test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarians and Rage

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
The biggest thing I'm struggling with is getting the equivalent of unstoppable going with this new mod.
Dailies and At-wills seem to have little impact on generating rage. My encounters can perhaps give me 10 to 15% of the rage meter.
In the interim, I'm slugging away in normal mode with what I consider mediocre dps.
In mod 15, I had no issue with getting unstoppable going perhaps 90% of the time. In this mod, however, it's a completely different story.
Any advice on something I'm missing, or do I have to content myself with a gutted mechanic?

Comments

• rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1 - use restoring strike. damage AND heal give to you rage. looks like a bug, but that is what we have for now.

2 - use mighthier leap: the first jump build rage too (the other are 600 magnitude aoe) seens a bug, but that is what we have for now. hahaha

note: looks like every encounter used against 0 targets build rage too, so, you can prepare yourself between fights... but might leap, 2x, build something like 38 rage (using relentles battlerage at least)

3 - ... choose relentles battlerage.

4 - use roar or not so fast. the first build rage itself, the other sustain trample of fallen. more control=more damage=more rage.

5 - for rage porpose, forget ibs if dont in a exclusive single target fight.

in the end, if you want build rage/determination like a old destroyer is necessary play like a instigator...

ps: wms+steel blitz+light help to rage/life steal(barbarian revelry)
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    trousers from ME and from seal shop give rage each time you crit
  • patcherrkmpatcherrkm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    I use punishing charge, bloodspiller and frenzy and it nearly fills my rage meter. Then go battlerage and by the time that wears off your ready for another round of encounters which fill it again.
  • nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User

I use punishing charge, bloodspiller and frenzy and it nearly fills my rage meter. Then go battlerage and by the time that wears off your ready for another round of encounters which fill it again.

this.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I usually open a fight with Roar. The two-second stun allows me to follow up with a quick at-will that produces enough rage to activate unstoppable. It felt awkward at first (different than my old rotation) but I'm used to it now.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW