test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon difficulty reports

Comments

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    nDemo: Tanks cannot gain Demogorgon's attention during phase 1. He ignores all aggro from being attacked, even with powers that are supposed to put you on top of the aggro table.

(I assume this is related to him being immune to damage during this phase, and the new tanks-get-aggro-via-damage mechanic?)
  • asterix000asterix000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hello again,
    Akar Kessel difficulty report.

https://imgur.com/GIAaSQR

Look at the damage of Black Ice Orb and how often he casts.
    The feeling about coming back to real challenging fights is good...but enough is enough!

• lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    So aside from FBI are any other RAQ dungeons actually runnable?
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @lordtweety#3604 said:
    > So aside from FBI are any other RAQ dungeons actually runnable?

MSPC cant kill 1st boss bugged.
    Haven't tried SVA or MSVA, but pretty going to say FBI only.
  • hordehound7hordehound7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

In Tiamat any hit from any mob instakilled me. After 10+ deaths I had to abandon it.
    It would be nice if you remove it from Random queue until it's fixed.

Tiamat and all the new dungeons that came out for MOD 16 are too dang hard man this needs to be addressed.
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Malabog's Castle random intermediate

Totemists damage and critical strikes is little op or scaling really sucks (well we know that from 40 pages in top issues thread) if you take in account the critical avoidance, defense and hp on our lvl 80 characters

[Combat (Party)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 267574 (318700) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 156331 (302988) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 174836 (316893) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Totemist deals 271529 (504500) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 232476 (324965) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Totemist deals 171677 (281820) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 210042 (264331) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 284053 (302819) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 155964 (309890) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 156526 (311005) Psychic Damage to <> with Voodoo Disable.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 53492 (310699) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 48657 (51871) Fire Damage to <> with Ranged Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 125739 (325881) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 105999 (310367) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 235835 (309602) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Totemist deals 42191 (53626) Fire Damage to you with Ranged Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 140458 (302289) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Totemist deals 62865 (301927) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Totemist deals 243129 (309554) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Totemist deals 152326 (302661) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Party)] Totemist deals 132710 (272086) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Other)] Totemist deals 140395 (280790) Physical Damage to <> with Melee Attack.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    TONG Ras Nsi, souls no longer are consumed by trex, making this encounter even more difficult. Also without AA cc immunity, the cc from Ras Nsi is a big pain
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I did ELoL today and it went well. Scorps reminded me of the first time i did them hard and hectic, but fun. Boss was rough because the lava is instant kill and im pretty sure the fireballs are insant kills. Used about 5 party rez scrolls. Fun but holy HAMSTER it took forever we were all above 20k. 30+ minute ELoL run for 3kad and usless gear didnt make us feel good about it either. Its doable, but how much fun is it when its more profitible to do just about anything else in the game than run a dungeon.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Tiamat stills needs attention or scaling or both.

Thanks
    Black
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    FBI was full of issues today.
    Hill climb.
    * Giants chain-casting charge nonstop, had giants zipping everywhere
    * Giants charging off the edge and getting stuck in unhittable state and not resetting, requiring full-party wipe and long wait out of combat to reset and progress
    * Giants charging through the side of the cliff and getting stuck inside the terrain, taking several minutes to reset

Hati fight.
    * First attempt, Hati landed then ran off the edge of the cliff, getting stuck midair out of range below us but not dying. Had to wipe and reset.
    * Front and rear cone AoEs occasionally not showing warning red at all
    * Front and rear cone AoEs showing warning red too late to move in time (probably serverside lag)
    * Front and rear cone AoEs hitting characters outside the red
    * Pounce red warning splotches not lining up where Hati actually lands (old bug, been around as long as I've been running FBI)
    * Frontal AoE poison ticks wildly erratic in damage. Anywhere from 2500-50,000 per tick.
    * Hati stayed in the air for 7 minutes at the 50% phase transition, then immediately quadruple-pounced (actually pounced, did damage and all, not lag)

Drufi fight. Basically none of the fight mechanics were working properly today.
    * Drufi's red charge path rarely lined up with where she actually went
    * blizzard phase pushback not blocked by ice
    * blizzard phase pushback sometimes could not be fought against, resulting in deaths against the wall (about 1 in 4)
    * "I cast ice" animation not lining up with effect, sometimes she'd do the animation and no ice, other times she'd still be attacking and the whole party gets frozen with no warning
    * Hypothermia not splitting damage properly. It was killing the whole party even with all 5 stacked together, each "tick" of it was doing 32k to my 20k ilvl soulweaver warlock (who's downscaled to 160k hp) as if it wasn't getting split, but was killing all 5 of us. Ended up sending the marked person to a corner to die cold and alone.
    * big charged ice finisher ability (don't know the name) where you're supposed to hide behind ice columns. Was ALWAYS hitting people directly behind the ice. Only way past this was mass rez scrolls.

I ran this instance yesterday and the only issues I had then were the too-late warning red and Drufi's erratic charges. I think you need to defrag your servers or something.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Yesterday I did CN and MC.

MC was far, far harder of the two dungeons.

Only deaths as tank in CN were with boss 2, 1x in 2 runs.

In MC I died 22 times. Now some of those deaths are not tied to difficulty, but rather to player mistakes (both mine and others). But many can be attributed to massive hits as described above.

Did CR (well tried):
    Sisters bugged and the second sister wouldn’t leave the person with the book alone until they were dead, and then I screwed up and she went through the gate and hunted them. Eventually she was missing from the arena long enough the game decided she was dead and we were able to kill the third sister and then have dps go out and kill sister 2 to finish them.
    On Strahd he took his first prisoner and the game crashed. Killing the dungeon.

Also did ToNG and with a suitable group had no trouble until we reached Ras Nsi. There were 2 problems here from my point of view;
    1) a single hit from Ras Nsi’s IBS would wipe my whole stamina reserve despite having 60k defence in ToNG.
    2) The phase cycle is simply too fast to accomodate current capacity of characters or alternatively the ghosts/souls have too much DR (& possibly hp and Deflect).

https://youtu.be/TtBW9XiGnMU
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited May 2019

Sisters bugged and the second sister wouldn’t leave the person with the book alone until they were dead, and then I screwed up and she went through the gate and hunted them. Eventually she was missing from the arena long enough the game decided she was dead and we were able to kill the third sister and then have dps go out and kill sister 2 to finish them.

FWIW, it's not "going after the person with the book", it's "going after one specific person" that she does. Drop the book and she'll still chase you, so someone else can take the book. I'd advise giving the tank the book on the second Sister, except...

On Strahd he took his first prisoner and the game crashed. Killing the dungeon.

.... this. It appears to be character (machine?) dependent - not everyone crashes at that point - but if you crash at this phase you will ALWAYS crash at this phase. It's repeatable: if part of your party crashes there, that part of the party will crash every single time.

The aggro bugs can be worked around. The crashes can't.

Castle Ravenloft is not completable in the current mod.

• gnomeandsland#6149 gnomeandsland Member Posts: 7 Arc User

tong still problems with ras nsi....22k team couldnt beat him. souls have too much HP still and the trash mobs also have too much HP as well as dealing too much damage, ras nsi overhead chop is still a 1 shot to even a tank, and the fact that the dungeon is rated at 7000 but the enemies have 77k+ ratings doesnt make it any easier.
    withers was no trouble though.

Same. Also sometimes spawns twice as many souls as normal. Ras Nsi cc lasts so long without aa that most party members wipe from hands. Just not winnable even with v exp 22k group.
  • seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    VT ghost phase. the ghost is driving a Ferrari where it will kill everyone because the movement speed is just like using legendary mount speed + 100% speed bonus.
  • gnomeandsland#6149 gnomeandsland Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Manycoins (into which I was dumped by an RIQ) is also largely unplayable. Waves of enemies in multiple locations = swift death. Encounters can't keep up, at-wills don't cut it. Cleric can't heal in 2 locations (and gets tapped out of divinity quickly, anyway). Cut enemy hp and damage in half, and maybe most groups will have a chance.

Can I recommend that dungeons & skrimishes not be in a queue rotation until you've, you know, play-tested them a couple of times?

VT ghost phase. the ghost is driving a Ferrari where it will kill everyone because the movement speed is just like using legendary mount speed + 100% speed bonus.

I ran a VT last night where 3/5 of the party survived the first ghosts, and we managed to get to the second ghosts after about 15 minutes (tank was holding aggro on the whole wight crowd and surviving, healer was keeping tank alive, DPS + tank *eventually* dropped Valindra down to the second ghost phase) but we got unlucky on the second ghosts and only the tank survived. The ghosts move *way* too fast, exactly as everyone has been reporting for since before Mod16 release.

• drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Malabog's Castle--3rd tower you have to blow up, troll stuck in the tower unhittable. Can't drop combat to blow up the tower, can't progress in instance, had to abandon. Has happened twice now, same tower same mob both times.
  • mikeletoris#4960 mikeletoris Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Castle Ravenloft > When ur in last boss (strahd) game crashes instantly. And cr scaling is pretty bad its way too easy
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @drumon88 said:
    > Malabog's Castle--3rd tower you have to blow up, troll stuck in the tower unhittable. Can't drop combat to blow up the tower, can't progress in instance, had to abandon. Has happened twice now, same tower same mob both times.

Sadly, that is a preexisting condition.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Illusionist Gambit
    Floor on fire seems to 1/2-hit the players.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Copied and edited this from https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1248302/more-than-half-of-epic-dungeons-cannot-be-completed-currently-5-9

Difficulty level for the dungeons in RIQ is reversed:
    - CN (highest IL requirement) one of the easiest now,
    - Malabog (lowest IL requirement) one of the most difficult

The following report is my assessment for the dungeons in the random intermediate queue (RIQ). For most dungeons the report is based on ~10 runs. Some dungeons (the more difficult ones that nearly always fail with random groups) had 5 runs.

Note, that the results might be better for a pre-made group of seasoned high IL players, that queue as a full party of five into RIQ. However, this report is about the difficulty a normal player should typically see, when (s)he queues via random queue into this group of dungeons.

The dungeons in RIQ are the first epic dungeons experienced by a new player. They should challenging, but doable for a new player. If the new player dies at every attempt, even when there are players in his group that have 7-10k above his own IL, something is terribly wrong... BTW, this has been reported again and again by me and other play testers in the two months of open preview. Seems the most important content for new players is not a high priority for the devs. Likely will hurt sales, becaue fresh level 80 players are the most likely to spend money. Just my two cents...

Malabogs Castle (MC): No chance to complete with a party with the intended IL. Doable for a full level 20k+ party, but takes very long with crappy rewards. This should be the entry level dungeon for a fresh lvl70 or lvl80 player. With a random group in RIQ success chance is less than 20%. This does not make any sense at all. One-shotters all over the place. Not enjoyable at all, in particular for the long time it takes and the worst rewards in RIQ. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Valindra's Tower (VT): Ghost phase in the end boss fight is totally broken. Haven't yet seen a successful completion. This should be one of the easiest (entry level) dungeons. It is super hard. Ghosts are FAR TOO FAST. No chance to outrun them, especially if you are slow (tank spec, no sprint). Even if one knows the mechanics of the end-boss fight, one gets killed by the ghosts. Nothing to learn, nothing enjoyable. Crappy rewards, but nearly zero chance to get the HAMSTER. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Kessel's retreat (KR): End boss and two beholders hit far too hard. 16k tank dies after 1-2 hits. Much too hard. Only one completion with random group so far (out of 5+ attempts). only completed because two 21k+ players duoed the instance. This should be one of the easier dungeons. Instead, one-shotters all over the place. No chance to get better and to learn tanking or healing (or the mechanics). In most groups boss was still at 90% health when the entire group died. Crappy rewards. At least it usually takes only 10 min only the group realizes that its better to abandon. Needs to be looked at. Please remove until fixed. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER, REMOVE

Throne of the Dwarven God (ToDG): Doable after the hulk patch. Even got gold once with a good group. Mostly bronze and silver. Working, but when the more urgent stuff is fixed it might be a good idea to tune down the difficulty a bit, so that gold is possible for a group with the intended IL. Not fun, but can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Prophecy of Madness (PoM): Doable with many deaths (because often no healer). Gold out of the question. Silver only possible with 29k+ group. Otherwise, similar to ToDG: Working, but when the more urgent stuff is fixed it might be a good idea to tune down the difficulty a bit, so that gold is possible for a group with the intended IL. Not fun at all, but can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Epic Shores of Tuern (eSoT): Doable with a good tank and healer. Very difficult for a group with 16k IL. I would still recommend to leave the difficulty as it is (hard for most groups). Low IL groups might need a couple of attempts at the end boss, but the skirmish is short and can be a good opportunity to learn tanking and healing (and for dps: staying out the red, let the tank get aggro, etc.). However, crappy rewards. The run itself is usually fun. Can stay

Epic Temple of the Spider (eToS): Same as eSoT. Doable with a good tank and healer. Crappy rewards. The run itself is not much fun. Can stay as one of the more boring AD grinder dungeons.

Manycoins Skirmish: Totally broken. Even most 20k+ groups fail. Needs to be looked at. Far worse than nDemo, which was removed last patch. GAME-KILLER !!!, REMOVE

Merchant Prince Skirmish: Doable most of the time (but mostly silver and bronze). Often no healer, meaning very many deaths. Some of the mobs respawn (or summon adds). These spawns should be disabled for groups without healers. Rewards are lala. Can stay, but often not fun to play.

Castle Never (CN): in mod15 the most difficult dungeon. Now one of the easiest. Zombies in the charging sphere room (before the second boss) still one-shot players. This is actually one of the few rather enjoyable dungeons in RIQ. Can stay. Rewards are adequate for the effort.

Lair of Lostmauth: The skorpions hit far too hard for a group with the intended IL. If there are at least two 20k+ players, its doable (with caution and tactics). Can stay as it is, actually one of the nicer (but still challenging) dungeons in RIQ.

Tiamat: was badly broken and not completable even after patch. Removed in last patch.

nDemo: Was actually doable after first patch. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL to remove nDemo from RIQ, but leave the far more difficult and far less rewarding MC, VT, KR and Manycoins in RIQ.

Epic Grey Wolf Den (eGWD): Did not test yet

Epic Cragmire Crypts: Did not test yet.

Bottom line:

Still, two weeks into mod16, many dungeons in RIQ are not doable. The worse the rewards, the lower the intended IL of the dungeon is, the more difficult the dungeons become. This is an obvious side-effect of scaling. WAI?

10-30 deaths (before the group abandons) is not uncommon in some low IL dungeons (see report above). In particular to "oldest" and "lowest IL" dungeons are not completable (at least not for the intended group; premade groups of seasoned 20k+ players will fare differently). Constantly dying, no chance to complete the run (and thus earn rewards to get better gear), no chance to learn the mechanics (this requires at least some chance of success), will scare off new players.

New players with low IL expect the low IL dungeons to be doable (with some effort). In contrast, the "easiest" dungeons (easiest in all older modes pre-mod16, that did not suffer the broken scaling of mod16) are totally undoable and not fun at all for the ILs, for which these dungeons are intended.

Somethings needs to be done quickly! RIQ should be the first mildly challenging content that a new level 80 player sees (the transition from 70 -> 80 takes just a few days, so players in the range 70-79 are very rare). The difficulty actually experienced in a run should scale with the minimum IL requirement for the dungeon (the minimum IL requirements can be seen in private queue). Currently the lower the minimum IL requirement is, the harder the dungeon becomes. The lowest IL dungeons are only completable for a premade group of players of 20k+ IL, that know the mechanics from the days when these dungeons were first introduced. New players cannot have this knowledge, nor do they have 20k+ IL, nor are they typically thrown into a random group with four other experienced players with 20k+ IL.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    NDEMO was removed because after the last patch, it was impossible to enter AND the still invulnerable boss could get to the campfire and fight.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    pitshade said:

NDEMO was removed because after the last patch, it was impossible to enter AND the still invulnerable boss could get to the campfire and fight.

I played nDemo a couple of times after the patch, and it worked. As I said, my assessment was based on personal experience. I agree that impossible to enter is a game-killer, even if it happens randomly. In any case, generally nDemo was in a far better shape than MC, VT, KR and Manycoins, which are undoable with the typical random group (unless in a 1-5% chance you happen to be thrown in with 4 other near bis players).

EDIT: My point is, dungeons that are incompletable for the intended IL should be removed, fixed, thoroughly tested and put back again. nDemo was better completable, even before the patch that broke it, than the four I mentioned. They are "fixing" stuff in the most "quick and dirty" way imaginable, meaning their "fixes" make things even worse.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Master of the Hunt as of mod 16 has become next to unplayable.

- Endless waves of mobs in the boss fight.
    - Boss is randomly and repeatedly regaining full health.
    - Boss and mobs chasing players who have the least HP and totally ignoring Tanks.
    - Resurrected players (whether by Soulforged Enchantment, Eye of Lathander, player assisted resurrection) drawing mob agro immediately resulting in a one-shot death.
    - Everybody is too busy being chased by npcs/dodging npcs to get a hit in on the final boss.
    - Whole party dying repeatedly and having to travel the full length of the skirmish to get back to the boss fight.
    - Boss and mobs running to meet returning players they just killed.
    - Healing companions (ANY summoned companion) completely ineffective.

The only exception to the above appears to be when I am using my Wizard which I have actually Tanked with successfully in Master of the Hunt. How is that even possible?

After sincerely enjoying playing Neverwinter so much (before mod 16), all I can say without losing my civility is: Neverwinter is no longer fun. Speaking for myself, I'm not looking for a cakewalk. But seriously, folks... What were you thinking?

Looking at how Blizzard Entertainment has officially announced World Of Warcraft Classic (aka WoW Vanilla), perhaps Cryptic needs to follow their lead and literally roll EVERYTHING back. Re-release Neverwinter v1.0. No mods. No gimmicks. No insipid D&D 5.0 rules which nobody asked for. None of this level-scaling nonsense nobody asked for.

Just.

Pure.

Neverwinter.

If you really are hell-bent on keeping the level-scaling, then give us back the old power points, skill trees and boons. Otherwise mod 16 truly marks the end for Neverwinter (much like what happened in Star Wars Galaxies and The Old Republic) because it is simply unplayable.
    Post edited by caldochaud#4880 on
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • kenni46rus#9742 kenni46rus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hello. I want to ask a question, I can not find an answer to it in the Russian forum, no one knows the exact answer. The satellite amplifier now gives 310% of the characteristic, is it a developer’s mistake or is it permissible in the game forever?
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Fields of Fire is insanely overpowered in Illusionist's Gambit and causes total party wipes almost instantly.

Look, scaling is a bad idea and everyone hates it. Just get rid of and let us enjoy the game again without this pointless, counterproductive frustration.