test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Dungeon Scaling

Comments

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Defending the sword coast:
    Manto Derith Defense is scaled properly (60 for mobs 60 for me)
    the Drow Outpost is 81 and am lvl 70 bugged
    Neverwinter siege (demon siege) scaled properly
    Post edited by eolee on
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Tiamat.

Ran Random Intermediate queues with some of my alliance friends on Saturday, and we got put into a Tiamat instance that there was almost no one in.

All the clerics were at zero, and the devils were not able to be damaged.
    It actually timed out.

We tried again, and got another Tiamat. this one we started from the beginning.
    The cultists you get the dragon orbs from was fine.

But once you get past Severin, and defend the clerics, well, that became a nightmare.
    Devils again were undamageable.
    Characters couldn't generate much threat on them so they end up surrounding the clerics and their progression bars don't advance.
    Pretty much makes Tiamat uncompleteable now.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    In summary, it's Mod 6 all over again. Though I think that's perhaps unfair to Mod 6. Because in Mod 6, the Devs didn't lock all the decent level 80 weapons behind *content they had not yet freaking released*. Because let's face it, when the HE scaling kicks in, weapon wise, its a choice of "abandon your weapon enchant" or "watch the enemies, that now have regeneration in battle unlike you, heal faster than you can hurt them..."
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Atm was cool if some dev write something like this: ok guys we got the problem we solve all we have a new patch ready we will make sense again on level gear and enc up.lol seem we are talking alone.i think if ppl keep write its cuz we belive yu can fix this broken game. :) We need to know something ty.
  • soarokisoaroki Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    *hulks in tron skirmish sometimes doesnt work properly
    * Cleansing touch remove Revive Sickness(?)
    *Kabal in msp is immune for damage.
    *2nd boss in tong activates his traps too often
    *dungeon are longer but drop rate realy suck(no i dont want many ad, but 30min = 300 rp, not worth)
    *I have new acc(2 month), and i have free enchantment rank 8 from barovia, my friends play 4 year's and have same stat's from enchanment in dungeon! Tell me, why i need rank 14/15? I will say again, percentage scaling would be better or something similar. We just need sense to proggres
    * Tactical Enchantment can't equip to utility slot
    * New alabaster weapons are not scalling in dungeon
    * AP gain from weapons is strong or bug? On manticore(fbi) my OP had non stop daily
    * OP have stamina bug, i cant charge sometimes
    * Divinity cost on op is too big compared to divinity gain, 25(+/-50 with feat) divinity for each hit using shiled, TAB cost divinity 50/60 per second.
    * Tenebrous dont work.(0dmg)
    * VIP level decreased to 0

Post edited by soaroki on
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    This mod has done many great things but at the same time has been one of the worst ones compared to mod six. Queues, whats the point if you can't even do the final boss whats the point for doing bank hiest and others if they will fail. Its one thing to die more and its another. Where you can't finish them. What they have done has been a big mistake. I'm not saying this to just complain. I feel like it might be driving players away. One thing, old feats system, and ability point system should be restored. Can keep out power points. But also restore any abilties that are no longer with us too. Buff up at wills. I can understand scaling in some places While at the same time not in higher up queues and point is. I rather they buff up all the foes and scale us up rather then whatever this is. I don't expect it to be easy what I do expect is being able to do the content. Within one or two tries. The ability to queue up and succeed. People just don't have time to go at it for hours every single time. That will just cause players to just stop playing the content all together. This is whats going to happen if it stays like this I feel. Not everyone is a elite player that knows every mechanic and knows how to make epic builds to take on epic challenges. Most of us are more casual and if you kill it for causals you only going to drive out more of the people that will give you money. Maybe scaled queues can be an optional feature. For more reward for those players that want to do them. While some might say git gud. I say at least fix this mess please.
    edited April 2019

I can only say one thing. I believe 99.9% of players will agree with me when I say "Scaling is not in a good place right now." I'm sorry if that differs with the dev's opinion but it's true. At least 85% of the old content is frustrating and/or unplayable. I'm enjoying undermountain, but it's the only area I can play in without getting angry.

Yeah and this is why they need to undo it. Item level scaling is a mistake. Maybe scaled down so you don't so overkill everything but still be say like 25 to 35 better damage then say a not fully upgraded item level character. Or 50 percent better. Being no better then say a new player with no gear at all makes this content really impossible we don't want challenge campaigns we want story content campaigns that is doable so we can get stronger. It really was a mistake adding this scaling and that is my review on it. I rate under mountain content at well a 95 percent or A- in terms of the storyline but I think there should have been more. As Well as yawning portal being accessible at any level or an rp instnace version of it. The rest of it I'm going to rate as the following/ changes to characters in terms of dps, removal of character portraits. And this scaling over all I think this update would be considered at least a D or a D- in grading because of what was done. The only reason why its not an f because well at least they did good with the storyline for undermountain and did a good job with the yawning portal. They could fix this and I hope they do so.
    Yeah this scaling system was a mistake plain and simple. We don't want to be powerless we want to do the content we don't want to have to spend hours just to finish one queue. That isn't fun at all. Game was good before mod sixteen in terms of faced paced combat that we enjoyed. I can understand maybe making it feel more d&d but the way they done was really bad. This was a change that was not flashed out. Remove dungeon scaling all together. No scaling, but still keeep dungeon scaling as optional for those players that want to play scaled down maybe for more rewards but don't force it onto everyone. Return old feats tree give players options. Also give players most of the abilties they can't use together with the way they placed them into paragon paths. I think moving back to the way it was before would be the way to go. That is my two cents on this issue.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    I wonder if they restored critical chance to 100% we would be fine?
  • grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

I wonder if they restored critical chance to 100% we would be fine?

they could make critical chance 1000% and it wouldnt make a difference when level 80 players with 22k ilvl are being 1 shotted.
  • aachilaachil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    id like to add a few things on the dungeon aspects for the admins.

1. throne of the dwarven gods when you are on the part you have to make the hulks hit the shield it bugs and they dont hit the shield properly and it takes forever even tho it can be completed after like 40 minutes..

2. master spellplague one of my favorite dungeons is bugged and unplayable.
    on the 1st boss kabal when you have the fireball spawned on you when you kill the big golem. once you drag it to kabal and hit him he is still immune so its impossible to kill him please fix

3. tomb of the nine gods ive tried this dungeon at least 7 times and getting past the second boss withers is practically impossible even having 2 dps on traps. eiether withers has way to much health or the traps need to be activated abit less in my opinion.

4. tiamat is impossible to beat as most people get practically one shotted its also got a few bugs also.

5. castle ravenloft getting past sisters of fury boss is impossible also once you get her to 3% health and have to destroy the soul/red circle thing even with 4 dps hitting it in the few seconds timeframe you get is not enough time to destroy it we always get wiped.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

@noworries#8859

This is a clip from my combat log:
    "[Combat (Self)] Your Barkshield Armor absorbs 1 (1) damage from Greater Ettercap's Backhand.
    [Combat (Self)] Greater Ettercap deals 28591 (32400) Physical Damage to you with Backhand."

You've read that right - my rank 14 barkshield enchant soaked *1* whole point of damage - in a Rune Encounter in Vanrakdoom, where I was scaled down a massive *1* level to level 79.

*This* is the kind of thing we are talking about when we say that the scaling doesn't scale, but rather is a punitive measure against players. I want to be challenged in older content, and I get that is what you want to accomplish, too - but Rune Encounters are meant for level 80 players - why the everloving HAMSTER are we scaled down for them? And how can you justify moving players from "able to handle lvl 80 content quite well" to "can't survive level 70 mobs"?

And how can you possibly justify that kind of cutback to a player in one HAMSTERing level?

scaling working fine, lol
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019

We would also take this opportunity to ask for your help in this matter, if you are, or become aware of a dungeon or area exhibiting this kind of behavior, please use THIS thread to report the problem and the team will get to it as soon as they can!

I like this request. I'll ask our guild and alliance if they'd be interested to assist best we can.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

@Nitocris83 has done an OUTSTANDING job as a Community manager. I think she deserves to be promoted to FULL TIME and get a handsome raise.

Hahaha Just stop. It's not even funny when it's so blatantly false. Oh wait, were you serious?

I like this request. I'll ask our guild and alliance if they'd be interested to assist best we can.

Yes please help them. Like the countless people that helped point out these same exact issues over the last 6+ weeks. This request is nothing more than a way to get feedback out of the preview threads. Sadly, the feedback is pretty much copy and paste from preview since the same issues still exist.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

@Nitocris83 has done an OUTSTANDING job as a Community manager. I think she deserves to be promoted to FULL TIME and get a handsome raise.

Can't be cereal - Ummm, I've worked in professional organizations with PR people and just no. Stop please lol.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    While others have done a great job outlining the various issues and how badly the scaling has been handled, I wanted to add my voice to those who are very unhappy with it and expect changes to be made. Will be withholding spending real money until the scaling is fixed and the broken dungeons are fixed. No AD for Random runs is linked to me not paying you real money.
  • ojangurenlealojangurenleal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Anyone thinks this issue will be resolved soon? Or even a response or acknowledgment from one of the devs? Its such a shame - the most enjoyable thing in the game, at least for me, was doing Randoms. Now I can't even do the low level ones. Not to mention no one is queuing because they know they will be one shotted. Oh well.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    can you change the scaling please so the difference between level 80 and level 70 is not so big on stat ratings?
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Yes please help them. Like the countless people that helped point out these same exact issues over the last 6+ weeks. This request is nothing more than a way to get feedback out of the preview threads. Sadly, the feedback is pretty much copy and paste from preview since the same issues still exist.

I am in 100% agreement with you there. However, once it hits preview, it's pretty much going live as is. Beating up on a forum community manager does not make the game better. Unfortunately, since Cryptic has always been hands off with the community, and sadly still is, the player base has little choice but to complain to the forum community manager for this OBVIOUSLY RUSHED MOD.

I was not kidding in the least that Nito deserves a full time slot and a raise, this is a thankless job most times, and her verbiage is carefully crafted for her by those making far more money.. those bean counters we never get to meet on the forum, and never will. She is very limited in what she can say, especially in a raging environment such as this one..

As for why we would try to assist? Well that's easy. We love D&D, Neverwinter and the friends we've met along the way. Instead of beating up forum moderators who have no say in any of this, I think it would be more productive to try to help the devs get this squared away. They messed up, no question. But now it's time to look forward.

Now, that being said.. the cost of cryptic doing this scaling redesign now and messing up the communication piece is THIS (From a very loyal player) :

While others have done a great job outlining the various issues and how badly the scaling has been handled, I wanted to add my voice to those who are very unhappy with it and expect changes to be made. Will be withholding spending real money until the scaling is fixed and the broken dungeons are fixed. No AD for Random runs is linked to me not paying you real money.

I too am VERY unhappy how the scaling was handled. THIS was discussed in ALPHA. Changing this now in 2019 and bundling it with a GREAT content mod, is INSANITY.

But it's done and we are going to try to do something productive. Ball's in your court Cryptic.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    how is this an update dungeon level 80 difficult to kill mob can not kill the update do you do it properly before the game is easy to understand the game is difficult.