test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin (Tank) Stamina Bugs

obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
1) You can take damage without shield up and still loose stamina. (This seems to be tied to bug 2, once you have gotten your stamina stuck, then when it tries to refill, its like your shield is up and so taking damage reduces your stamina.)

2) Stamina gets locked and just doesn't refill at all, it doesn't matter what powers are used. (It looks like once your shield depletes it gets stuck in the game state of "in use" and takes about 10s or so to clear, which is an eternity in a dungeon or other boss situation.)

Both of these are critical problems for the Paladin. Having our critical tanking tool disable randomly during fights makes it even harder to actually tank this content.

Video:
https://youtu.be/kAi9CRruUJQ

In addition to the bugs with Paladin you also can see the problem with the movement speed of the ghosts in VT, you cannot outrun them so with their damage they easily kill you (even with 50k defense in this dungeon).
Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
Obsidian Oath - Warlock
A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

Comments

• hared666#6453 hared666 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Have you seen anything that helps build divinity? I have tried every feat and class feature and don't see any improvement. Shield works slower than just getting out of combat all together. But why "play" a game where you have to wait minutes to start again?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    @hared666#6453 please ask over in The Citadel threads as that’s not relevant to this bug.
    budushie said:

i got this bug today while using burning vengeance feat if you just click it and not charge it at all it will bug but if you hold it in for a sec and then release it wont bug also if it does bug you can just hold it in for a sec and it goes away till you forget to hold it in that is nxt time you cast it lol

Thanks @budushie for the info.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • cacaum#1048 cacaum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Having this stamina issue with my paladin. It's been already very complicated to adapt to the divinity thing for a tank, but the stamina "freezing" randomly is causing a lot of unnecessary deaths.

In my case, Burning Light seems to make the stamina gauge kinda confused. The skill description says that stamina won't regenerate *while charging*, but it actually causes some kind of mess and the gauge will fill - or not - randomly. Some times even attacking with Shielding Strike (this one should recharge stamina) won't help to fix the issue and we have to face enemies without stamina and, soon after, without divinity (no blocks, no proper stamina recharge on fights).
    English isn't my first language. Please be patient.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Report escalated
  • kopisusu36b#1324 kopisusu36b Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Yes, stamina not regenerated correctly. My Paladin (IL 21513) have stamina regen 47% (lvl80), also using elven battle rank 13 with increased 35% stamina regen, also using shielding strike which also added stamina restoration. After several mob hit blocked, stamina not regenerated quickly. I can't tank when my stamina gone.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    This bug makes content hard to enjoy, for tank same as healer, cryptic stays silent
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Didn't those souls always deplete stamina when they hit you?

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @schietindebux said:
    > This bug makes content hard to enjoy, for tank same as healer, cryptic stays silent

Which part of nitocris’ comment about escalating the bug is “staying silent”. Seriously wth?
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

Yes, stamina not regenerated correctly. My Paladin (IL 21513) have stamina regen 47% (lvl80), also using elven battle rank 13 with increased 35% stamina regen, also using shielding strike which also added stamina restoration. After several mob hit blocked, stamina not regenerated quickly. I can't tank when my stamina gone.

use the reflect power, ( binding oath? ) shielding strike, and spam heroism, you should be able to get by with that set of skills, untill developers finally fix this HAMSTER