test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Campaign - We are set to Level 60, enemies are level 81 tho.

cacaum#1048 cacaum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi all!

First of all the usual apologies: English isn't my first language, blah blah blah.

The report:

1) Log in to a level 80 Paladin and trying to advance the Maze Engine campaign and/or farm some Alliance Supplies.
2) Grab the "Support the Factions" quest from Bruenor Battlehammer on Mantol-Derith
3) Grab the "Defending the Sword Coast" quest, also from Battlehammer
4) Battlehammer will always give me the "Rescue Prisoners from the Drow"
5) Mission area is loaded, my character level is set to 60 (remember, I'm a level 80 already), but the enemies are level 81.

Observed Result:
Can barely scratch them. Quick death sequence ensues.

Expected Result:
Mob levels should be at the same level as our characters

Screenshot (sorry about the quality. I'm not good with this stuff):
https://imgur.com/a/kZIy332

Edit: better screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Z9lhGDb
Edit 2: it seems other players already reported this issue. Feel free to delete this post if necessary.

Thank you for your time.

English isn't my first language. Please be patient.
Post edited by cacaum#1048 on

Comments

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Players are SCALED to Level 60 and mobs are Scaled to LEVEL 81. Unable to complete ANY content. Please Fix
  • pallatusprimeiropallatusprimeiro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same happens to me, why is this happening? any idea??
  • maruheartmaruheart Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same problem
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Maze Engine is the challenge campaign this week, baphomet is fine and counts, but defending the stronghold produces level 81 mobs when the character is scaled down to 60. 22k gwf and i could barely scratch them. Not quite in the realm of possibility here. how are we supposed to beat this? @noworries#8859 @nitrocris
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks folks! This is being looked into!
  • javiergellajaviergella Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same problem when Bruenor send me to Pirates Skyhold to complete Defending the Sword Coast. My Pally lvl 72 (78 before mod 16, I'm not telling you what I think about this matter) scaled to 60, mobs lvl 71, totally inmunne to all my powers.
  • gmbrewer#9583 gmbrewer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Agree, happened in Fiery Pit yesterday and Pirates Skyhold today. Plus, the mob chases you back across the map. I respawned at the campfire, only to be immediately surrounded and killed again. And again. Couldn't leave the zone, escape/exit out
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    the scaling they put in to this game is horrible, I decided to take my main through Underdark, but then I'm done, I will collect mt VIP key, I have stopped doing professions and by the end of this week will be done with the new area, it's sad that the devs refused to listen to the play testers and let this mess go live, this is, most definitely, worse than mod 6
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same experience with Pirates Skyhold. I got scaled down from 80 to 60, but the mobs were 81, could do very little and died having done almost no damage to the first group of enemies. They then followed me back when i released and killed me again. And Again. Not even the Aviaks in Karana were that vindictive.
  • javiergellajaviergella Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"gmbrewer#9583" said:
    > Agree, happened in Fiery Pit yesterday and Pirates Skyhold today. Plus, the mob chases you back across the map. I respawned at the campfire, only to be immediately surrounded and killed again. And again. Couldn't leave the zone, escape/exit out

That's exactly for me. I barely could to abort mission before they killed me again.
  • infoxycation#3896 infoxycation Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Maybe it will be useful for someone who, like me, doesn't want to waste days waiting for devs to fix this bug (because I got stuck with Pirates skyhold quest and can't proceed). I found out how to trick the system, just bring the 81 lvl mobs to the edge of the rock and push them off the cliff by a skill or artifact, like Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting for eg.
    Example is under the spoiler

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Just a hint for anyone stuck on doing the Maze Engine quests for the weekly Challenge campaign - until this gets fixed, you can just replay the campaign quests. final quest in the last phase is particularly quick and easy.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • infoxycation#3896 infoxycation Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    adinosii said:

you can just replay the campaign quests.

Chapter 2. The Sword of Justice.
    Accidently ran into the pack of lvl 81 mobs xD Quest became not doable for me because you can't kill them and there is no place where I can push them off the cliff by my method I mentioned above, so they kill you and follow you to the reanimation spot.
    Proof is under the spoiler

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

adinosii said:

you can just replay the campaign quests.

Chapter 2. The Sword of Justice.
    Accidently ran into the pack of lvl 81 mobs xD Quest became not doable for me because you can't kill them and there is no place where I can push them off the cliff by my method I mentioned above, so they kill you and follow you to the reanimation spot.
    Proof is under the spoiler

I did the sword of justice quest today, those fire elementals are brutal XD

Luckily i could kite them and they were not specific to moving on with the quest.
    Killed the pertinent mobs then ran to the fire at the end and let them pummle me :astonished:

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• gmbrewer#9583 gmbrewer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I think this issue is related to the entire Underdark campaign, not just the Maze Engine quests. Had similar experiences with Dwarven King quest arc--first chapter.