test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: 110.20190411b.14

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Unfortunately, fixing scaling issues in levelling content from 3 years ago is just not going to be a priority compared to fixing endgame content and current-mod content. They'll get it fixed, but it just won't be their first priority.

We are not just talking about leveling content here. The Sky Pirate Rescue is basically one of the weekly Challenge Campaign quests this week. Yes, you can avoid it by redoing the actual Maze Engine campaign, but it is extremely annoying (also because this was first reported a very long time ago, and ignored).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    pyrr#5902 said:

1) AP regen is very broken and goes way too slow or not at all compared to other classes

2) Disintegrate is so nerffed that Repel is our biggest damage single target spell...now Wizards are going to get kicked from parties everywhere :(

1 WAI
    2 WAI

Still having the most fun in a long time? ;)
  • cacaum#1048 cacaum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    A LOT of serious issues awaiting urgent fixes and we get this? Very disappointing, Cryptic, extremely so.

Need some campaign progress to get that essential ammount of boons? Nah. No need. We can get by without them, right? /s
    Talking about the underdark campaign where we get quickly destroyed by enemies with levels scaled WAY above ours.

Paladins getting killed because their stamina ran dry midfight because it wouldn't regen, at all? Nonsense. Why fix this? Not a game breaking bug, at all /s

Dps fighters having 2 of their paragon at-wills not hitting some mobs? Why fix this, right?

Health boons not working, at all? That one surely isn't important.

And all this stuff just to mention some of the serious issues reported in this last week.

Again, extremely disappointing.
    English isn't my first language. Please be patient.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    pyrr#5902 said:

Wizard (aka CW)

2) Disintegrate is so nerffed that Repel is our biggest damage single target spell...now Wizards are going to get kicked from parties everywhere :(

I suggested whiIe in preview, to rework repeI to "forcefuI impact", same animation, but instead repeI effect, do a interrupt-disabIe effect, cause it wiII annoy aIIies with target Iocation powers, aIso, desintegrate isnt doint that extra damage for me, maybe its bugged?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I remember back to mod 6.. and while I was upset at anyone for the mess of a mess of a mess that bug inducement was.. I actually enjoyed it.. alot.. I mean tremendously alot.. it was the last time I felt truly feating out and building your toon right mattered in this game (and no it hasnt mattered since then.. all it mattered lately was how fast you killed things.. but you wouldve killed it regardless.. so that extra 10 mins because someone built wrong.. didnt mean all that much. everything wouldve died anyways.

Now you barely have to build anything, or feat anything out.. the differences are very miniscule, and if you are running older content, slotting r8s pretty much is the max you ever need to play the game.

Back then, if your dcs didnt have a clue and didnt have timing down, everyone was dead..

back then, leveling and progression still didnt seem so borked. and while it was harder.. it was enjoyable to me.

I hate to say this, but this mod doesnt compare to mod 6.. not at all.. dont try it, other then bugs.. the game was still really fun in that mod.

This is totally different.. completely different scenario.

Grung companion, supposed to be deaIing 40 magnitud damage, its doing 20-25 magnitud damage, additionaIIy it onIy ticks once and not 5 times, its animation is a Iightning based and not poison one
    owIbear isn't proccing a singIe time
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    adinosii said:

With how stubborn they are being I do not see there being many more scaling changes :(

Don't worry, scaling is in a good place and just needs some tweaks.

I HOPE that was sarcasm.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Remove or change the scaling to be near to level 80 stats. Additionally make mobs stronger.
  • macrom1macrom1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Players can no longer incorrectly gain the full Random Queue daily rewards once per alt. These rewards are now properly given only once per account, per day.
    In this case, we do not plan to take action on players who used this. Players who were on the fence, feel free to enjoy it before the fix goes live.

Why exactly? Do you really think we would make that much AD with this feature? Do I need to remind you that there's still a 100K AD cap?
    With the dungeons being harder than before, this would have been quite a nice gesture actually, and it would have allowed to dust out some unloved alts...
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    adinosii said:

lowjohn said:

Unfortunately, fixing scaling issues in levelling content from 3 years ago is just not going to be a priority compared to fixing endgame content and current-mod content. They'll get it fixed, but it just won't be their first priority.

We are not just talking about leveling content here. The Sky Pirate Rescue is basically one of the weekly Challenge Campaign quests this week. Yes, you can avoid it by redoing the actual Maze Engine campaign, but it is extremely annoying (also because this was first reported a very long time ago, and ignored).
    I thought *only* the campaign missions counted for the Challenge weekly?

Either way: This is just not going to be a priority while current content is broken.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

I've tested tiamat, still the same HAMSTER, mob hit 200-300k, you sure that it is fixed?

People from my guild did it less than ten minutes ago and didn't have the same problem - the trash mobs were the hardest part but were hitting for 100k, critting for 150k - real damage, serious stuff but no one-shots.

(Well, five one shots, one per head. The heads melted in seconds.)
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    ok just done testing most of it, except Cr and here's my take.

thrones fine
    msp- kabal, cant see who ball is attached to, it randomly switches from 1 to another, at the final phase u cant tell when he teleports, he randomly does it and then spawns lava, which can be a wipe.

last boss: hp is abit low, the tentacles and tears aint scaled so they are actually tougher to kill than the boss

tiamat: adds are still tougher than the boss
    Tong: last boss still impossible, adds are way to OP, souls are still ridiculously tough and are only up for like 4 seconds
    well the next 20 bugs in this boss fight were hilarious atleast, go try it out yourself, i dont wanna spoil the new amazing bugs
    on the other hand, orcus and the second boss are relatively ok, the red/dps buff from orcus is bugged, doesn't do anything. To make withers easier, to follow the mechanics, get 1 or 2 upstairs to kill the dwarves when the spawn and another to help free them from grab. But yh the last boss is still virtually impossible, there are a whole new set of bugs.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
    Tong is stiII impossibIe to finish

1 withers damage has to be Iooked into, its stiII deaIing a Iot
    2 orcus's singIe target damage is way too excessive
    3 ras nsi damage and hit points, same as before, burn debuff is aIso too much
    4 souImongers hit points, reduced by yet hard to kiII
    5 chest trap is buggy

• margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    are you kidding me right now !?!??!?!? there is so many big issues what needs to be fixed asap and you give up something like this ?!?!!?!??! this will HAMSTER off so many ppl

Tong is stiII impossibIe to finish

1 withers damage has to be Iooked into, its stiII deaIing a Iot
    2 orcus's singIe target damage is way too excessive
    3 ras nsi damage and hit points, same as before, burn debuff is aIso too much
    4 souImongers hit points, reduced by yet hard to kiII
    5 chest trap is buggy

adding to this, just did another run, we dint notice this in first run is it was a breeze, but yh i went in there with 4 lvl 80s and 1 lvl 70 and omg was withers tough. the grab, sometimes even when u kill it, you are still stunned till u die and the hand cant be targetted cos its "dead?" for a bunch of 70s even this boss may be impossible, the dwarves are spawned super fast, multiple grabs shouldn't be a thing, sometimes the dwarves get stuck in the ceiling and u cant damage them so u are fk-ed
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User

1. I do not see fix for the maze engine quest - The Sword of Justice and The Sky Pirates Rescue. It is impossible to complete these as they are now. I have seen someone mentioning it can wait -- but some of us started to play just recently and it would be nice if new players are also considered so we can progress with the storylines.

3. I see no fix for some containers and Heroic success rewards that can not be opened. Maybe I am the only player who experiencing it but for about 5 days I can not access these rewards.

ad 1) Funny thing is after this patch they were augmented by 1 more level :)))

ad 3) Have same problem and I know several other players

Guys, I really don't want to be sarcastic, but the part of team responsible for scaling/difficulty looks like really incompetent. I feel really sorry graphics and writers who did great job and it is ruined by this mess...

Campaigns broken, people are unable to progress, dungeons messed up and bugged, heroics unable to loot... It would be really nice say at least something, you know issues and you are working on it. And then apologize. By the way I would expect to hear something from community manager or is his/her work to copy/paste patch notes only?

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    So today I got MSP for RAQ.

Group had a 21.8k CW and a 20.5k SW as dps, plus a lower TR. (Dunno if it matters with the scaling caps etc)

* Kabal is ok now
    * One-eye is ok too
    * Endboss tentacles have way too much hp
    * Endboss curse ticks up damage way too fast. You are supposed to have good time to wait for a stun to clear it I think. Now you die quite fast from it.
    * We spent 90 minutes from start until we wiped at endboss at 50% hp(2nd set of tentacles). Some of it is because killing the tentacles took a lot of time and some because we lost people to the ultra-fast curse. Still it feels a bit too long.

Cryptic, did you test-play MSP after you fixed Kabal?? *sigh*

So today I got MSP for RAQ.

Group had a 21.8k CW and a 20.5k SW as dps, plus a lower TR. (Dunno if it matters with the scaling caps etc)

* Kabal is ok now
    * One-eye is ok too
    * Endboss tentacles have way too much hp
    * Endboss curse ticks up damage way too fast. You are supposed to have good time to wait for a stun to clear it I think. Now you die quite fast from it.
    * We spent 90 minutes from start until we wiped at endboss at 50% hp(2nd set of tentacles). Some of it is because killing the tentacles took a lot of time and some because we lost people to the ultra-fast curse. Still it feels a bit too long.

Cryptic, did you test-play MSP after you fixed Kabal?? *sigh*

last time, noworries said they did playtests, hopefully they dont forget to turn off GodMode while doing it. Cos it doesn't feel like they do.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    krysnyte said:

And I STILL won't be able to play the new content because I have no campaign window...Great.

I'm not the only one with this problem, and it seems like a relatively easy fix, to just put the Deeds back, or set the view in Campaigns and Deeds to default or something.

I worked with Support and found a fix to this...

If you have a character that IS working properly, go to your Help->Options->Interface and save the UI from the working character, then switch back to your broken one and Load the UI. It instantly fixed the one character I had stuck in this state as well. Hopefully it works for you too.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

I've tested tiamat, still the same HAMSTER, mob hit 200-300k, you sure that it is fixed?

I would really like to request that the devs test and confirm the elements they fix. There is no way this was tested.

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    aimsies said:

krysnyte said:

And I STILL won't be able to play the new content because I have no campaign window...Great.

I'm not the only one with this problem, and it seems like a relatively easy fix, to just put the Deeds back, or set the view in Campaigns and Deeds to default or something.

If you have a character that IS working properly, go to your Help->Options->Interface and save the UI from the working character, then switch back to your broken one and Load the UI. It instantly fixed the one character I had stuck in this state as well. Hopefully it works for you too.
    OMG seriously? I am going to try it RIGHT NOW I'll report back
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    aimsies said:

krysnyte said:

I LOVE YOU
    And also whoever helped you but mostly you.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Ice knife does not make dmg after each use. You use it 10 times, and do dmg eg 4 times or 3. Repel also works 7/10 times doing dmg. In addition, the magician some combination of skills causes the immortality of bosses and additions can not move and jump.