test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: 110.20190411b.14

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11152273

Comments

• picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Further open issues (not complete):
    - GF Dig-In: after using it short, char is facing only one direction, move side or backwards, funny seeing, but not funny playing.
    - Boons giving HP doesnt give HP
    - relog in ME put char to YP, not back to group in ME
    - CW stuck with scorcing burst when loading and someone other killed target while loading.

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Any chance that scaling will be addressed in ALL Leveling areas?? So that we can FINALLY complete Ebon Downs, Grey Wolf, etc. as a higher level player??? Or should I just go ahead and delete my characters?
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Malabogs Castle. Please reduce difficulty so it does not take 60+ minutes to do. Adjust mobs and Formorian warlord stats accordingly or increase character requirement level. Please and thank you.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    On another note, no fixes for OP threat generation? If you are a tank, you need threat to maintain aggro against mobs and bosses. Please increase threat generation by 500% or more thank you.
    (Note: This can be done through Templar's wrath or binding oath as 99.9% of paladin tanks will use them.)
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    And I STILL won't be able to play the new content because I have no campaign window...Great.

another user helped me fix this so yay!
    Post edited by krysnyte on
  • soarokisoaroki Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    *hulks in tron skirmish sometimes doesnt work properly
    * Cleansing touch remove Revive Sickness(?)
    *Kabal in msp is immune for damage.
    *2nd boss in tong activates his traps too often
    *dungeon are longer but drop rate realy suck(no i dont want many ad, but 30min = 300 rp, not worth)
    *I have new acc(2 month), and i have free enchantment rank 8 from barovia, my friends play 4 year's and have same stat's from enchanment in dungeon! Tell me, why i need rank 14/15? I will say again, percentage scaling would be better or something similar. We just need sense to proggres
    * Tactical Enchantment can't equip to utility slot
    * OP have stamina bug, i cant charge sometimes
    * Divinity cost on op is too big compared to divinity gain, 25(+/-50 with feat) divinity for each hit using shiled, TAB cost divinity 50/60 per second.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Enemies and Encounters:

1.MC: Enemies with high damage compared to scale (I believe that redcaps have a high Critical Rate or HP reduction across Scale is unbalanced)

2.KR: Kessel spheres are very much above damage and effects and give instakill in most players, including in my GWF 21k. (They should be similar in damage and functionality to the artifact that has the same name)

3.ToNG: Hulks in ToNG apply poison? or whatever it is that causes great damage and this makes it harder for tanks and dps meele to attack them.

One question, will there still be in this adjustment module in the classes? Since I do not see any news about this in this weekly patch.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Thank you for the fix. Looking forward to do more contents afterwards. Yesterday stucked at last boss Tong and hopefully soul can be kill after this.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Still missing:
    * Bank Heist is too hard, we have too low dps to kill the mobs fast enough to prevent damage to the Vault
    I am fine with only being able to get Bronze, but the problem now is the the Vault usually is breached before phase 3
    * Armor kits/reinforcements on gear does not display. Uncertain if they take effect at all(did not test)
    If they are removed by intent they need to be removed from crafting too
    * You did promise a fix to the problem with crafting +1 items not applying to quests
    * MC needs a tuning pass - it is borderline too hard
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    That's a nice patch. Not enough of course, considering lots of these issues should have never come to live server, but at least it unlocks several dungeons. We'll see if MSP, Tiamat and CR become doable after this patch, but that's a good thing, bugs are being fixed.

On the other side, still no communication about the scaling in its general idea, and if they plan to listen to their community or not.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    1. I do not see fix for the maze engine quest - The Sword of Justice and The Sky Pirates Rescue. It is impossible to complete these as they are now. I have seen someone mentioning it can wait -- but some of us started to play just recently and it would be nice if new players are also considered so we can progress with the storylines.

2. I think the scaling for most dragons is WRONG. The one in graveyard is so weak now that can be killed with 1 blow. The one in Rothe Valley can be killed with 5 hits. On the other hand the dragons in the wells of dragons are way to overpowered. At best 2 of them can be completed within the given time frame. Not sure if that is the intention.

3. I see no fix for some containers and Heroic success rewards that can not be opened. Maybe I am the only player who experiencing it but for about 5 days I can not access these rewards.

4. Also no fix for Stronghold marauders?
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    CW Storm Pillar Gets Stuck in animation of charging to the point you can not move your character and your only choice is to use teleport and still remains stuck even after teleporting to reproduce this issue if you are charging storm pillar and mob stuns you /dazes you
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Yet again fixes that might slightly benefit us are prioritised when there are still so many broken mechanics and bugs. ...cough...cough HP Boons adding no extra HP. Could you not have addressed the HP boon instead of the Focused retaliation boon as seems way more important to QoL? Just a thought
  • adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    davidmoki said:

how long until downscale is removed so we can actually play the game again?

It is never going to get removed as they spent too long implementing and tweaking it there is no way they will drop it now. With how stubborn they are being I do not see there being many more scaling changes :(
  • nikitta79nikitta79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also cant open Heroic success rewards for past week. It says I already have it in my bag,please fix it.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

davidmoki said:

how long until downscale is removed so we can actually play the game again?

It is never going to get removed as they spent too long implementing and tweaking it there is no way they will drop it now. With how stubborn they are being I do not see there being many more scaling changes :(
    easy fix, get in touch with rainer, jannee, sharp and others who took their time testing and putting everything into a doc, ask them for assistant on stats caps and boom, scaling should be in place. Rn its just their ridiculous "recommended" IL, not "required" IL being used to scale the dungeons which makes no sense, as we all know they always chose the lowest IL for new contents. Even when you see in the queue "required IL 14k" for tong, lets be more realistic, at 14k, you dont have the stats to counter the enemies in tong, so yes, thats way off.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

1. I do not see fix for the maze engine quest - The Sword of Justice and The Sky Pirates Rescue. It is impossible to complete these as they are now. I have seen someone mentioning it can wait -- but some of us started to play just recently and it would be nice if new players are also considered so we can progress with the storylines.

Unfortunately, fixing scaling issues in levelling content from 3 years ago is just not going to be a priority compared to fixing endgame content and current-mod content. They'll get it fixed, but it just won't be their first priority.

Anyone running The Maze Engine should also be able to run Elemental Evil, Sharandar, Dread Ring, Well Of Dragons, Dwarf King's Throne, Underdark, Icewind Dale, and Undermountain, at the very least. Put Maze Engine on hold and work on some of the others for a while? There's no way to do all the dailies for all the campaigns at once, so focus on some of the others for a week or two?
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019

On another note, no fixes for OP threat generation? If you are a tank, you need threat to maintain aggro against mobs and bosses. Please increase threat generation by 500% or more thank you.
    (Note: This can be done through Templar's wrath or binding oath as 99.9% of paladin tanks will use them.)

Using Binding Oath I can manage threat pretty well, however, DPS NEEDS to also manage their threat. Dps classes that are good at doing damage can and should be able to steal threat from you, they need to learn to back off, but they are so used to focusing on paingiver and nothing else (myself included =) ), so it may not be that OP's are bad at tanking, but that some dps'ers are really good at dps.

As far as I can tell, it seems some of scaling problems might be from when they adjusted the stat:effectiveness ratio from 500:1 to 1000:1. Notice how when balanced for lvl 80/lotmm you end up with about half the stats needed in lvl 70 content, which would have been about correct at 500:1.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The same reason they didnt have time to fix alot of this before live, is the same time now they are not addressing items.

Simply put their team is overextended by a wide margin which leads to the trash heap of the game we have now.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Also, when you state things like we are abusing a system , how the heck do we know if you thought to put the daily back on or not.. come off it, you guys stop posting nonsense like this, if you want to come out and say something is broken then do it.. otherwise cut that garbage off.

That is pure nonsense.

I might have run a couple extra leveling dungeons here and there.. whoo hoo, boy penalize me for that extra 30-40k ad.

Sure some people might have done like 100k a day doing that.. whoopie do.

Considering that is the cap anyways.. what exactly is the issue, no one can make more ad over the cap.

• picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    i wanted to figure out how the scaling system works on the stat numbers.
    i see no difference in a 13000il dungeon or a 15.000il dungeon.
    There are 4 Levels of scaling target i noticed.

If you put to queue the "minimal ilevel" feature you get same result. i thought a 15.000il dungeon has higher statvalues after sclaing then a 13.000il dungeon, but no.

So there must be more wrong then you believe.

and to give my 2 cent on this.: give everyone 1million AD (for not able to work on its own for that) and cancel the hole item level scaling system. As a start change it to level based scaling system you have for zones, cause that has more value for all and brings a little bit fun into game that is missing from start of mod16 on.
    Work out a scaling system that holds value for Progress, test this on preview and then implement this (may be mod17).