test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Enhancement

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I have the Vistani Surcoat and want to buy an armor enhancement. Right now I can get the Shadowclad Rank 7 or the Eclipse Rank 8. Any suggestions on which one?

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I would only consider Barkshield or Elven Battle.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I would also consider soulforged, as it gives the bulk of it's benefit at a low level.

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    dupeks said:

adinosii said:

I would also consider soulforged, as it gives the bulk of it's benefit at a low level.

Eh, I'm a little less sold on Lesser Soulforged for soloing and in some dungeons where you're constantly being damaged.

What happens is you get picked up by Soulforged, the enemies run over, stomp you again, and then laugh as you get a second revive sickness. Or the dungeon laughs at you with their passive damage effects.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    if you're poor soul is still a good option. just not the best option imo.
  • Options
    rjc9000 said:

dupeks said:

adinosii said:

Eh, I'm a little less sold on Lesser Soulforged for soloing and in some dungeons where you're constantly being damaged.

What happens is you get picked up by Soulforged, the enemies run over, stomp you again, and then laugh as you get a second revive sickness. Or the dungeon laughs at you with their passive damage effects.
    All fair points.

I would say it's still solid for budget builds, mostly due to DC's long and comfortable iframe-dodge mitigating some of the issue you pointed out.
  • Options
    I chose dread. Bad idea, dps is down. I will try flame.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • Options

I chose dread. Bad idea, dps is down. I will try flame.

Lol this is your armor enchant thread.

But Dread and Flaming will both be pretty lackluster unless you are going for a tenebrous-proc build. As has been mentioned elsewhere, vorpal stands out especially for encounter-heavy classes.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    dupeks said:

All fair points.

I would say it's still solid for budget builds, mostly due to DC's long and comfortable iframe-dodge mitigating some of the issue you pointed out.

wtt Potty Squat for tipping the scales+rollerskates

(also do note that many new mechanics have the undodgeable damage, like Lostmauth lazor, so no dodging those...)
    dupeks said:

Lol this is your armor enchant thread.

nononono you have it wrong

we should ask them to share their secret of equipping a weapon enchant in an armor slot.

I want to be like the peanut gallery and have 2 Vorpals!
    dupeks said:

But Dread and Flaming will both be pretty lackluster unless you are going for a tenebrous-proc build. As has been mentioned elsewhere, vorpal stands out especially for encounter-heavy classes.

What build *isn't* running 3-4 Teneberous in their slots due to loldevalued stat enchants?

I'm pretty sure you'd use Vorpal anyways due to needing to make the other enchants more "consistent" in usefulness...

• Options
    I think there is a bug. After applying the enchant I can't tell what it is, The name is blank. Anyway i chose 5% + Hp and deflect +1200 seems to help. Although with all the new changes to my pally I have never had to use health stones like aspirin before.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter