test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Mounts.

sgough31sgough31 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get out a bit of frustration over a matter of concern with mounts in the game. Since i joined playing 4 years ago, ive always been a fan of the whole Dungeons and dragons. When this game finally got its console release i was pumped with excitement. After 4 years, 16 mods later, im still shocked into why this game still does not have a flying dragon mount. You would think the words Dungeons and dragons would be enough inspiration to finally get an actual flying dragon mount. And im not talking about something that look like it can barely get off the ground. I mean a real dragon, wings full span flapping about and actually get some good height whilst travelling on it.

I mean yeah weve seen some mounts as dragon types like drakes etc but whats a dragon type mount if it dont even get off the ground. Im not exactly asking for much and im sure there are other players who share my vision of swarming around on an actual dragon. We fight so many of them, we go to war with them but we cant ride them???

I think its one of those matters that should be addressed. While it might look nice to ride drakes, wolves lions, birds, engine/mechanical mounts, surely the thrill of actually riding your own flying, gliding dragon would be and endgame feature. Who dosnt want to ride a dragon right???

Fashion can be a big concept to some gamers purely for choice of flavor to add in game and present a nice way to explore the zones of neverwinter on a real flying dragon.

Right now it just feels like (Dungeons and drakes and whatever the nine hells we want, but no dragons).
Wake up Neverwinter designers, get you A game on and bring this game a feature worthy of the entire Dungeons and dragons franchise.

Comments

• ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Thomas Foss (the lead designer) was asked about flying mounts once. He said that it would be Great, but they're Impossible to make since neverwinter is not an open world game, and it will reveal a lot of "behind the scene" areas that they didn't work on anyways because you're not supposed to get there (out of Protector's enclave for example).
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    they could do what was done with the Manticores mount; in where the mount would do a flight animation pose but would walk on foot when traveling.