test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

incentives for pvp

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Posts: 152Member Arc User
edited May 7 in PvP Discussion
add more rewards to pvp, create some pvp-unique items, either for pvp domination or transmutation, so people will have more incentives to play. Nowaways there is hardly even 5 public match happen within one day (plz check records this is not exeggerating). For a big MMO game with complete pvp system, this seems wierd. Time to have some change for pvp @nitocris83
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• wemerywemery Posts: 178Member Arc User
    ya pvp is DEAD and bring back the old storming the castle because that is DEAD also :(
  • leonidrexleonidrex Posts: 394Member Arc User
    @superstevenshu big mmo? compleate pvp system? what? are we playing the same game my man ?
  • john#7584 john Posts: 1Member Arc User
    Das PvP bei NeverWinter war mal echt sehr gut ( die Betonung liegt auf war ! ) aber seit dem Bots Alarm ist das PvP total Sinnlos geworden. Wer ist und bleibt gerne der 100 %tige Verlierer ?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Posts: 3,260Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    Pvp is dead because of bugged items and players throwing games to help friends/guilds win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • bolcbolc Posts: 1Member Arc User
    agreed.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Posts: 42Member Arc User

Pvp is dead because of bugged items and players throwing games to help friends/guilds win

Plus whats left of pvpers is so extremely toxic that people arent quite "allowed" by them to play pvp with them with absence of broken bugged items.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Posts: 394Member Arc User

Plus whats left of pvpers is so extremely toxic that people arent quite "allowed" by them to play pvp with them with absence of broken bugged items.
    depends what makes it fun for you. i had a 9k PVP archer, campable of dealing around 200k+ dmg in a rotation. Was fun killing toxic scrubs in 1 rotation by a pleb archer that dies to reflect boons, runing around half naked. Their toxic PMs brought some warmth to my cold hearth.
  • lordnemesis1981lordnemesis1981 Posts: 203Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User

add more rewards to pvp, create some pvp-unique items, either for pvp domination or transmutation, so people will have more incentives to play. Nowaways there is hardly even 5 public match happen within one day (plz check records this is not exeggerating). For a big MMO game with complete pvp system, this seems wierd. Time to have some change for pvp @nitocris83

Now there are almost 0 public match. Hope that they will do something for bring back ppl in dominion, should be even easier now for pve player too do well enough in dominion. For sure a rewards, or , if now, some good item that can be acquired with glory, better then nothing. I reached a point where, i log in, prey, take my key, que for dominion, do all my master expedition. Not a single pop for pvp...logout.

• lordnemesis1981lordnemesis1981 Posts: 203Member, NW M9 Playtest Arc User
    Damn, another day without one damn que for pvp. I really dont understand what will happen add a random drop in dominion with the new equip , like is now for pve, maybe with a different %, but add them so ppl will join. well, time to logoff for today
  • bpstuartbpstuart Posts: 135Member Arc User
    2 birds with one stone could be felled with a few Changes.
    The game is often weak with simple theming items such as simple wizard robe Fashion items, a witch hate, some gaurd armor fashion pieces or other low level trinkets that won't ill effect PvE.
    These could be rewards for PvP matches. A PvP currency called "Bet tickets" or something could let PvP's gain rewards from friendly sparing matches with other players.

Seriously why is the idea of enticing players to play a game so hard a concept? There is an antiree PvP zone shoehorned into Icewind dale but not a " How about a freindly match for rewards" from sgt.knox and he gives you a cool hat or something.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Posts: 149Member Arc User
    edited May 24
    Since matches with decent teams takes 10 mins maybe add in rewards from early dungeons like kessels or shores.

Problem with rewards is people throwing matches (boon farming proved) and the same people with bugged items winning every match. Basically you would just be putting rewards in for those top teir people who will throw matches for a price.