test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Play the "NEW" NWO For New Players

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
1. After creating a character, avoid doing any extra quest as this will increase your leveling.
2. At level Eleven, you will be able to "INVOKE" which will increase your experience points, DO NOT ACCEPT until level 80 as this quest as it will level you up faster making some of the quest impossible to complete.
3. DO NOT wear gear appropriate to your level as this will actually make you weaker in some areas.
4. DO NOT put enchants into your armor or weapons, this will cost more gold then you can acquire and honestly, will only make you weaker over time.
5. Join a Guild, BUT.... DO NOT accept any quest from the Stronghold Team, this will level you faster, and as stated, leveling up in NWO is NOT a good thing.

This is from experience as I created a new character in MOD 16 and had to delete it as I leveled up to quickly and could no longer complete most quest.

Comments

• krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    How does it stop you from finishing quests?
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As my character became 6 or 7 levels higher then the area I was in, I actually became weaker, the mobs killed me so often that I just could not and would not complete Ebon Downs. I have done research and I need to be level 50+ in order to run level 30-40 content as I have a life, and cannot spend hours and hours trying to complete a simple quest. True Story. In Mod 15, I had no problems.. now... just delete and cut my loses.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I think even a chimpanzee would create better system than this if someone managed to teach coding to it. I queued for RIQ and Malabog popped. We started killing the mobs and got bored after 2nd tower. It was doable with 20k ilevel but question is:

"Why the hell should I spend 30 mins in Malabog dungeon when there is no decent reward"

Look this is very important:

"Why the hell should I spend 30 mins in Malabog dungeon when there is no decent reward"

Even 9k from RIQ is not incentive enough for me since CN will net me twice of that amount at the same time and there is a chance to get better loot.

Same with the old leveling dungeons. They said leveling dungeons will be fun and people wont be rushing again but yesterday I did whole pirate king with another level 80 player. Other 3 just followed us behind.

Before mod 16 I was farming CN, FBI and MSP. I finished CR once since I returned the game at February because PUGging was almost impossible. I am still farming CN, FBI. I will start trying MSP today but new players HAMSTER good with this system.

They cant do Tiamat which is important for Tyranny scenario, they cant do old dungeons like Malabog, Lostmauth. Hell people even cant do levelling missions in pre60 zones if they level up too fast at the the start.

Oh by the way, the missions from Cpt. Belgold(or something ike that) to do one of the scenarios also broken. Mission zones drop you to level 70 but mobs at level 80 or 81. I was doing 1 damage to them.

Edit:

Also can you imagine yourself trying to grind new character from scratch. You are new level 80 with undermountain gear from seal store with level 8 or 9 enchantments and all those scenario zones and missions to do while trying to survive in level 70 zone as new level 80. IWD and SKT giants, Chult dinos, Mobs in WOD

This is it for now. It seems my leaver penalty from Malabog is finished

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    dsn1118 said:

Oh by the way, the missions from Cpt. Belgold(or something ike that) to do one of the scenarios also broken. Mission zones drop you to level 70 but mobs at level 80 or 81. I was doing 1 damage to them.

There are bugs like that in some instanced areas. Dev team is aware of the issue, but no ETA for a fix. This is a bit annoying for those doing the Pirate Skyhold mission for the Challenge campaigns, but at least they have a workaround - but this is a real problem for those actually trying to work through the campaign.

Hoping for a fix next week, but maybe they are just focusing on getting LoMM into shape.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Those of you from the 80's.......

In the imortal words of Joshua (WOPR)

The only winning move... is not to play.

:p
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Random leveling queue with level 65 character today (Master of the Hunt)...
    • From shared drops I collected - 86 silver and 36 copper,
    • Used 5 healing potions - cost to replace healing potions 1 Gold, 25 Silver,
    • Died 4 times used 4 Injury Kits - cost to replace Injury Kits 1 Gold,
    • Skirmish Run EARNED 86 silver and 66 copper - SPENT 2 Gold 25 Silver to replace consumables used...
    And it's pretty much that way for just about the majority of quests, dungeons, skirmishes and campaigns I've run since the roll out of UnderMountain (Mod16) without purchasing anything from the Zen Market - Auction House - or Keys for Lockboxes. Consistently Earning much less in game currency than it costs to replace the consumables used during those runs, whether I ran with a character I rolled prior to Mod16 or one of the new characters I rolled after the public release of Mod16.

I gotta’ say, presently the cost and effort to play the game usually seems to exceed the potential reward a player can look forward receiving during or upon completion of those runs...

I have to wonder how many actual new players are having similar experiences and if new players or veterans for that matter, feel they are repeatedly facing a "pay-wall" having to purchase consumables used during their "free to play game" experience?
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~