test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future of Neverwinter...

barbie#2808 barbie Member Posts: 357 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello, for the past few weeks Neverwinter has been filled with alot of negativity and criticism, and i do consider it's justified to a certain limit, while Cryptics and PWE might be facing pressure from us the customers, i do hope that they won't fail towards this pressure. I want to remind all of us that we should be civil and that we all love this game and we wish for it to be a succesfull game, while right now the game might be facing a downside and a bad response from the community this doesn't mean that the changes of module 16 are bad. I belive it's time for all of us to think what Neverwinter done right and done bad for the past modules, and we should learn from it.

When i started to play this game, Neverwinter was a simple and direct game, a game with endless content, perhaps there aren't any developers left in the game that used to play Neverwinter when it was launched, but 1 thing that Neverwinter done right back then was the format of Dungeons/Skirmishes, which i think Neverwinter should bring the importance of Dungeons back.

Alot of Players started this game with m6 or at a later date, but they do not remember the old days when we used to Level up a toon from 1 to 60, being able to play the Blue version of skirmishes/Dungeons so that when we reach lvl 60 we would be already familiar to them. Once reached lvl 60 we could farm for Gear and loot drops from Bosses that we could sell in Auction House, now everything is Bound on Pickup and everything can be purchased from Vendors. Since module 6 when most of the stuff were purged out of the game from previous modules (including dungeons) and Dungeons that were brought back were streamlined the game became worse and worse, and the mentality of players of finishing a Dungeon as fast as possible became a easy thing to do.

So i was thinking why should a quest from Undermountain reward us with a item level of 909 and a drop from Master Svardborg should be item level of 606. I speak problably for everyone that once we reach end-game gear there is nothing to do or to run, because for the past modules Neverwinter Developers have been spending time to Release the Flavor of the Module Dungeon or System, which in the next module it became a thing of the past, a relic of the game. And question is why?
When i started Neverwinter, sure there were tier 1 and tier 2 gear and even when module 1 and 2 launched the gear that came from that wasn't making the previous gear obsolete, but nowadays all i see is that Neverwinter Devs put alot of effort to release a module like Stormking Thunder and then make it obsolete by releasing the Jungles of Chult, i hope you see the pattern.

So why not Revamp the content, and this time instead of Pruning the Dungeons Content why not Increase the difficulty of these Dungeons and increase the Item level to reach the end game.

Bring every Item in the game that was released since mod 6 till module 16 to the same item level, this includes the artifact weapons

- Golden Weapon Sets from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign
- Module 6 Elemental Weapons
- Module 8 Twisted Weapons
- Module 10 Headsmen Weapon set
- Module 11 Cloaked Ascendacy Weapons
- Module 14 Chult Weapons
- Module 15 Ravenloft Weapon set

Reminder about Stronghold Siege, Gauntlegrym and Stronghold map, like there is literarly nothing to do there now, and i am not saying that you guys should raise strongholds, all i am sayin is that make the Gear there worth, add more rewards in the Stronghold Map, including Stronghold Siege.

If every Gear is brought to the same item level people will have choices... Imo they could even be brought as drops in Dungeons.. Just bring back the feeling that we had in module 0-3 of running Dungeons that were difficult and rewarding... Currently every module and the way things are being done makes us Run 1 Dungeon and do nothing else for 3 months until another module is released that makes the Dungeon we've been runnin useless.

Now that the classes feel different, we will love a Neverwinter that gives us challenging Dungeons.
Also for new players starting this game, make it easier for them to level from 1 to 80, like purge some Zones/Quests and let them level fast, game feels really OLD when it comes down to new players, alot of players will quit once they reach Tower District, because currently the game feels out of place because it gone through 3 Transitions
1 to 60, 60 to 70 and 70 to 80.. Fix this.

I am happy with the changes done with module 16 and specifically i will say

1. Class Revamp
2. Boon system
3. Companion System

Stats and Scaling will be fine too..

But i am not that eager to run ONLY 1 Dungeon for an entire module, or doing Heroic Encounters/Master Expeditions till module 17 when they will become worthless.

Revamp the whole past modules and bring them to the end game level.

What happend to the Fishing system, Hunts system and many more? they arent worth doing...

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Greetings @barbie#2808 !

I think you bring up some very good points and valid concerns...

Undermountain still follows the same idea of previous content being made 'obsolete' in many ways, and I definitely see the point your making in making old content relevant again. It would add a huge amount of replay-ability to the game, and keep older content legitimately playable. Particularly with the Boon restructuring, and the uniqueness of older Boons gone.

Not sure if the person power is available on the Dev Team, but I think it's a notable idea and one worthy of review! @nitocris83
    va8Ru.gif
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Raina is a very informative person. But this thread is not meant to bring them in attention scaling, there are alot of threads opened at the moment, and they already gave a response on this, if people would just read :smirk:
    Anyway i do not mind the difficulty, i just wish they could make Dungeons difficult and rewarding.

Yes! If the time investment to finish a dungeon increases 2 or 4 fold on average - the rewards should be commensurate with the increase in time investment. Or it is not going to be worth the effort to bother doing it - ever.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Meh in the end of the day its a game, I left once for a year, I will just take another break, I dont see the current model as profitable or feasable for them, there is nothing for them to sell.. no reason to upgrade, comps were all trashed monstered.

If someone doesnt find it fun anymore, its not fun anymore.

im not here to be uncivil, but sometimes you need to voice the concern of.. Why would I spend my limited entertainment money with you?

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Simple..
    Remove mod 6 gear and useless refinement from rewards, now you can buy what? 2500 refinement for 800 ad? or at least that was the price of rank 8 runestones..

Add a 100% of getting enchanting stones / marks of potency (rare or bellow), blood ruby's, Astral diamonds
    Add a small chance of getting pres wards, coal wards, marks of potency/enchanting stones (epic or legendary)
    Add a small chance of getting a specific legacy mount /companion on a specific dungeon (ex.: eTos has a chance drop legacy mount X, Fbi has a chance to drop epic companion Y, you get the picture).
    Add a small chance to get a legendary mount/companion on the newest Dungeon/Trial (look at artificer's workshop, i've ran that over 2000 times and i still keep doing it because of the mount)

I don't mind running 30+ min dungeons as long as i get good stuff... the other day i ran a random etos (42mins) the only thing i got was 14k ad and gear worth 300 refinement...

Happy customer always brings money and friends over - Marketing 101

I won't even bother talking about scalling again because that still needs a lot of work...

Ps.: I love running nDemo now!! love watching 18k+ players dying over and over again because they think they can still face tank everything and then watch them blame either the healer or scalling because they are brain dead.
  • pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    If you want to witness a Massive wipeout , we can give you a tour descount on Tiamat , 30% off if you bring a friend.
    Dont go to Tiamat its useless , its totally broken