opinions are no more or less valuable than anyone elses opinion expressed here or reddit or facebook or elsewhere.

I agree. And when they start bad mouthing the game and/or the devs, and then in the same video, ask the devs why they don't listen to them, I find that especially laughable. It should be obvious why the devs don't even bother watching certain people, when all those people do anymore is bash on the game, the players, or staff.
    This can be said about people that are volunteer working for cryptic, or have something to gain from it, or are under a NDA. It should be obvious that they shouldn't have a say in it, right?
    Well before we go and judge everyone and call them biased, maybe we should give it a try and listen to them, people end up bashing the game for a reason, and that is patience, alot of these people gave hope that the game will ever be good again. Now developers its their choice if they want to listen to these players or not. I sometime criticize how things are done by the developers, i criticize alot of stuff, and i eventually end up being right, and i am not doin this for self importance, but i am just thinking for myself. And I am not on the side of content creators, neither on the developers side.

Currently the changes in module 16 are good ones, most people will never understand or adapt to them, because they are like you, i bet you problably do not like some of the changes, because you dont understand them and how good they can be for the game.

1. Class Revamp, the new class system split all of those powers and now we have a clear view of each path and what role is meant to have, everything is placed into categories: TANK, HEAL and DPS. Obviously the time was limited and they couldn't Perfect the system before launch, but they still made some classes viable, for the class i am playing i could say if @asterdahl had me in the alpha testing for the Barbarian class, i would say that the class would be finalized with the launch, but i did not get the chance to do so, and providing feedback on the forum aswell through the community team, it means that the feedback is going through layers and layers, if i would have a 1 to 1 chat with the developer that done the class, then Barbarian wouldnt have useless feats and Powers. And yes this is a fact and i am not jumpin on the wagon hate, i just think that if i could've influence more the changes the Barbarian class would've been in a better place right now. To put it simple i do like the new class system, its what i asked, but i do not like that he made alot of useless feats, class feats , dailies etc. So i do not hate the class revamp, i dislike the descriptions of the feats and many more, and obviously i am going to criticize them, for the simple fact that the Developer thinked they are in a good spot, when in reality they aren't, and alot of players aren't open minded like i am, some will not give it a chance, and some will give it a chance and use the useless stuff without realizing how useless the feats are. So what can it be done? It's simple the developer should listen and act on the feedback i provided.

2. Scaling, it was released with alot of problems, for my understanding there are mobs with higher level in lower zones, i do think the idea of scaling enchants, insignias etc. to a resonable level is not a bad one, only place i can see this to work the best is in PvP, because Scaling can balance the difference between endgame and new players. So why aren't developers doing that? i mean the idea of this was posted 1 year ago: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1240181/pvp-category-queues-details

3. Companion system: a revamp was needed, but alot of things were left aside, the developers never once mentioned how Companion influence is working for example, or Physical, Projectile and Magic damage works, this is obviously coming from MOBAs and is something they haven't told us how it works, or they will never will.

4. Level Cap increase to 80. Alot of Players requested it, but this is were the Community is wrong, what is the point of a level cap increase, we all leveled to 80 in the 1st day, now we are doing nothing, not only that but leveling from 1 to 80 is horrible now. Just think for a second you are a new player, and you level up your new character, it takes hours and hours to do useless questing, visting so many obsolete zones just to reach 80, alot of the new players are just quittin in Tower District, while the developers spent so much time on making new zones, new campaigns to make the previous ones obsolete, they never ever bothere to revamp the whole questing system, but now leveling feels so disproportinal, you level from 1-60 then 60-70 and then 70 to 80. The game felt much much better when leveling was liniar from 1 to 60, and developers should revamp the whole leveling system and make it liniar from 1-80, otherwise there was no point of raising the level to level up in 1 day. Not to mention that people hit lvl 80 and the only Content they can do now is Master Expedition and 1 Epic Dungeon, because the rest obviously are obsolete and unrewarding, back in module 1 leveling and the content at lvl 60 was much much better. The game now needs a huge revamp on making more than 1 Dungeon worth runnin per module, the game needs to go back to the way it used to be in mod 0, when people used to run more than 1 End game dungeon, and alot of systems that developers worked at them in specific modules need to be revived aswell, remember fishing, hunting, tarokka cards, Stronghold etc. Because i remember the hype of Thomas Foss in every stream of how great this new module goin to be, well now they are a relic of the past and 4 months of workin on a module means nothin once a new one comes out, so they need to make them difficult and rewarding, i dont understand why there should always be the best gear in the newest module. Streamlining the boons, campaigns, professions, feats etc. BUUUUUT do not streamline the adventurous part of the game, do not stream line Dungeons, and loot.. why LOOT is in vendors? make loot in Dungeons and let us sell it since the Dungeons need to be rewarding and difficult.

Conclusion is that i presented you with valuable feedback, and guess what the Community doesn't share the same opinion as mine, and neither will you... but i am still here hopin that Developers are going to read it, and procced on doing these things accordingly.
    The problem with allowing players to help FIX classes and only letting one or two players do this is that there tends to be bias towards the class causing an imbalance. For instance, if you get a player who works with the developers and likes things to be challenging he or she will work towards building the class so that it takes a bit of skill to use. If you have another player doing the same class it will come out completely different.

I think there are times when the devs should hear the players out such as when the CORE of the game is changing. Or if you add a new functionality like scaling to the game.

When it comes to class balancing it won't ever really happen and that is because each class should be different and offer unique play style. Because each class should offer a unique play style there should never be TRUE class balance. We should see some variance in damage for each class based on the combat situation. Such as one class maybe better at AoE and another at single target. A class that is somewhat good at both but never top at either, etc... When a game goes for balance what happens is each class become similar in play style. Look at what NWO has done to its self; we are now all spamming at wills. The prior mods did not have this as you had some classes that focused on quicker use of encounters and others that focused on usage of at wills where encounters compliment their at will damage. With now everything being similar the game is even more boring than it was in mod 15 and that is saying a lot.

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    krevg said:

1. Make all dungeons level 80 and remove capping, but keep IL scaling for power. This approach is likely the best. It does require adjusting creatures in the existing dungeons, but this has to be done a anyway to make them playable again. I also suggest only scaling power, as power is the measure directly related to damage. This way people don't go from having met the minimum stats to being reduced below the minimum stats in the older content, as is happening now. It also allows for character progression to continue.

The new level cap has made having any L70 content obsolete. People will typically spend only a week or two between L70 and L80. Therefore, the most obvious and best solution is 1 above, to make all current L70 content into L80 content.

No matter what, some sense of progression must be restored for NW to remain a viable world. Please take your own words to heart and consider the hundreds of player posts commenting on scaling and do something to truly address the core issues.

Talia (W)
    Taragon (DC)
    Tabbatha (OP)
    Tanya (F)
    Tasha (SW)

Apologies for abridging your post, but these are the points I want to focus on.

I've said this several times, and I'm glad someone else finally agrees.

Level 70 is no longer of any special importance. It is no longer any indicator of end game quality, but there is a tonne of Level 70 zones and dungeons that End game players will be expected to run until there is sufficient meat on the bones of Level 80 to spend the majority of their time in Mod 16 + content.

@mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

Please consider addressing this in the stream.

There was no need to increase the level cap.
    There are many points I could use to explain the mistake in raising the level cap, but we should look forward and aim to fix things rather than HAMSTER and moan about what is too late to change.

Instead of scaling down the player, consider scaling UP the content..

Changing the majority of zones to Level 80, and likewise the dungeons, would make things far easier to scale. It would not be a difficult thing to do, just painstakingly laborious.
    Leave a couple at 70 in the same way stuff like Sharandar is lower level, for those who for whatever reason take ages to get from 70 to 80.
    But it must be statistically near on impossible to run all the L70 campaigns without hitting L80 prior to running Undermountain.

So there is no point in it being L70 any more. People will still want to run Chult, Barovia, Dread Ring, (and if they are into S&M they may want to run Storm Kings Thunder...) but the irony will be that as they get better the lower level content will get harder, and that's just plain silly.

So please consider re drawing the stats for those zones, from Dread Ring or maybe Underdark to Barovia, to make them Level 80, and by so doing, give people the chance to run them without being down-scaled into the ground.
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I will be holding a Q&A during the May 7 Community Livestream at 11am PT.... So where is this? where do I tune in?
  • kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    After reading all the comments I think nobody can deny that Mod 16 is a completely failure and -as Oguz well said- 'all we needed is new content, new classes, new level cap, new dungeons ...'
    All I can say is that if Cryptic keeps on pushing this Mod and do not listen to his customers they will lose a lot of players and a lot of money.
    So, the best thing Cryptic should do now is to accept that Mod 16 was an error and get back to the former success formula.
  • kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I address an issue regarding the random queues system. As there aren't any life steal or decent self-heals, the new meta makes having a healer and a tank in any party the one and only way for viable playing. Given this, why the following dungeons such as manycoin bank, merchant's folly, IG, dread legion, master of the hunt, PoM, ToDG (guess what, all are skirmishes) place you most of the times in random pug parties with no healers or no tanks at all? Try to play a manycoin bank heist run with no healer or tank, where you have to split to 2 or 3 groups to defend each side, and a ton of mobs hit you/stun you and all you have to do is run away leaving the vault defend less or die.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @barbie#2808 said:
    > After reading all the comments I think nobody can deny that Mod 16 is a completely failure and -as Oguz well said- 'all we needed is new content, new classes, new level cap, new dungeons ...'
    > All I can say is that if Cryptic keeps on pushing this Mod and do not listen to his customers they will lose a lot of players and a lot of money.
    > So, the best thing Cryptic should do now is to accept that Mod 16 was an error and get back to the former success formula.
    >
    > It is not a failure, you should re-read them posts again.
    > new content, new classes, new level cap , new dungeons are the main problems that we see today, because they kept re-doing the same model, now we are back to level 1, remember why module 6 happened? because the content was becoming useless to run, now its the same, they need to make all of the content from mod 6 till mod 16 worth runnin, this includes the Dungeons and all of the systems togheter, and they should stop releasing a new module that makes the older one useless.

It doesn't really matter if you don't think it's a failure or I do think it's a failure. In the end, all that matters is what Cryptic feels is the best solution for them as a business.

All they wish to do is minimize cost and increase profit. If the changes in Mod 16 does that, they will continue down this path. If there incoming income decreases they will change their module.

You and other may like the changes, enough others hate the changes. Where the majority sits is where Cryptic will go with changes as that will be their biggest indicator of possible income
    kopros666 said:

Try to play a manycoin bank heist run with no healer or tank, where you have to split to 2 or 3 groups to defend each side, and a ton of mobs hit you/stun you and all you have to do is run away leaving the vault defend less or die.

The idea of having skirmishes (with no class requirements) and dungeons (with class requirements) grouped together is probably that it allows you to get queues popping quickly. Basically any class that is in short supply and is needed for the dungeons will go there, while the "leftovers" will be sent to skirmishes.

Now, this is fine for the easy skirmishes like Master of the hunt or Dread Legion, which can easily be done by any combination of players, but it is somewhat problematic for the harder content, like the Manycoins Vault. In fact, even a premade group may have problems there, but that's a separate issue.

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    theodate said:

I will be holding a Q&A during the May 7 Community Livestream at 11am PT.... So where is this? where do I tune in?

@theodate it will be at
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Okay barbie girl,
    If Mod 16 is not a failure, what is it then? a success? :s

(btw it is becoming very obvious that you are not a normal 'user' so better take off your 'user' mask, lol)
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User

Oh yeah.. the final boon that reflects damage is not working anymore at all...

Well seems the HP boons aren't working either....I rebuilt my boons cause I have way to much crit and changed the crit boon to HP boon, still same HP....and I think crit value is same aswell....
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Game is going down the pipe so fast.. most of pppl i know of who put rl cash in game are already gone..

You guys only seem to be able to nerf stuff that can help or give some fun to players.

The real issues never get fixed, those that damage players. Game is full of those bugs.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2019
    EDIT: for clarification, some questions were asking the same thing but worded differently (or some comments didn't actually have a question in them so we had to extrapolate) so 10 questions can be collapsed into 1. The ~40 questions does not indicate that we only see or believe there is that number related to a topic, but that is what we've compiled for today as part of stream planning.

Hey folks, we have gathered ~40 questions from this and other threads that are on topic for today. We also want to leave time for questions asked during the stream. We likely will not have time to address every question but we also plan on this being an ongoing conversation with the community.
    Post edited by nitocris83 on
    siggstar said:

Well seems the HP boons aren't working either....I rebuilt my boons cause I have way to much crit and changed the crit boon to HP boon, still same HP....and I think crit value is same aswell....

Sometimes such changes seem to only take effect the next time you log in. It seems a bit....erratic, though.
    aratech said:

Or they could just do what every other MMO does and release actual, new, bloody, content.

Well, the campaign is "new content" that lasts for a few days - the ME's last for a couple of weeks until you have gotten everything you can from there, and then there is LoMM - which will take a bit of time to exhaust, so to speak.

There was actually a lot of "new" content in the form of Foundry stuff - some of which was of really good quality. Still, people were not enthusiastic about playing it, because the developers were never able to solve the issue of how to make foundries give acceptable rewards, without it being possible to exploit them.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As long as we have this rotten scaling system in place, it makes fixing the other issues less important. Boons and enchants could have their value returned but as long as our stats are getting gutted in the majority if content, what does it really matter?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As much as angst and anxiety goes, I would say, try to keep it in reason.. trust me when I tell you, I am no fan of over the top forum moderation, but calling for peoples jobs and such, seems a bit out line.

Its not like Im pro company either.. I think most of the forum mods could tell you that.

Im pro-player(as in things that are good for players, more value less grind1).. but still, no need to get nasty over simple thing like a game.. at the end of the day, its just all a game, sure entertainment that many of us put money into, but still..

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    the Roles of the tanks should have special combat ability.

Paladins gain +1 vs undeads/demons/planars
    Barbarians gain +1 vs creatures/contructions/shapeshifters
    Fighters gain +1 vs humanoids/elementals/giants.

taunting varied on the class, whereever their primary nemesis are more potient than other tanks. where paladins can out taunt fighters on undeads if both are in the group. sort of fighter's taunt boost paladin magnify factor and stronger together, same as for fighter gain extra boost vs giants from paladin's taunt if used.
    reason why, i would like to see them tanking like tag-team, perfect for raid format.

this is my personal belief for tanks to have prime nemesis.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    Is there any hope for Fighters, Paladins, and Barbarians to get more engaging, less restrictive feat trees like the Ranger, Rogue, and Wizard?

Is there any plan to make it easier for players to gauge their effectiveness in a given zone? Either through a "your crit chance (etc) in this zone" section of the character sheet, a tooltip on your stats that says "reduces damage from critters in this zone by", or, worst-case, something on the map screen that tells you what ratings critters in that area have? Not only is it hard to evaluate itemization choices, it's very difficult to even some bugs (like the seeming elevated Deflect rate for critters, or the possibility of Crit Resistance applying to healing)
This discussion has been closed.