test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    also warlock bargain does not clear one negative effect(paralise) on 2nd boss in TONG
  • cerianiouscerianious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    I dont know what you have done to the Barbarian class but it is unplayable takes so much damage that it is dead in seconds absolutely useless now
  • driesy1driesy1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    more options with feats
    well for me I noticed with the feats (I think there called) they basically allow only specific skills to be used, I noticed that I have 2 options in each but I don't use either skills and that's basically forcing my hand to use skills you want me to use and making all the rest useless.

so why have every other skill if you are forced to use specific skills. (fighter)

lower that hp(as everyone is saying)
    the dmg is fine that we deal but the hp on mobs are hella high and takes forever to kill and I started as a dps fighter now a tank just so I can survive more battles without having to pot ever 3 secs (but wait pots take longer to CD then I can survive)

lower mob dmg
    I was going to level a cleric up before this mod came in, prob should have I'm dead set to scared to even bother since I went from a 12.5k dps GF that could tank if needed and owned most dps classes to a 15k dps n tank F that's pathetic

and tanks the agro is just plain HAMSTER. cant even hold agro for long dps classes seem to jus pull it and the skills CD is way to long to be able to pull the agro back. the way you designed it players die almost after there 2nd hit if they survive the first HAMSTER. if a tank cant constantly hold agro and keep holding agro then whats the point? skills need a reworking to allow for use or we need more threat added to skills
    Post edited by driesy1 on
  • grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    driesy1 said:

more options with feats
    well for me I noticed with the feats (I think there called) they basically allow only specific skills to be used, I noticed that I have 2 options in each but I don't use either skills and that's basically forcing my hand to use skills you want me to use and making all the rest useless.

so why have every other skill if you are forced to use specific skills. (fighter)

lower that hp(as everyone is saying)
    the dmg is fine that we deal but the hp on mobs are hella high and takes forever to kill and I started as a dps fighter now a tank just so I can survive more battles without having to pot ever 3 secs (but wait pots take longer to CD then I can survive)

lower mob dmg
    I was going to level a cleric up before this mod came in, prob should have I'm dead set to scared to even bother since I went from a 12.5k dps GF that could tank if needed and owned most dps classes to a 15k dps n tank F that's pathetic

+1 im barbarian and there are at least 3 feats choices that are useless for my skill choices, and no feats for the skills i want to use. feats should be general, affecting stats or a type of dmg, not for specific skills, forcing people to use those skills.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    From what I see, the TOP ISSUE is...

lots and lots and lots and even more lots of players are just done with this Game due to the scaling and the ability to customize their character to match THIER play style, which makes it unplayable and no fun for the most part.

This is my advice, put scaling back CLOSER to Pre-mod 16 and allow us to "BUILD" a custom character and you will
    win a lot of hearts, minds and WALLETS. You would win mine!!
  • xxezzxxezz Member Posts: 5 Arc User

From what I see, the TOP ISSUE is...

lots and lots and lots and even more lots of players are just done with this Game due to the scaling and the ability to customize their character to match THIER play style, which makes it unplayable and no fun for the most part.

This is my advice, put scaling back CLOSER to Pre-mod 16 and allow us to "BUILD" a custom character and you will
    win a lot of hearts, minds and WALLETS. You would win mine!!

Ye right.
    After 6 years in this game, I`m done now with it.
    Big thanks to that joke of a "class mechanic" in M16. There are no difficulty and it is only BORING to play.

So I`m waiting for a serious class mechanic, where the player has to think about his own playing....
    edited April 2019
    This may have been mentioned before BUT.... I think it needs SO MUCH attention. This NEW Mod is rendering so many things useless to do or attempt to do.

EXAMPLE: My DC was built just before Mod 16, she is level 43 and just started Ebon Downs. My "MO" is/was to be 8 levels higher then the area as mobs will not attack me and I can get through the content quicker. Due to the current Scaling, which makes ZERO sense, the trash mobs one shot me. A level 43...in a level 35 has little to no chance to complete. In what Universe does this even make sense.

The whole idea is to get STRONGER and defeat the mobs in an effective manner, this game actually makes that backwards.
    There was and is NO NEED to scale the leveling areas. THEY NEED TO GET BACK TO PRIOR LEVELS, OR the need to run ANY content will be negated. Meaning... even NEW PLAYERS will have no reason to play and complete any area,
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i know where they come from, planet bizarro, the world is square cubical planet, they do everything backward.
  • dragunov#0844 dragunov Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Lags - me and members of my actual guild have lag issues form 2 or 3 days. They are most noticeable on Stronghold map (our characters move forward but moment later, they are going backward and so on), but they occur also on other maps. Can you repair this? I think other player (not from my guild or alliance) also have this problem with lags.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    Poorly implemented scaling is the major issue in the game at the moment.

My two latest examples encountered:

1. Replaying missions in the underdark campaign can result in me being scaled to level 60, while the mobs are level 80+.
    2. IG in a random queue is very unbalanced. Even a simple fire patch takes my health down ridiculously fast.

Could we please just revert back to the mod 15 scaling system. No one seemed to have any issue with it other than the devs.

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

SCALING IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE there was no need for it, no one, NO ONE, likes it, except maybe you devs. SO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY and go back to mod 15 upscaling of low level players when they go into places such as IG.

I don't mind the scaling. I do think it is silly, but I honestly dont mind it. But however; it DOES NEED TWEAKING because it is currently making things much harder than they really should be. For example I tried to help a guildie run the Dwarven King Quest arc and the monsters scaled up to level 80 and I basically dealt 20 points of damage to them. So every trash monster became a boss fight. This to me is broken.
    bobo#5090 said:

After scaling the next biggest issue is the removal of rolling our ability scores(str wis, int etc...). This is a core piece of D&D, and needs to be put back as it was in mod 15.

I agree and it is disappointing that it has been removed. Obviously the person who suggested this change knows nothing about D&D or they wouldn't have even pitched the idea from the start. However; on the other hand if they did give it back to us, the stats gained from Ability Scores is so small that they are pretty insignificant.
    bobo#5090 said:

Otherwise while I do like the new campaign, I feel like it is a bit of a let down in terms of expectations. The new areas look good(but only when my toon gets close, if he's out say 30-100 ft from an object it's render is fubar, and my laptop can handle the graphics fine).

Have you tried to set your view distance to a longer distance render? Because I don't experience what you are pitching here. It looks fine to me but I also have my render distance set for a greater depth.

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Well i have had a quest for a holiday event that the game wont let me drop in my journal for 8 months and it keeps getting taken as priority and interrupting my current quest flow. I would like that addressed.

I could also point out that mod-16 ruined much of what i found fun but y'all basically give me the brick wall treatment when ever i do so can we fix the undroppable quests?
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    Here' ANOTHER example of why I cannot play YOUR game.

May 1st 2019..... Level 34 Fighter, geared properly, some rank 8 enchants and blue mount insignias. Entered Illusionist Gambit, less then 60 secs, during the first mob fight, all 5 players DEAD.... done..... GOODBYE
  • johnjones5699johnjones5699 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well hell here it is the 3rd and i was hoping to hear some good news about the new weekly update had fix some of these problems. But i see i was mistaken, i haven't played seen mod 16 for PC was installed, but i have been checking the form to see what was happening. Nothing that figures, I take it Cryptic doesn't care. When i first started playing about 3 and a half years ago the game was hard, my poor old SW died a lot and i do mean a lot, and she was the fourth class i had tried. It's funny i told a friend of mine back in January that i remember when this game was a lot harder, she agreed. So i'm glad that you all decided to make the bad guys tougher, cool. But this, it's unplayable before i left i went in to tiamat and we never made it through the first stage. 25 players could not defeat demons in 3 spots, we never made it the dragon fight. My SW was a 14k, i hit at 200 damage and crit at 1200 now those were top numbers, my lows were like 40 damage 300 crit. Really, how is anyone going to be able to play a game were your damage is this low but your enemy still does 20,000 damage with one hit. this would be funny if it wasn't so pitiful, Now i watch a lot of the video's that came out on mod 16 show casing the new dungeon, and the new stuff that mod 16 did. The funny thing was the people who were doing those video's they were in parties of 5 and everyone was maxed out, they all had the good stuff including the new ride, that only comes with the new lock box. But the thing is none of these people ever did a random dungeon, now they had a party of 5 they had all the good stuff. LOL the reason was because Cryptic was not paying them to show how bad the game was broken they were paying to show off the new dungeon. Oh and next time Cryptic get real players to do the show casing those people sucked, lol you could tell they weren't regulars.
  • luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Neverwinter translation for Portuguese has to be updated she is not translating muinta important thing in the game
  • luciano#9913 luciano Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Everything here and in Engles this is difficult to understand I am translating in the browser
  • shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    1 - Please do something about the immolation spirits floating everywhere. I feel they are what is causing most of the delays and lag I get in the areas where they are most numerous.
    2 - As a control wizard (arcanist) I use icy terrain and other encounters that utilize stacks of chill. Chilling cloud was removed as an at-will power for the arcanist side for some reason, and that was my chief method for adding stacks of chill. Magic missile and the other at-wills do not compliment the arcanist's arsenal like chilling cloud did.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    oh, now i get it, it the devs want players to play "Handicap Characters" with all that disabilities, so we are forced to do daily invoking as suppliments supports.
    see, we cant run or sprint any faster.
    see, we had to wait in lobby for cooldowns before next action.
    Oh i see Que take a long wait in the line and nobody in the line, numbers not yet called.
    after having a review, they consolidated characters's daily AD into single household.
    our foodstamp reduced and received longer cooldown between any drinks.
  • gothlin#3479 gothlin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just started playing this game again after like 2 years. My highest level was like 45...

after everything I have heard about mod16... I don’t think I want to keep on playing...it sounds like it would be a complete waste of time...

Happy I only spent 20 bucks so far I guess...

Any indication of it getting better in the future?
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

1 - Please do something about the immolation spirits floating everywhere. I feel they are what is causing most of the delays and lag I get in the areas where they are most numerous.
    2 - As a control wizard (arcanist) I use icy terrain and other encounters that utilize stacks of chill. Chilling cloud was removed as an at-will power for the arcanist side for some reason, and that was my chief method for adding stacks of chill. Magic missile and the other at-wills do not compliment the arcanist's arsenal like chilling cloud did.

Not to mention many people spent loads of resources and at times money to unlock the offhand (off the top of my head) feature for the Chilling Cloud buff which is now for many people useless.
  • maineiac12maineiac12 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Scaling is the obvious problem right now. I've decided I'll log in, get my key, maybe do 3 ME's then leave. Just did a random RIQ in Prophecy of Madness which should be one of the easiest...level 80 and I was killed 6 times, I used 8 greater stones of health....for PoM? That's completely absurd and completely unsatisfactory. I did Folly earlier and every level 80 character was beaten in dps by a level 70 character doing twice as much damage. This game is simply broken and it's obvious that devs have no intention of fixing it. Well, that's ok it'll save me some real money because I certainly won't be buying Zen anymore.
This discussion has been closed.