test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Claws of Malar quest (Arcturia)

elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
Could you look at this quest please? I don't mind if some of quests are more difficult, but this one together with rather questionable "working" scaling could be a total mess. Moreover I encountered several bugs - eg. all waves of cultists spawning once, mobs respawning on spawning location and mz character ending in neverending loop of deaths etc.

Maybe it would be nice to make at least a save point before Arcturia/her cultis 4 waves fight.

The quest is needed for progression, so people can get stuck here pretty easily...

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Ran it earlier on my rogue. Seemed that the first 3 waves spawned all at once. Last wave and the boss spawned normally.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    This quest is bugged as mentioned above. When I died and resurrected at the fire I was camped by the boss ......
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Anyway I would recommend to team up for this fight. Bosses are easy then, but expect annoying numbers of cultists in waves then.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Honestly, I have now taken (3) Characters through her:
    A CW 16K IL and at the same level as the area
    A DC 14K IL and same level as area
    A TR 13+K and one or two Levels above the area

The CW fought for her life, used a few health stones and
    The DC Faired a bit better and took a health stone or maybe two but seemed to kill in a timely fashion
    The TR was weird.... I killed her using 5 Encounters and a Daily... it literally took nothing. Stealth in, Dazing strike-Lashing Blade-Smoke Bomb, BLOODBATH - went Stealth, Dazing and Lashing finished her off.. I was almost in stock.

I agree, the mobs were relentless in that one! I had an easier time with her then the mobs. Not sure it's bugged or just designed that way but a rework on it would be nice. I has noticed that quite a few players called out for help with that one.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Done it on Wizard and now Cleric. The Cleric got the all waves spawning at once at the last totem spot. Those mobs also seemed to take less damage than the others had. It's hard to say for sure because I spent most of the time running in circles.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Completed with an HR at around 17K. Mobs were very troublesome, helped by jumping on the surrounding rocks to try and avoid them to some degree. Boss not difficult but single mobs usually much more straightforward for a HR.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Boasting about completion doesn't help at all. On contrary, it gives developer the idea that there is no problem with the quest. This quest is clearly bugged and developer need to look into it. The scaling is not friendly for player with bad stat or for a leveling quest either. Leveling quest should be doable for everyone and not just for certain group of people.
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I ran through it with a paladin so far. At least three of the swarms all spawned at the same time so I had something like 20 mobs flailing at me all at once. It was a pretty hideous death. But when I got back to the campfire they came one wave at a time. The problem was that there was not enough time between waves to restore all health or refresh the cooldowns. Had to burn a few stones to survive it.

Frankly this whole expansion seems like all encounters have more mobs than before. It wasn't unusual to have 2-3 mobs in a "pack" before in many zones and campaigns. Now almost all of them have at least 5. And these are leveling quests presumably designed for solo players. though Mod 16 feels like they want to chase solo players away (so far).
  • bahamut1978bahamut1978 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Normal content can be played with a character and a companion... This is what a loading splash screen tell us. This quest can't be played with a character and a companion, specially if downscaling hit you. Then, Arcturia comes in. I noted something funny: while we, as players, were left without lifestealing, Arcturia has it. After the first run, totally exhausted with health below 10% after killing the last cultist wave, she wiped my level 77 dread fighter with 12k il. After resurrecting, Arcturia went looking for my character into the camp. By then, I have seen what she could do, so I unleashed two encounter powers, then tried to run around her; she just spammed her beam. Got to raise shield, got all stamina depleted, still took some hits and Arcturia healed with each of those hits.
    At that point, I decided I have enough of that quest. It's the epithome of lousy quest designing, forcing players into a specific tactics, requiring them to use certain powers (otherwise, you are screwed) and punishing players for outleveling the content (that's even funnier, as that character isn't in a guild and the only experience boon it had was the one gotten from daily "praying" and it only affects 10k XP. Apparently, that fact made my character level at a much faster pace).
  • hades112#2205 hades112 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Decided to take a rest after dying multiple times to mobs. Since it is a mid range mission I would not expect to have to burn a lot of hard earned goods just to survive - sounds like a ploy to make us spend more. If this is going to be the standard from Mod 16 onwards then NW can kiss goodbye to me.
  • ninelostsoulsninelostsouls Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Decided to take a rest after dying multiple times to mobs. Since it is a mid range mission I would not expect to have to burn a lot of hard earned goods just to survive - sounds like a ploy to make us spend more. If this is going to be the standard from Mod 16 onwards then NW can kiss goodbye to me.

Me too. This is supposed to be a gateway to endgame character building. I'm givingup after a weeks attempting it. Shoudln't need to play in a group for this quest..
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    i have run that quest 3 times first with cleric needed to call in help
    next ranger tempest and i didnt even use a heal pot decimated her
    next with pally tank took an age but no deaths
    but then again leveling a cleric is always painfull anywhere