test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod16 HR pvp build.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited March 2019 in The Wilds
Ok, so a lot of changes happened in the new mod, so I thought I'd better update my old pvp build.

Feats.

Use the single target dps feats.

Boons.

Ask whoever's next to you what they're using and use those.

Stats.

Inspect whoever's next to you and the ideal stats are more than that guy's stats.

Gear.

Use the dps gear. With the dps weapon enchant and the armor enchant that does something.

Mounts.

Have one, preferably quite fast. Also use insignias.

Hairstyle.

Optional.

Playstyle.

Just do what everyone else is doing, but better.

(Hopefully I'll have to edit this when the mod comes out but....).
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Looking at vordayn's post in preview about pvp, looks like HRs won't actually have a pvp build, or pvp at all.

Facepalm doesn't even begin to cover it.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    just to be debby downer. i really don't get why anyone likes pvp in this game to begin with. it's impossible to ever balance. only a couple maps. I've done A LOT of pvp over the years but only ever took a couple times trying it in this game to see it was a complete and total joke filled with angry ppl.

all pvp in other games has a share of angry jerky people but this game has a wayyy higher proportion than other games. it's weird.
    Dunno, when I started in mod 2 HRs were not desired in pve dungeons so I had to gear up my (then only) toon via pvp. Learnt to play in domination and have always really geared towards pvp with pve as an afterthought. You're right, it's always been full of asshats and exploiters but these last 2 mods it's managed to go even more downhill.

I'm thinking tbh, if the mod goes live without HRs being viable in pvp, I'm gonna call it a day.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

just to be debby downer. i really don't get why anyone likes pvp in this game to begin with. it's impossible to ever balance. only a couple maps. I've done A LOT of pvp over the years but only ever took a couple times trying it in this game to see it was a complete and total joke filled with angry ppl.

all pvp in other games has a share of angry jerky people but this game has a wayyy higher proportion than other games. it's weird.

Pvp has been pretty terrible since mod 5, but many of us remember the time (mod 2, more or less) when it was pretty balanced and fun. Its downfall was lack of attention from the devs, who have always seemed ok with giving the game away to GWF (their complaining is basically about not being a completely invulnerable one-button class) and TR (since mod 5) and allowing one other FotM class, and also the rise of premade groups queueing to beat up PUG groups, and the OCD no-life microphallic basement-dwelling pvp guilds that ruined the game for everyone else.

All the devs really have to do is wind the pvp game back to mod 2, except leaving us the solo-only queue, and incorporate warlocks and paladins and it would be fine.
    I have a few ideas, but we'll have to see, I'll give the new neverwinter 2.0 a couple of weeks and see how they pan out. With expections as low as mine are right now, I'm guessing I can only be pleasantly surprised lol.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    It took me hours upon hours to make a full paladin dps build for mod 16. And you just wrote "take dps stuff". I'm jealus lol
    Hey, I put literally minutes of thought into this build.

Minutes.
  • lasdkgflasdkgf Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey guys i'm totally new in game, start playing 4 days ago, now everything changed, i'm starting over my ranger what stats i need to increase? looking more to melee build ranger
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Hey @jonkoca don't hold out on us! Xbox PvP HRs could use a heads up on how to plan for Mod 16 given all the crazy changes...

Do we need we need to start getting 3 stat enchants to hit stat caps or are Brutals still viable? What about defensive enchants?

Do you need to overload stats like Crit/CA in PvP or is it better to go with a more balanced approach? (E.g. is it more effective to go in with Crit at standard PvE cap, or better to overload Crit significantly to overcome potential Crit Resistance.)

Is SSC still OP for active artifact or should we plan on upgrading 4 new artifacts?

MWIII neck/waist still good or should we plan on upgrading? Looks like the new Wyvern set gives you 33% faster AP gain than MWIII. If Snipe is OP for 1-hit kills in PvP that could be huge. The downside is that the set bonus drops runes for allies which seems pretty weak for PvP DPS builds.

The weapon set you can buy with tradebars actually seems like BiS for PvP Archers given that it can give you a max buff immediately vs a buff that grows over time. Your thoughts?

Looking forward to seeing your new build dude. Thanks in advance.
    edited May 2019
    Tbh. Sandfox, it's not looking good for pvp full stop, never mind individual classes. The few times I've queued this mod, no pop. Looking at the pvp chat, literally no-one playing. The leaderboard is blank, in that it doesn't show up.

Everybody is still gearing up through the campaign perhaps, but even then, you'd expect most people to have put some kind of build together by now, all I'm missing is my new alabaster mainhand.

I did have a practice match with a friend, a wizard, we didn't have new gear, just testing out powers. Some artifacts are op, the new total mirror damage boon makes things a bit silly if both of you proc it. HR powers are lacklustre to say the least.

I've heard GFs won't be a problem anymore, OPs and Dcs are supposed to be op, and as usual TRs are a mess. But it's all just hearsay atm.

Archer is dead, there's no way to buff your damage up for a oneshot, ap gain is so poor you'll die before snipe is up, unless you use ghost, which means no snipe... Combat will just get you killed as usual. A trapperesque build with marauders - like mod2 - at least gives you mobility, but cc is back worse than ever so good luck with that - I was wearing a trans elven, and my wizard friend's entangling held me strung up for maybe 5 seconds anyway...

Put it this way, I'm considering just making a tank build and nodehold lol.

In short, set up for pve, and hope the devs have some kind of pvp revival mod planned for 17.

Gear wise, buy a cheap weapon and armor enchant, highest level you can afford, any kind will do. Exchange them when the mod hits for a barkshield and a vorpal. Or buy them off the AH/trade for them if you're feeling rich, because the exchanged enchants are bound to account. Enchants, new 1000:1 ratio means tbh, they don't matter as much as they used to. Stick with whatever you have - but power has no cap so radiants are what I've held onto. Mount insignia are going legendary, with hugely magnified stats, and only purples can be refined, so buy them now - dominant are best, as well as a bunch of green ones as they are required to upgrade. Some of the mod15 insignia - ones with regen on them I think, not sure you'd better ask around - can be exchanhed in mod 16, so if they're cheap, buy them now as purple, and exchange them for dominants when the mod drops.

Arti wise, do tales of old. And prepare to level 3 new artis next mod. Wheel and ssc are toast. With scaling, stats are all over the place atm. And no-one to test on to say what's necessary anyway. Defensive stats in my opinion are doubly effective atm. ie. Whatever you opponent has, you'll need double the matching offensive stat.

If pvp does ever recover, legendary insignia wil be the line between pug and bis. Alas, mine are all blue lol. And with a price tag of around 6-10 million just for a full set of purples... I ain't gonna get them anytime soon, if ever tbh.

Anyway, gl, wish the news was better.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Ugh...that's rough. Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
    edited May 2019
    Oh, and btw. buy one tenebrous enchant, high as you can afford. They will be a thing again. ACT says my rnk 13 Tene counts for about 3% of my overall damage with an HP pool of 300k. (That's not difficult to get now). I did try 2 rnk 13s, but the damage stayed the same even with the increased proc chance.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Oh, and btw. buy one tenebrous enchant, high as you can afford. They will be a thing again. ACT says my rnk 13 Tene counts for about 3% of my overall damage with an HP pool of 300k. (That's not difficult to get now). I did try 2 rnk 13s, but the damage stayed the same even with the increased proc chance.

but not rank 15, rank 15 doesnt work becouse reasons. use r 14
    Would those reasons be crappy coding reasons..? Yes. Yes, I think they would.
    Ok, well I give up. I've tried to find the will to pvp this mod, but couldn't.

Someone else can carry the torch this mod. Good luck.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    ron#1747 said:

It took me hours upon hours to make a full paladin dps build for mod 16. And you just wrote "take dps stuff". I'm jealus lol

what were you thinking about, out of 10 or so powers only 5 deal dmg, and out of 10 feats we have only 4 do anything, you take 2 out of 4 feats and call it a build
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I am not sure the HR is meant to PvP this mod. Ignore that fact I am on page one and other decent HRs (all) are on the last (only four) page. I did not really have an impact in the game like I have prior mods. May be time to tap out of this game.
    The Legendary Outlaws