test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Arbiter dual pip system

mtlmortismtlmortis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
It's kludgy and the additional punishment of it being overwritten if you use an alternate encounter or at-will to those already collected is nonsense. It's really a layer of complication that does not make for interesting gameplay merely a frustrating experience.

Either use up the accumulated radiant or burning pips when using an opposite power/at-will and restore our mana or just let us accumulate them both. Preferably just get rid of the whole split pip nonsense and just have everything cost "mana" and generate a generic pip.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1, Q, and left click-one type of pip, 2, R, and right click, the other type, and have E as your utility power. Helps keeps things separated mentally and don't just button mash.
  • sittarahasittaraha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree with the OP. The Cleric is now so cumbersome to play with added mechanics. The new mechanics clutter the screen while creating unneeded and unwanted multitasking such as combat, positioning, tracking burning/radiant pips, and divinity management.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Playing cleric 6 years this July and this is the third version for me. I like it better than the last and as far as Arbiter dps/soloing, better than the original.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    pitshade said:

Playing cleric 6 years this July and this is the third version for me. I like it better than the last and as far as Arbiter dps/soloing, better than the original.

Arbiter is a fun concept, but it needs more work to be competitive and engaging IMO. The slow pace is a real issue for me.

I'm torn on Arbiter because I want to congratulate asterdahl on his creativity and also (gently and professionally) poke him until he finds a way to help the balance of encounters vs. at-wills flow a bit more smoothly and rely less on RNG mechanics.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    See, the RNG is what keeps you engaged, IMO - did you proc a Sudden Verdict? Will your next SJ auto-crit? If you're not paying attention, that stuff will be missed. If you're on top of it, you'll be taking advantage of the opportunities they provide (either more DPS, or fast Divinity generation).
    cdnbison said:

See, the RNG is what keeps you engaged, IMO - did you proc a Sudden Verdict? Will your next SJ auto-crit? If you're not paying attention, that stuff will be missed. If you're on top of it, you'll be taking advantage of the opportunities they provide (either more DPS, or fast Divinity generation).

The other side of that is that, if RNG is not in your favor, you are in for a very sluggish experience. Skillful proc management is important, but no amount of skill will mitigate the effect of bad luck.

Statistically speaking the results likely even out over time, but the more subjective "feel" of the class is also important.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    I'm a relatively skilled player in our guild, and I'm not having fun at all with this.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    i like stopping in combat to pray. makes me feel real useful. I also like having to save divinity for clutch heals, also makes me feel very useful. hold down mouse button.. wait for it .... wait for it.... wait for it.... heals needed drop BOH quick. Wooo that was close, i'm such a great health stone
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

i like stopping in combat to pray. makes me feel real useful. I also like having to save divinity for clutch heals, also makes me feel very useful. hold down mouse button.. wait for it .... wait for it.... wait for it.... heals needed drop BOH quick. Wooo that was close, i'm such a great health stone

Of course Devout is a better health stone!

Devout heals aren't on an 18 second cooldown!

:trollface:

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    opsy
    Post edited by raziel2004#7353 on
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    After plunking around with a quick respec when the mod dropped this week I actually took time when I respec'd to read up on how to stat my DC. I'm a PVE type of player.. group play is fun but I just prefer to waste time in the game.. Once I got things in place I went and ran some content. I still have no idea what I'm doing.

For Pips. You have the red ones which generate with the left mouse (or right if you have that at will set) and Yellow for the right. (for me)

I fill up all the red ones then I throw Searing Javelin and then there is one Yellow. what I don't get is when I then left click and start to fill up the Red pips (I chose the feat to instantly fill up pips) the yellow fills up completely. is that how it's suppose to be? one would think it'd fill up what I was going for.. I swapped out FF for Daunting Light as I believe that is for the Yellow pips. It's more brainwork to pair things right.. but like with all changes you just get use to it.. I will never get used to no having my AOE attacks.. I don't like having single point attacks for most of my dps. ah well.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    @b0rkch0p - what you're seeing is a bit of delay from Sudden Verdict - your Searing Javelins add 1 yellow pip, then SV kicks in and tries to fill the yellow pips - while you had started casting Lance (red pip generator).

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    one question.
    break the spirit increase 100 magnitude per judgement or doesnt matter the number of judgment?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

one question.
    break the spirit increase 100 magnitude per judgement or doesnt matter the number of judgment?

It is 100 mag per Radiant judgement pip.
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User

vorphied said:

cdnbison said:

The other side of that is that, if RNG is not in your favor, you are in for a very sluggish experience. Skillful proc management is important, but no amount of skill will mitigate the effect of bad luck.

Statistically speaking the results likely even out over time, but the more subjective "feel" of the class is also important.
    add to this the fact arbiter has no proc based damage (unlike other better performing and smoother to play dps classes) and you start to see why many of us feel its not enough.

if the offense companions like grung and death slaad were more viable then arbiter could get away with just spamming scattering light for 90% of all combat, but they are hardly worth trying to make a aoe damage build with.
    Speaking as of AOE build, Arbiter probably one of the best AOE classes out there at the moment, however single target we are slacking and that is a fact.

• tomboy13#0703 tomboy13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @mtlmortis said:
    > Ii tryed to log in on pc game neverwinter but it wont let me in
    alfalolz said:

vorphied said:

cdnbison said:

add to this the fact arbiter has no proc based damage (unlike other better performing and smoother to play dps classes) and you start to see why many of us feel its not enough.

if the offense companions like grung and death slaad were more viable then arbiter could get away with just spamming scattering light for 90% of all combat, but they are hardly worth trying to make a aoe damage build with.
    Speaking as of AOE build, Arbiter probably one of the best AOE classes out there at the moment, however single target we are slacking and that is a fact.

Arbiter isn't very good at AoE at all except when mobs are weak enough that it can consistently chunk groups with Javelin. Daunting Light is pretty bad overall due to its issues, and if Javelin misses enemies due to elevation differences or its focus target teleporting or running off when you cast, it's basically wasted.

Other classes have a much easier time with consistent AoE damage than Arbiter does.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User

I'm a compulsive left-mouse-button-player. I check how many pips I have and then I press "Tab": wow! Divinity is back and now I can use a random encounter. In case "Divine Glow" is selected out of the random process: wow! More divinity to be spent and maybe the pips are full again (you know that feat doing the trick).
    The fight is over and it's now time to follow group along the dungeon. This is where I can show my dance skills: w + tab + w + tab + w..... oh WTF..what are those red wings on my back?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    vorphied said:

alfalolz said:

vorphied said:

cdnbison said:

Arbiter isn't very good at AoE at all except when mobs are weak enough that it can consistently chunk groups with Javelin. Daunting Light is pretty bad overall due to its issues, and if Javelin misses enemies due to elevation differences or its focus target teleporting or running off when you cast, it's basically wasted.

Other classes have a much easier time with consistent AoE damage than Arbiter does.
    You must be smoking something definitely.
    Arbiter is probably the strongest class speaking as of AOE. We are slacking on single target but aoe wise we are gods.

alfalolz said:

vorphied said:

alfalolz said:

vorphied said:

cdnbison said:

You must be smoking something definitely.
    Arbiter is probably the strongest class speaking as of AOE. We are slacking on single target but aoe wise we are gods.

Jumping to the "you must be on drugs" response is always classy.

No, Arbiters do not beat most other DPS in AoE, not with any consistency. Like I said, Javelin alone isn't enough to make them good. While Arbiter can spike with some impressive numbers under favorable conditions, most other DPS of similar gear and skill will deal more AoE damage over the course of a run since they don't depend as much on RNG and positioning.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH