test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16: Arbiter DC rotations

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
I would like to hear what others think about optimal power rotations for the Arbiter /DPS) Cleric in Mod 16. The system of having two different kinds of pips introduces an entire new level of complexity, and to be effective it is necessary to master the new way of doing things.

I am for now ignoring the issue that some of our Daily and Encounter powers are hardly worth using at all - just focusing on how

Let's say you start with six At-wills that give you a full set of Radiant/Burning pips. You then use an Encounter power of the appropriate type, which consumes those pips for a significant buff and leaves you with a single pip of the opposite type.

At that point you have a choice - you can use an At-will of the second type 5 times, to fill up OR, you can use the feated Divine Glow to instantly give you a full set of pips.

Now, if your Divinity is low, you might have to hit Tab and consume your pips to regain a bit of Divinity, or if you have an appropriate Daily that's not on cooldown, you might want to use that.

Then basically just repeat the process until the enemies (or you) are dead.

Finally, at the end of the fight, hit Tab to consume any remaining pips for divinity before they disappear.

This is the principle, at least. The real issue is exactly which powers to use.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• chryseoschryseos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    For AoE they need to fix sunburst not giving extra judgment and searing light's area.
    I would use tip the scales only with a single target loadout for bosses, using FF or BtS. The 3rd slotted power would be PoD
  • chryseoschryseos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Personally I would like to see better ways to get more judgment charges faster, and not be locked into using only one encounter for that, and I hope they do some changes to feats. Currently I feel they are inferior to every other DPS class I've seen.
  • senordoeboysenordoeboy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Divine Glow represents the entire problem of this change. It's going from a good all around spell to a worthless spell I call "don't hit me".
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Ive got Searing Javelin feated for Daunting light and the extra "pip"

I'm using the following

Trash / Mobs
    At wills to build up burning judgement then searing javelin. If I get 6 radiant I convert to divinity, if its one I use daunting light to get my three burning pips, if its full I convert to divinity. Rinse and repeat.

Bosses swap to FF but you don't get the extra pip from DL

Question - what does it mean when it says Sacred flame Burning Judgement Effectt - Increases magnitude by 10 ???

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    AoE I use Daunting Light, Divine Glow, and Searing light
    Single Target I use Daunting Light, Divine Glow, and Forgemaster's Flame with the appropriate feat making DL single target.

Lantern22-that means if you have red pips and you use sacred flame, your attack gets 10x#red pips you have added to the base of 65 (125 total with 6 pips)
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    With the changes I'm having some success using the following setup for solo:

Geas (proc doombuff class feat)
    Searing Javelin (works with DL feat)
    Daunting Light

Geas to proc buff, then alternate searing javelin and DL, channeling in between to consume radiant and/or judgement pips, especially when the instant judgement pops. Goal is to try to keep divinity up enough to proc the perfect balance feat to refill all divinity. With a little bit of luck you can mostly avoid using at-wills for mob-clearing, occasionally using conflagration to generate pips to top off divinity. This also has the benefit of keeping you neatly centered around 50% divinity for max otherclassbuff.

For single target, I swap in feated FF for Searing Javelin. The divinity management is worse there, so I end up using at-wills in boss fights.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    dupeks said:

Goal is to try to keep divinity up enough to proc the perfect balance feat to refill all divinity.

I'm finding that Perfect Balance does not work on my Cleric.

Is it broken? Or is it just my character?

Edit: Nevermind - it is working. I just remembered in Preview the Burning/Radiant shift counters were displayed on the right with the Divinity pips, instead of the little buff icons under your name (which is much harder to see IMO).
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Wish the indicator for activating angel of death more observable or put rotating 'neon' like to the tab so we know angel of death is ready. This also possible for javelin crit and similar powers for other classes. Currently the 'line' indicator really hard to see and lack of creativity.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    OK, here is the rotation I ended up with:
    1. Start with at-wills to build up 6 red pips.
    2. If facing a single opponent, cast FF. If facing a group of trash mobs, cast SJ. If surrounded by a group of trash mobs, backslide, to make them lose CA against me and to get them lined up, and then cast SJ
    3. (and yes, you should pick the feat that gives SJ a higher chance to crit)
    4. (you should also pick the feat that gives the pip bar a chance to fill up instantly)
    5. If facing a single opponent (boss) and you got 6 yellow pips and you have decent divinity, cast BtS. If you have just a single yellow pip or 6 yellow pips against trash mobs or you are low on divinity, hit Tab and convert the pips to divinity.
    6. Cast Daily (HoF) when possible, convenient and necessary. Otherwise save it for later.
    7. repeat.....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I alternate building fire and light pips. Use SJ or FF for fire, alternate with Geas and BtS with light. Usually I start with light so the cooldown starts immediately.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ironweb#6588 ironweb Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    adinosii said:

OK, here is the rotation I ended up with:

1. Start with at-wills to build up 6 red pips.
    2. If facing a single opponent, cast FF. If facing a group of trash mobs, cast SJ. If surrounded by a group of trash mobs, backslide, to make them lose CA against me and to get them lined up, and then cast SJ
    3. (and yes, you should pick the feat that gives SJ a higher chance to crit)
    4. (you should also pick the feat that gives the pip bar a chance to fill up instantly)
    5. If facing a single opponent (boss) and you got 6 yellow pips and you have decent divinity, cast BtS. If you have just a single yellow pip or 6 yellow pips against trash mobs or you are low on divinity, hit Tab and convert the pips to divinity.
    6. Cast Daily (HoF) when possible, convenient and necessary. Otherwise save it for later.
    7. repeat.....
    For the most part this is what I have been doing also. I've been trying to find a 3rd encounter that feels good to me with SJ & FF. I've tried SJ, FF & Geas & SJ, DL & FF and they work alright but just feels like something is missing. I think I'll give SJ, FF & BtS a go next. Thanks everyone for posting these, it is helpful to have input on what other people are using when trying to adjust my Cleric play.
  • leidiriv#8142 leidiriv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm personally running a build something like

Lance of Faith
    Conflagrate

Forgemaster's Flame/Searing Javelin
    Daunting Light
    Break the Spirit

Celestial Prominence
    Hammer of Fate

Doomsayer
    Light of the Scales

Lightspeed
    Focused Light
    Sudden Verdict
    Critical Sun
    Perfect Balance

The basic rotation I start out with is Conflagrate > BtS > tap Channel > Lance x6 > Forgemaster's/Searing > tap Channel > Conflagrate > Daunting > tap Channel > Lance x4 > Forgemaster's/Searing > tap Channel > Conflagrate x2 > BtS > loop. Sudden Verdict is just for the sake of extra resource economy, and I might end up going with Divine Equilibrium if I find myself not needing Light of the Scales to keep my resources flowing. Also, I tap Channel Divinity after each Encounter so that I can get the full hit chain for my following At-Wills off without wasting any Judgments, while keeping myself stocked up. For Daily usage, I mostly use the one that corresponds to the element I have more stacks of for Perfect Balance. For example, if I have 3 Fire and 4 Radiant stacks, I'm going to use Celestial Prominence after a Forgemaster's/Searing and follow the Prominence up with another Forgemaster's/Searing, then shift my rotation accordingly. And vice versa if I have more Fire than Radiance. I'll follow a BtS up with Hammer of Fate and follow that up with Daunting Light.
    Post edited by leidiriv#8142 on
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    It's been interesting (and frustrating) to me to compare how my rotations feel in Undermountain or old zones vs in group content. When I'm running around Undermountain or Dread Ring or whatever, my rotations work fine and the combats end quickly and everything refreshes.

When I'm in group play in something like Throne/Prophecy or Merchant Princes, the mobs can be plentiful and overlapping, such that combat never ends. This means a ton of time where my divinity runs low and I have to lose my stacks or sit there refreshing divinity. I haven't found something that feels fun in those situations. Any ideas?
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited May 2019

It's been interesting (and frustrating) to me to compare how my rotations feel in Undermountain or old zones vs in group content. When I'm running around Undermountain or Dread Ring or whatever, my rotations work fine and the combats end quickly and everything refreshes.

When I'm in group play in something like Throne/Prophecy or Merchant Princes, the mobs can be plentiful and overlapping, such that combat never ends. This means a ton of time where my divinity runs low and I have to lose my stacks or sit there refreshing divinity. I haven't found something that feels fun in those situations. Any ideas?

If you run a perfect balance + sudden judgement + feated SJ setup and consume between almost all encounters you can sustain divinity in long fights.

Ex:
    BtS / Tab / SJ / Tab / DL / Tab / SJ / Tab / DL / Tab / SJ / Tab / DL / Tab / SJ / Tab / BtS / Tab / SJ / Tab / DL / Tab / SJ / Tab / DL + proc perfect balance
    Top off divinity with conflagration + Tab if you hit a sudden judgement dry spell.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    At-will: Lance / Conflagrate
    Encounters: Sunburst (solo), Javelins, BtS
    Dailies: Celestial Prom / HG
    Feats: Top row, except #4.

Open with at-wills - usually Lance, but I'll occasionally use Conflag if there aren't many minions around, and throw BtS on the big mob. Assuming Lance:
    1. Wait for mobs to get packed in, Javelin.
    2. 2xConflag (each cast = 3 pips)
    3. BtS on something big
    4. Sunburst to make room.
    5. Lances, then Javelin.
    6. Conflag (1-2, depending on Divinity), Channel
    7. Back to the top for more Lances.

Work in dailies, artifact / mount powers as needed.

With Sudden Judgement, I run a good chance of filling my pips on an Encounter use - meaning a fast Javelin or BtS, and if BtS is on cooldown, bonus Divinity. I'm not keen on Daunting Light these days, and prefer the space Sunburst opens up for me when solo. I'll sometimes move to Chains when grouped, though.