test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Dungeon Scaling

Comments

• mtlmortismtlmortis Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Why would you seriously release any kind of MOD or update without thoroughly testing the quality of your product?

It was tested. Thoroughly and by many people. They said the exact same thing then what we are saying now after release. This is not unknown to them, it was said in alpha and beta. It was, apparently, completely ignored as they were happy with the scaling and that it is in a good place.

It is now being spin doctored to be only tweaks that need to be done in certain places and mobs instead of their massive miscalculation across all zones and dungeons.
  • margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    @nitocris83 When there will be new patch notes coming ???? it's been 5 days now without any updates at all!!!!
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Edit: Quoted wrong post.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Mobs in Chandler's Farm are level 80 while the character is only level 70. No chance to do anything.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    6 days later..#info#news #nottoday? Loool :)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Last update was Friday evening, which is 5 days ago, or 2 business days. Considering the hours the devs worked leading up to the release, they needed the weekend to get some rest and spend time with families. If we don't get some sort of patch or update by the end of this week though, then we would be well within our rights to call them out.
  • yppo#1635 yppo Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Last update was Friday evening, which is 5 days ago, or 2 business days. Considering the hours the devs worked leading up to the release, they needed the weekend to get some rest and spend time with families. If we don't get some sort of patch or update by the end of this week though, then we would be well within our rights to call them out.

If this problem was unexpected, sure, give them some time to fix it. But in reality this has been brought to their attention from numberous people over the last two months. But it was obviouly "fine" and "in the place we want it to be". There are no excuses for this mess.

• soulseekers13soulseekers13 Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > Last update was Friday evening, which is 5 days ago, or 2 business days. Considering the hours the devs worked leading up to the release, they needed the weekend to get some rest and spend time with families. If we don't get some sort of patch or update by the end of this week though, then we would be well within our rights to call them out.

How much are they paying you.... Just like the streamer who knew nothing about the game.

> @arazith07 said:

> Last update was Friday evening, which is 5 days ago, or 2 business days. Considering the hours the devs worked leading up to the release, they needed the weekend to get some rest and spend time with families. If we don't get some sort of patch or update by the end of this week though, then we would be well within our rights to call them out.

How much are they paying you.... Just like the streamer who knew nothing about the game.

No one is paying me, I see those who make this game as people. Who have busy schedules and have made numerous changes every week to the game in both the preview stage and the opening week of M16. Should they have waited to release a more polished product...most definitely. But that is not the fault of the developers, but lies with those they answer to. To expect them to have a patch right after a weekend, is asking a bit much, especially when there is a lot that does need to be fixed.
  • soulseekers13soulseekers13 Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > > @arazith07 said:
    >
    > > Last update was Friday evening, which is 5 days ago, or 2 business days. Considering the hours the devs worked leading up to the release, they needed the weekend to get some rest and spend time with families. If we don't get some sort of patch or update by the end of this week though, then we would be well within our rights to call them out.
    >
    >
    >
    > How much are they paying you.... Just like the streamer who knew nothing about the game.
    >
    > No one is paying me, I see those who make this game as people. Who have busy schedules and have made numerous changes every week to the game in both the preview stage and the opening week of M16. Should they have waited to release a more polished product...most definitely. But that is not the fault of the developers, but lies with those they answer to. To expect them to have a patch right after a weekend, is asking a bit much, especially when there is a lot that does need to be fixed.

You are a fool, they told us it was in a good place and there is nothing wrong. They should have waited now the game is unplayable.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @arazith07 said "Scaling is fine"

Please link a video of you completing ToNG, CR or mSP.

Because unless you can, I'm calling BS.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.

@arazith07 said "Scaling is fine"

Please link a video of you completing ToNG, CR or mSP.

Because unless you can, I'm calling BS.

Sure list dungeons that are bugged or have over scaled monsters, but don't mention ones that are working like FBI and CN among many others. It's one thing to say something specific isn't working, like Withers activating too many traps or the souls having too much HP compared to the rest of the dungeon, and another thing to say everything in general is not working as the developers intended. This thread is to point out the issues within the system.
    I am not denying that there does need to be work, what I have been saying is to give them time to fix and test it themselves. I will disagree that 90% of scaling is off, more like 30% of the dungeons and most of that is due to specific bosses or monsters. And yes most do say that this was a hasty release, but that is not on the developers themselves, but their bosses. If you look at all the state of the preview just one month away from launch and the launch itself, there was a lot of bug fixes and changes, and some things broke in the process of updating live as we saw with CN. So we can't say they haven't been fixing things. Again this is mainly on the producers or whoever else set the deadline. Now let's hope that there is a patch this week that will fix more bugs and scaling, and another after that, and another until the game is in an acceptable state.
    Yes, we should hold those who set the date of release accountable. But I doubt that would be the devs who decided it.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

I welcome the scaling system with open arm. Previously player steamroll low lvl dungeon and left behind new player. After that players suggesting dungein scaling. Now dungeon scaling has been implemented the only problem to lock any dungeons that are not properly scale till fixed.

Lmao do you even know whose fault this was?? Cryptic... they made ''Random leveling queues'' available to lvl 70 characters, what did you expect? people to say no to an easy 9k ad?

Love these types of comments ...

The biggest problem is that they implemeted scalling so people wouldn't feel that the game is losing players and your q's would pop-up faster. A lvl 80 should never be in a dungeon with a lvl 70 or bellow that.

They worked on the mod for over a year and they couldn't add a new dungeon tier only for lvl 80 players, and even after 1 year they still released one of the most bugged mods until now, thats why people are so mad

• locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It wasn't my fault I beat the next dps by 800mil in a random msp. Those folks were lucky I was there to carry them. I've only played 2 years here, but I worked hard to grind up my toon. New level 70's shouldn't have the ease I do. I worked for it. Well, as you can tell by my avatar...Im back on STO. Sadly I have 90days more vip, so I'll stop back everyday, get my key, and jump back on STO. The game now sucks, and you're doing nothing but making folks move on. Good Job.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    The twigs in the hill encounter in Barovia (can't remember the name) take about five people to stop and to take down. They ignore any CC a rouge has (like Dazing Strike).

The twigs's durability is just ridiculous.