test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: Stats and Mechanics

Comments

• patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Please fix - The tenebrous enchantment is not proccing under any circumstances. Please fix thank you
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Upscaling is also still broken.

These are my Level 70 stats when standing in PE.

These are my stats in the SH (Lvl 20 GH), scaled up to Level 80.

Broken in both directions.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I undestand the need of scaling on Dungeons (a good one not this one we have atm) but i will never undertstand or agree with scaling on isntances, the ones that will suffer with this are the new players that will have to farm boons there...

Again a LV 71 player should never be weaker in a Level 70 instance because he leveled, if it have to be a Cap it should be place on the stats on that instance not on your equip/runes enchants mounts... and that limit should work also for a Leveling player
    on dungeons /skirmishes.

The system you made is far to agressive, you limit stats to a stention that you turn invalid free gear you made to help starters

Compared to what we got would had being better if you had chosen (and stated) a Min Max Stat, for each dungeon and put a cap on end stats for all players no matter the origin of that stat, this would take from us the last remaining choices we have (since we would have to focus on all stats at same time) but would be better than "have your legendary artifact shield smashed by 3 goblins archers..."

If one of the idea was to make the system more easy to control, for me, at this moment this scaling youre trying to place need so many tweeks and manual setting that he's working against you...

I wish you guys working all the luck patience and strengh and coffe, on the days you will face ahead, you will need it...

I really wish that you can fix this scalling and bring to some good spot, i just dont belive on it anymore (for at least a few months)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

gripnir78 said:

I heard similar things from other game developers but it was always about how a specific thing, PS3, was holding them back. Well its been over a year now since PS3 was removed as a platform and the game graphics have not been updated or changed. New powers were not added, etc... I call these so called limitation that devs state as EXCUSES....

As for mod 16; it will impact Cryptic financials.

1) Enchantments and legendary mounts are not as impactful reducing revenue stream from players buying zen to acquire AD
    2) Players like myself who played many character bought stuff for many character will reduce the number of characters we play do to the extra time it takes to complete content
    3) Players that spend money will leave

All of these will financially hurt cryptic. Cryptic is betting Magic the Gather MMO as there is where most of their staff is assigned to as a project right now.
    I just wanted to add some feedback to this list

1 - This is very true. That being said, I do wonder if after launch there might be new better items in the Zen store to counteract the value loss of all existing stuff across the board. If this is not their plan kiss NW goodbye* (well speak to this at the end)

2 - Everything is NW will take longer now. This will send many existing players away. They just don't understand two points. One, people who play mostly solo now will NOT find groups to play with. If solo becomes a drag they are gone. Two, I am willing to bet the majority of NW actual playtime is solo for the non elite. These two facts combined is bad news for MOD16.

My thoughts, is that they plan on new players (who have never played NW before) to fill the void. That being said, with so much fun sucked out of the game I wonder how long new players will stay around as well, especially after they realise that buying stuff from the Zen market will be mostly as waste of money.

3 - I have no doubt they are not making MOD16 for the current Whales and moderate spenders as their spending has dried up considerably. Again, they are hoping new players will be buying Zen.

Now as far as my * above? If you really look at everything they are doing, from coding, to dumbing stuff down, to cleaning up the information on the screen, to even reducing the game to mostly at-wills, it seems, to me anyway, they are planning to port the game to either mobile or Switch. This will create a whole new revenue stream for them.
    I see the game being ported to mobile/tablets morso than Switch. Switch is actually a pretty powerful portable system; it could easily handle NWO as you can use the PS Vita if you wanted to play NWO. With that said, if they go portable and move it to mobile/tablet that definitely will add plenty of new players to the game and a bigger revenue stream than what console provided.

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Likely won't make it in for launch, but @asterdahl / @noworries#8859 I'd ask that you stop tying feats to
    more than one power. Having a feat affect one power is fine, and very much in line with 5e philosophy. The moment you include a second (Power X does something to Power Y), you are essentially making 2/3 encounter power choices, based on one feat. Unless the feat is exceptionallypowerful / useful, this completely takes choice away from a player. It's either take said feat - and the two powers it affects - or skip the feat for the alternative. In most cases, the alternative is a superior choice, if only because it doesn't limit the players choice of powers.

If you don't want to see cookie cutter builds from players, don't force players to build them
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Encouraging everyone to have the same build, same power rotation and same stats (when downscaled) will minimize the difference between players, which seems to be the primary (if unsaid) design goal of Mod 16.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    cdnbison said:

Likely won't make it in for launch, but @asterdahl / @noworries#8859 I'd ask that you stop tying feats to
    more than one power. Having a feat affect one power is fine, and very much in line with 5e philosophy. The moment you include a second (Power X does something to Power Y), you are essentially making 2/3 encounter power choices, based on one feat. Unless the feat is exceptionallypowerful / useful, this completely takes choice away from a player. It's either take said feat - and the two powers it affects - or skip the feat for the alternative. In most cases, the alternative is a superior choice, if only because it doesn't limit the players choice of powers.

If you don't want to see cookie cutter builds from players, don't force players to build them

Nope, I was overly optimistic. They fixed, like, one of these. There are still far too many feats that lock you to a specific pair of powers on your loadout.
    Post edited by fenrir4life on
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Bug: The "subtract" button for boons does not work for characters who had old boons.
    Steps to reproduce:

Open character sheet to boons tab.
    Click on any Tier1 boon to add a point to it.
    Click the "+" button once on any tier one boon.
    Decide you don't want that one after all.
    Click the "-" button on the same boon to remove that point.
    Error popup window opens reading: "There was a problem! The change you just tried to make will affect the purchase of these skills: [lists all of the old boons you previously had]", then asks "Would you like to remove these pending skills in order to continue?"
    Clicking "OK" does nothing. So you must click "Cancel" to exit the window, but then you cannot reallocate that point.

nm I found it
    B)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11097233
    Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I just noticed that the icon to use the Kuo-Toa slime power looks like a Masonic symbol :lol:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    https://ibb.co/xDqKD0j

I just finished the new campaign, all my equipment is level 70 and some equipments equipped in the companion are of the expeditions. I'm simply overflowing in almost all recommended statuses and this has intrigued me. Someone could confirm the correct numbers of cap max for Lair of Mad Mage ... already thanks.
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User

I just finished the new campaign, all my equipment is level 70 and some equipments equipped in the companion are of the expeditions. I'm simply overflowing in almost all recommended statuses and this has intrigued me. Someone could confirm the correct numbers of cap max for Lair of Mad Mage ... already thanks.

According to Enyo's mod 16 guide one should aim to use multi stat enchantments in gear as you will benefit more from those.He also provides a a cap list for stats.https://nw.mmominds.com/2019/04/22/enyo/
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    By encouraging everyone to have the same build, same power rotation and same stats (when downscaled) you effectively just killed theory-crafting and the fun of creating a unique build.

HOW does this happen in an officially licensed D&D product?

More importantly, how do we guild leaders defend this change to stem the flow of guildies leaving the game temporarily or permanently? What is the reasoning behind this decision?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    siggstar said:

According to Enyo's mod 16 guide one should aim to use multi stat enchantments in gear as you will benefit more from those.He also provides a a cap list for stats.https://nw.mmominds.com/2019/04/22/enyo/
    The build of Enyo as the prefor build of Unforgiven there is a specific focus on the Dex attribute (critical severity) for something that has 50% of activation and that makes the cd of the encounters (high damage power + daily power) much slower than they are already . As I'm tough there is this build and I believe in something opposite, I will continue with my own tests until I have more concrete data.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Bug: Critical chance for healing spells

As I was doing a couple expedition-runs as a healing paladin I had the impression that my critical chance for heals is well below the expected 50% (>70k crit rating) and so I ran some tests on different maps.
    Here are the results which confirm my impression:

Edit: Also tested healing on Warlock with Soul Reconstruction:
    Stronghold - 60618 Crit rating - 1009 total hits - 178 critical hits - 17.64%
    Post edited by greyjay1 on
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

siggstar said:

The build of Enyo as the prefor build of Unforgiven there is a specific focus on the Dex attribute (critical severity) for something that has 50% of activation and that makes the cd of the encounters (high damage power + daily power) much slower than they are already . As I'm tough there is this build and I believe in something opposite, I will continue with my own tests until I have more concrete data.
    My main is rogue, but now I think it's not that important focus on crit% since we have a limit of 50/50 of doing a critical hit. I'm testing a combat advantage focused building now and it's ok so far.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

siggstar said:

My main is rogue, but now I think it's not that important focus on crit% since we have a limit of 50/50 of doing a critical hit. I'm testing a combat advantage focused building now and it's ok so far.
    There's no reason not to build both. Hitting the effective caps on all offensive stats is a reasonable, achievable goal (after that you're just trying to balance by dumping excess stat points into Power and HP).

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    with 90k accuracy all mobs still constantly deflect my hits, from 70 lvl mobs when i was leveling to ME at lvl 80 ( dont include scaling that is broken ) fix this HAMSTER finally
    leonidrex said:

with 90k accuracy all mobs still constantly deflect my hits, from 70 lvl mobs when i was leveling to ME at lvl 80 ( dont include scaling that is broken ) fix this HAMSTER finally

I've been experiencing this as well, but without the ability to see what ratings mobs are SUPPOSED to have in the areas I'm questing in, it's impossible to verify that it's a bug... but it's definitely felt like mobs have better than a 50% deflect rate in a lot of the undermountain questing zones.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    leonidrex said:

WTF with that much accuracy your damage shouldn't be deflected...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    greyjay1 said:

As I was doing a couple expedition-runs as a healing paladin I had the impression that my critical chance for heals is well below the expected 50% (>70k crit rating) and so I ran some tests on different maps.

Just to check, what is crit resist on your heal targets? And could not be low chances of heal explained by crit resist?

greyjay1 said:

Just to check, what is crit resist on your heal targets? And could not be low chances of heal explained by crit resist?
    If crit resist is applying against heals, that's... a pretty twisted paradigm, if intended.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

greyjay1 said:

If crit resist is applying against heals, that's... a pretty twisted paradigm, if intended.
    But not unprecedented. Heals would routinely deflect back in the day, and were only fixed to stop doing that relatively recently.

And yes, the target's counter-stat mitigating heal crits was my first thought when I saw your post... would be interesting to see if heals can also deflect.
  • greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Initially I thought it would cause the issue, and so I wrote down the "Critical rating" and "Critical Avoidance rating", I also calculated the expected critical rate in the column "delta/100k".
    Assuming that crit heals would be countered by Critical Avoidance and a rating-percent conversion of 1k/1%, I'd still expect an effective 50% chance in the #1 test and 0% (-19.9%) in the 2# test.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    CRITICAL HEALS? Jesus...

I'm still wondering why do HEALS have a critical chance to heal, makes no sense to me at all. Heals should be directly affected by power itself and WIS attribute. That's it.

Having a critical chance to critically heal is downright crazy no matter how you look at it! Whose idea was that one???

Why not - CRITICAL TELEPORT instead? Chance to escape the mob's red circle without consuming much stamina?

Why not - CRITICAL SPEED, too? Chance to increase your AT-WILL attack the longer you shoot like crazy? Gain 5% increased attack speed the longer you attack?

Why not - CRITICAL DEFENSE, too? The longer you stand around, gain defense buff so that enemies can't really attack you. 5 sec standing still = 5% increased defense.

If there are already CRITICAL HEALS in the game mechanics at the moment, they should come with AoE powers like daily ones, that heal 100-200hp on 0.3-0.5 sec in a radius of 200ft for 10 sec. Each tick has a chance to critically heal in that scenario and only that scenario alone.
    In every other scenario heals should give equal healing based on Power alone.

If you already have critical heals on Clerics, then please, by all accounts, allow my Healing Potion to critically heal, too! Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to have critical heals unless you apply it to some form of a SPECIAL POWER like feature-based power, I dunno... "SURGEON'S PRECISION - CHANCE ON HEAL TO HEAL TWICE THE AMOUNT OF ABSOLUTE PAIN AND HAVE A LINGERING HEAL EFFECT FOR THE NEXT 20MIN".

Yeh.

Rant Over and out.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    siggstar said:

That guide is quite frankly not very accurate. He says for example that Accuracy is the most important stat (it isn't), and as far as the the multi-stat enchantments are concerned, that only applies if you have not maxed out your stats. Once you reach a certain number for most of the stats, any additional points put into them are basically wasted.

The exception are Power and HP, as they have basically no cap. For this reason, BiS players will possibly be focusing on (single-stat) Radiant enchants, instead of using multi-stat enchants which add useless points to some stats.

Not that it really matters that much. With the change from 1:500 to 1:1000 the effectiveness of enchants was basically cut in half, so now it is very hard to justify refining enchants from R14 to R15, for example.
    Hoping for improvements...

CRITICAL HEALS? Jesus...

I'm still wondering why do HEALS have a critical chance to heal, makes no sense to me at all. Heals should be directly affected by power itself and WIS attribute. That's it.

Having a critical chance to critically heal is downright crazy no matter how you look at it! Whose idea was that one???

Why not - CRITICAL TELEPORT instead? Chance to escape the mob's red circle without consuming much stamina?

Why not - CRITICAL SPEED, too? Chance to increase your AT-WILL attack the longer you shoot like crazy? Gain 5% increased attack speed the longer you attack?

Why not - CRITICAL DEFENSE, too? The longer you stand around, gain defense buff so that enemies can't really attack you. 5 sec standing still = 5% increased defense.

If there are already CRITICAL HEALS in the game mechanics at the moment, they should come with AoE powers like daily ones, that heal 100-200hp on 0.3-0.5 sec in a radius of 200ft for 10 sec. Each tick has a chance to critically heal in that scenario and only that scenario alone.
    In every other scenario heals should give equal healing based on Power alone.

If you already have critical heals on Clerics, then please, by all accounts, allow my Healing Potion to critically heal, too! Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever to have critical heals unless you apply it to some form of a SPECIAL POWER like feature-based power, I dunno... "SURGEON'S PRECISION - CHANCE ON HEAL TO HEAL TWICE THE AMOUNT OF ABSOLUTE PAIN AND HAVE A LINGERING HEAL EFFECT FOR THE NEXT 20MIN".

Yeh.

Rant Over and out.

Sure. Why should ANY stats be useful for healers? They already don't need accuracy, arpen, or combat advantage.

Take your strawmen with you when you leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Sure. Why should ANY stats be useful for healers? They already don't need accuracy, arpen, or combat advantage.

Take your strawmen with you when you leave, and don't let the door hit you on the way.

How did you conclude that? If anything, having to focus on only one attribute is more beneficial like Power than having to focus on three. And thus makes Healer's life easier since they already were building Power before. Aaaand if they, let's say, want to try out their DPS build in cases where the team needn't much heals, since there are builds that hit like a truck, Power is STILL more beneficial to them. If you need to build Critical Chance to heal, I see that as a broken mechanic that makes the life of Clerics harder.

I do not think you understood me. What I argue is the concept of a "Critical" healing, which sounds stupid. How exactly someone "Critically heals"? Can you explain me this concept through any sort of realistic scenario? Like, "I was walking the other day and I got CRITICALLY HEALED, thus my cheekbones turned bright red like in the days of yore."
    Like, how?
    Perhaps, instead of a critical heal something like "Any overflow healing transforms into a Temp HP" sounds better imho.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language