test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizard cannot move any more

flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
been watching this on my wizard

been watching this all over chat - each and every day

can't find this issue anywhere in the bug forum

from my experience this seems to be confined to the Thaumaturge ( I have both wizards )

somehow, somewhere, even when it happens from a different player in the area, using a Daily Power seems to start the bug. Actually there are multiple levels of this bug, progressively worse as Dailies are used.

First Level -- something strange happens that is otherwise inexplicable - like a black dragon appearing - but not part of that particular content and does not attack, or your character is forever in battle posture ( even while out of battle and can activate items on the ground )

Second Level - Something else inexplicable happens, and the first issue vanishes.

Third Level - your wizard remains in battle posture, unable to move except via the tab key.

often the error jumps straight to level 3.

Sometimes "defeat me" will reset the issue, more often you must reload character ( change character to self ) to regain movement, however this runs the risk of being thrown into a new shard.

There are chat reports that passing through a loading door will correct this too.

Only happens to my wizard - Thaumaturge never happens to my Arcanist.

Never happens to any other class.

Comments

• ellyriellyri Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am experiencing this on my thaumaturge as well. I have found that logging off and on works, HOWEVER, if you do this in an expedition, you fail the instance and lose that daily mission--just a heads up for others.
  • purpleadeptpurpleadept Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Having this exact same problem with my wizard. Anyone have any insight on this issue?
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I get the same glitch on my wizard too now and then :(
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • boonaru#4330 boonaru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am having this problem on my wizard as well. I have already put up a detailed occurrence of this happening in Master Expeditions. If you re-log you are removed from the Expedition and Sent to Yawning Portal. This also removes you from the quest so any runes you put down are gone, the quest is gone and you cannot pick the quest up an additional time. This has now happened to me 4 times now. I am extremely irate at this point. I don't only want the developers to fix this issue but should receive some sort of compensation.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Team is aware of issues related to this so we appreciate the additional info! I'll make sure it gets passed on!
  • sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I have this issue too and the only way I have found to get out of the stance is to hotkey Icy Terrain and cast it to get out of the stuck stance. It takes up a key on a spell you might not need or use, but it beats abandoning a dungeon you need.
  • sakkara#1578 sakkara Member Posts: 29 Arc User

I have this issue too and the only way I have found to get out of the stance is to hotkey Icy Terrain and cast it to get out of the stuck stance. It takes up a key on a spell you might not need or use, but it beats abandoning a dungeon you need.

This work-around failed today, so back to square one.
  • fladnagfladnag Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Had this happen a few times as well. Also on Thaum build (don't have arcanist) Been RQ'd banned because went to relog to hopefully fix issue, but chucked me out of the instance, and happened whilst doing MEs. Damn frustrating to say the least. I dont look out for how it happens, but it seems to occur randomly, no particular pattern.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Team is aware of issues related to this so we appreciate the additional info! I'll make sure it gets passed on!

and now the known solution to the issue removes you from a Master Expedition robbing you of your daily mission, its rewards and any runes you used

making it a waste of time and resources to do Master Expeditions

• purpleadeptpurpleadept Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Any update on this issue? It's still happening to me on a daily basis. Get stuck in combat mode and can't move wizard. I lose 1 or 2 attempts at Master Expeditions per day because of this. Only way to regain ability to move is log off which uses up the quest in ME. Have tried using in game help and their response is to move my character to PE which of course wastes 1 of my 3 daily ME quests and loses me the runes I put down. This is growing increasingly frustrating!
  • majkman1majkman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have been playing this wizard since the inception of the game and have encountered many bugs ... this one is truly frustrating in light of all the changes although it has been happening in occasional ME it has been getting worse ..yuesterday at 3pm EST

I entered my 3 allowed MExpeditions... froze in each one..... the old login trick failed and I was kicked from dungeon ... the caught on edge of hole and could not jump forward .. had to try to relog .. placed back in yawning ...lost that attempt .... tried 3rd time similar result ...Unable to complete my ME .. no rune .. no armour... no weapons .. no point ..... call me when you have a solution

Just tried alone today@12pm est ( because hate to let down group on a 3 rune group) result = walk froze tried jumping till hit an edge and could no longer progress
    wasted time, lost rune , got error [Error] Master Expedition Failed

Semi good news Managed to complete 3 ME without freezing ..or walk problem ..I replaced Scorching burst on At wills ..
    Not the build I was going for but allows me to complete the quests

Post edited by majkman1 on
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    It is now November 14th and my wizard (Arcanist) still frequently gets stuck, unable to move except for teleporting. Going to character selection screen and loading the same character fixes this but is not always practical. I have submitted reports on this, to no avail, so can only think to post here in the hope that it might be brought to your attention once again. Are you guys any closer to finding the cause of this please?
  • mrsfearshaldmrsfearshald Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    6 months later. At least the crickets sound nice?