test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FBI MSP CR after this last patch

iamsmokingone#2455 iamsmokingone Member Posts: 353 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
FBI isnt very hard, all 3 bosses die reasonably, the only issue here is all the enemies are on turbo, they move at a very increased rate and attack much faster as well. makes the "search for the ring of winter" phase a bit troublesome, but thankfully those mobs are relatively easily killed and do low dmg now.....our barbarian tank friend actually soloed all the way to the first boss and invited us at that point, took him 13 mins and he did not die 1 time.

MSP actually had no speed issues with mobs, and kabal is no longer immune but the aggro meter thing is broken, it showed out tank as having aggro almost the entire fight but kabal was attacking our warlock, also the fireballs are showing a different graphic, a red ball with no flames, and the ball you have to hit kabal with has no chains, so its hard to even see who its following, it randomly stops following anyone until you move close to it if its far away also, and it changes who its linked to at random. and at the phase where everyone gets chained and you have to kill the fire guys there was an extra ball at the end
2nd boss didnt have any bugs or issues.
3rd boss the tentacles have too much health, and also the portal things you have to kill, made this fight take MUCH longer than it should have, we had to take the entire team from tentacle to tentacle while our tank jumped into the portal and aggroed the boss.

Castle Ravenloft. Theft of Vitae is now blockable. or it is for barbarian. ours used the skill where he can never be reduced past 1 HP at that phase though. but he did try blocking it and it works. aggro meter is broken here, warlock had aggro the entire fight but the meter said the barbarian had it and the rest of us including the warlock had less then 1/4 the aggro meter filled. its nice chains does not just 1 shot you now.
2nd boss was completely bugged out. he initially 1 shotted our tank.....but after that he just stood there for about 3-4 mins as we wailed on him, a few times he randomly moved around the map at a VERY HIGH SPEED, didnt move far, then he all the sudden had a sword in his hand...another minute he was dead, never charged his sword, never did another attack.
all the enemies in this dungeon are on TURBO, they move wayyy to fast. this makes the part where you have to rush to the altar in the dark room as vampires swarm you VERY difficult. there is just no way to outrun any of the mobs in this dungeon now...
3rd boss was also on turbo, and he broke the dungeon, everytime he went to summon the Dopplegangers it would crash the entire parties game. we tried it 4 times then declared it unplayable

also a note about scaling for Castle Ravenloft, at 74,000 armor penetration (which required me to have a base of over 120,000) i was still dealing about 10% reduced damage to the enemies from inspecting my logs. so the proper armor penetration for this dungeon is now likely 76-78,000 which means at level 80 you would need to have about 150,000 armor penetration.....somehow this just doesn't seem right to me that i need to SEVERELY overcap all my stats based on endgame content to return to lower dungeons.....
Parwen Valerian DC
Rekk Talent OP

Comments

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User

also a note about scaling for Castle Ravenloft, at 74,000 armor penetration (which required me to have a base of over 120,000) i was still dealing about 10% reduced damage to the enemies from inspecting my logs. so the proper armor penetration for this dungeon is now likely 76-78,000 which means at level 80 you would need to have about 150,000 armor penetration.....somehow this just doesn't seem right to me that i need to SEVERELY overcap all my stats based on endgame content to return to lower dungeons.....

That is the only really issue I have with the scaling, You get to the cap for endgame content and suddenly find unless you are sometimes well over double that cap you are going to be less powerful when scaled into lower dungeons being at the cap wise. Scaling should move you based on the stat caps. if you have them for endgame at 80 you should have them at cap for all levels. One time I ended up in lostmauth my crit which is 15k over the cap was scaled to the point here I was criting between 10 and 15% of the time..... Which is just dumb, and will not even talk about armor pen there because that was even worse.

If you want to have some fun look at how effective your wep enchant is when scaled down. In undermountain content (which supposedly is not supposed to be scaled being the newest content but is anyway) for a lvl 79 runic encounter which shaves nearly 25% off my stats for 1 level... My rank 14 vorpal (max level) was scaled down to increasing crit severity by 7-8% from the 50% it is at level 80 fun fact 7-8% is basically half as effective as the lowest rank rank vorpal which is 15%..... just 1 level in scaling took my weapon enchantment and made it worse than if it was the lowest rank. Bondings are pretty harsh to the lvl 79 runic scaled the max rank 15 from 70% each to either 24 or 28% each.... just for being scaled a single level. Ironically its basically the same for those 2 for all the scaled dungeons and campaign areas. Scaling percentages need to be look at and fixed so things are nothing just being basically made completely worthless when scaled even a single level.

Yes I understand wanting things to be more difficult, but this is a very ridiculous way to do it making progress has to be rewarded if you want to have longterm players, and progress should not mean having to achieve double end game stats to be as effective at lvl 79 or lower as you are at level 80.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    CR last boss kill on one shot party. Then crash game for all player. Unplayable now....
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Please stop talking about scaling as a % system.

It’s not.

It is a hard cap applied to gear stats and enchants. Specific things are excepted from this.

You can have 70k in 80 and 70k in 70 if you do it with the right gear (theoretically).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Same here, the CR end boss crashed the game on me as well. We tried 3 times with same results.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

It’s not.

It is a hard cap applied to gear stats and enchants. Specific things are excepted from this.

You can have 70k in 80 and 70k in 70 if you do it with the right gear (theoretically).

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your post but it amused me that you spoke in absolutes and then wrapped it up theoretically.

If you're going to be so adamant with your first statement you should at least put forward an actual example of how you've achieved this not how you THINK you will achieve this.

Otherwise you're just saying "Stop making incorrect statements. My statement is correct, theoretically."

Besides, I want to know what you know lol.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019

It’s not.

In your theory all seems to be fine, but if I stand in TONG beside a maxed CW at IL 25k and he can reach those caps for offence, not to talk about defense stats, there is a big missmatch in scaling. Broken or crappy implemented no matter what, chose one.
    The lowest player had IL 16 and he even scrateched at 30k arp and accuracy was about 25k, lol, he dealt less than 1/10 damage of what the Wizard dealt in that run, not to talk about the fact that OP-tanks can´t handle actual content due to bugged staminagain , not sure what my GF can tell, did not care to level up.
    edited May 2019
    They did not break them, they took away all defense buffs, self heal, broken insigniaboni etc. but forgot to adjust most deadly aoe in there, in FBI the aoe attack by Drufi (red cross) kills my char two time despite dodging spamming heals etc.
    ... They simply forgot to adjust dungeons towards the fact, that we got near no self heal, defense and stats are downscaled into half... Forgot, or simply did not care, or don't know the game same as the pixls, bits and bites in there (some say they don't play this game at all, hard to believe)
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I dont understand one thing, does it mean that the enemy ratings stipulated in queue for CR -7000- is wrong? Shouldnt it be same arpen needed for all those enemy rating of 7000? FBI or Tong or CR? I am maybe just stupid, forgive me in advance for the question
    edited May 2019
    Maybe they deleted all buffs and gave them towards the mobs, idk, content is unplayable except you form a group with 5x 22K+IL and yes I recognized that speed of mobs myself, same as there are tons of bugs on top in all directions, my comments are not meant valid but more sarcastic, being pissed about this big pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they released
    edited May 2019

eolee said:

I dont understand one thing, does it mean that the enemy ratings stipulated in queue for CR -7000- is wrong? Shouldnt it be same arpen needed for all those enemy rating of 7000? FBI or Tong or CR? I am maybe just stupid, forgive me in advance for the question

i actually never even looked at that....if thats the case then the enemies are rated at 70k+7k which would pretty much be in line with what i assumed the required arpen is 76-78k

Actually it seems that even if CR and Tong show as enemies rating of 7000, those 2 dungeons have wrong arpen and kept the mod 15 one so 85%=85k for tong and 100% = 100k for CR. (credit to rjc900)
    @noworries#8859 Please remove the enemy ratings in queue for those 2 dungeons or fix the ratings of enemies in those 2. This is leading to confusion and makes them quite impossible to finish for us average Joe players. Needless to say they are in RAQ and a severe cut of incoming rADs for some players.
    Stop going on please with punishing the players that are still willing to give a chance to this "new" game. This is already overwhelming with changes, fine we can put up with them if we want, but facing so many obstacles and bugs is quite discouraging.

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

what you describe as removed buffs. nerfed powers isn't even what i'm talking about. i'm talking about things like enemies moving at 5x the players speed, and boss mechanics no longer working at all, strahd crashing the game.......to me that has nothing to do with nerfs or removal of buffs

Absolutely this. In Undermountain and in some dungeons there are zones where it seems almost every enemy type can teleport across any distance to smack my slow as molasses toon. Trolls, skeleton dogs, kenku, undead, drow - they all have the same ability to insta-travel anywhere I am. That's not 'balance'.

If I'm slow, it only makes sense that the monsters should be equally slow. And if there are certain classes of monster that are faster - fine - they should hit for less and not be freaking Trolls or other big a$$ classes.

This is only made worse by the occasional bouts of insane glitching that cause my toon to miss multiple dodges out of splat zones.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    eolee said:

check up rainer/janne's doc on google about stats and caps. or unforgiven's video. And you need about 57k armor pen for all lvl 70 content, which makes it even worse, and what ecrana is saying is that your stats aint scaled on a % based system but a hard cap on gear, enchants, etc. like if you running a radiant rank 14, when doing lvl 70 content its capped at rank 7 or 8, and this apply to gear, mounts, etc. ofc its not the same for all 70 dungeons, as we all know they are ranked in tiers 1,2,3.

On the other hand, i think you should add tong to that list of broken dungeons. second boss is doable but.... it can be impossible for newbies or non end gamers, it has various other bugs you prolly wont notice if you run it with a good group. ras nsi is still impossible, souls still have too much health and they literally last 4 seconds and disappear, so yh u'll be screwed regardless. Also a set of different bugs, some that may favor your and others that will not. a funny one we found was when he did the summonger attack to wipe us, and everyone was revived but if u click esc, u'll be put back to the campfire. after this the remaining of us wiped, just to go back in and amazed that the dude was just there in a corner chilling with the same hp % we left him with and now had super teleportation. the white dude was spawning every second after pull. And im pretty sure we dint see all of it till we finallt decided to give in.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

57k is vastly under whats needed for CR in this system, at 74k i was getting about 90% effectiveness

yes, thats due to bad scaling, according to their counter stats blog, u cant get negative stats. lvl 70 enemies have 7k armor pen, accuracy, etc. and 57k defense, deflect, etc. which means u only need 57k armor pen to be doing full damage to them, but like i said, scaling is broken, adds have more stats than they should, and the required IL for dungeons is actually off. until they fix all that, you can only speculate. I mean logically, it makes no sense that u need 60k for 80 enemies (66k for LoTMM), while u need 74k for lvl70 enemies. its just bad scaling that is apparently "in a very good place right now"
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    lardeson said:

eolee said:

check up rainer/janne's doc on google about stats and caps.
    Which i did, and 7000rating enemies like written in queue description for tong/CR is 57k arpen. But its quite not the case. I just think that rjc900 is right, they kept old mod15 ratings for those 2 dungeons.
    edited May 2019
    Pfft, TONG is still unplayable, endboss is not the problem, souls are fixed but you can´t even kill those fixed ones and mobs have like 2 mio HP or more..they don´t go down. Even near cap that dungeon is unplayable maybe except for some max geared elite player. Effectiveness 69% at endboss.
    Arp 60k (84k), Crit 57k (92k) Accuracy 47k (89k), no way to get it to cap, since Accuracy get´s deminished so hard ->minus 42k lol , since my comp is downscaled i guess
    ...but even if Accuracy is at cap, effectivness will not be 100% and even at 100% that dungeon will only be solvable by 0,01% of the playerbase.
    Tanks get melted in there no matter if GF or OP, mobs are like a plague they don´t die, souls vanish after 4 seconds, it would be more reasonable to focus on that boss and ignore all mobs/souls etc. but you need hdps^2 and a lot of healing , we run DC+Soulweaver and player died in a row.
    Cheers cryptic you can shut down this game!!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

what you describe as removed buffs. nerfed powers isn't even what i'm talking about. i'm talking about things like enemies moving at 5x the players speed, and boss mechanics no longer working at all, strahd crashing the game.......to me that has nothing to do with nerfs or removal of buffs

Absolutely this. In Undermountain and in some dungeons there are zones where it seems almost every enemy type can teleport across any distance to smack my slow as molasses toon. Trolls, skeleton dogs, kenku, undead, drow - they all have the same ability to insta-travel anywhere I am. That's not 'balance'.

If I'm slow, it only makes sense that the monsters should be equally slow. And if there are certain classes of monster that are faster - fine - they should hit for less and not be freaking Trolls or other big a$$ classes.

This is only made worse by the occasional bouts of insane glitching that cause my toon to miss multiple dodges out of splat zones.
    They have taken all speed and damage buffs from the players, and given them to the mobs. Maybe the mobs are getting a loyal customer award for ticking it out so long ??